When talking about SafeLink home internet services, you may be thinking about two different unrelated companies. One of them no longer goes by the name ‘SafeLink’ but it does offer home internet services, while the other company remains known as SafeLink but does not offer home internet services – it offers mobile services instead. It may sound complicated, but it’s actually quite simple. Let’s dive into it. Some time ago, there were two companies that were named SafeLink.
- One was (and remains) SafeLink Wireless, a company that offers free and discounted phone and wireless services to eligible low-income households through the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
- The second was Safelink Internet – a company that offers internet services and was recently rebranded as Anthem Broadband.
Regardless of which company you had in mind when you searched for ‘SafeLink home internet’, we have got you covered, as here you will find out all there is to know about these companies’ services.
Safelink Home Internet or Anthem Broadband Internet Types
Now, let’s move on to the next company – Anthem Broadband (formerly known as Safelink Internet). This internet service company provides fast and reliable internet services designed to connect people across the Northwestern part of the county, even in remote rural communities.
Anthem’s services come with no data caps, no throttling, no credit checks, built-in parental controls, and honest, reliable speeds. The company serves Idaho and its neighboring states.
Anthem Broadband (formerly known as Safelink Internet) offers three types of internet services – residential, business, and farm.
- Residential or Home Internet : This internet type will help your household stay connected. It offers unlimited data and no throttling. Parental controls are also included, which enable you to set limits on internet usage, filter unwanted content, track browsing history, etc. You will receive an integrated Wi-Fi connection that connects all your devices, including your laptops, smart TV, security system, and much more. The service also allows you to add VoIP phone solutions and a home security system.
- Business Internet : The commercial internet type is designed to keep employees connected. It includes unlimited data with no throttling, network management, parental controls, and phone solutions with add-on VoIP services.
- Farm Internet : Lastly, agricultural businesses must also stay connected. The company offers a simple and convenient way to make your farm smart. It offers fast internet service with unlimited data, parental controls, and a reliable 24/7 customer support service.
Safelink Home Internet or Anthem Broadband Plans
Now, let’s take a look at Anthem/Safelink home internet plans.
- Power Plan: It costs $109 per month, download speed is 25 Mbps, and upload speed is 5 Mbps. It supports simultaneous streaming on 5 devices.
- Tech Plan: It costs $79 per month, download speed is 20 Mbps, and upload speed is 4 Mbps. It supports simultaneous streaming on 4 devices.
- Family Plan: It costs $69 per month, download speed is 15 Mbps, and upload speed is 3 Mbps. It supports simultaneous streaming on 3 devices.
- Streaming Plan: It costs $59 per month, download speed is 10 Mbps, and upload speed is 2 Mbps. It supports simultaneous streaming on 2 devices.
All Anthem/Safelink home internet packages also include unlimited data, guardian essentials, and 5 email accounts. However, there are also some extra charges included – a new account setup costs $10 (a one-time charge), installation costs $90 (but you can get it for free with a 1-year deal and auto-pay), and equipment rental is $9.95 a month.
What Other Services Does SafeLink Wireless Offer?
SafeLink Wireless is a Lifeline and ACP-participating phone and wireless provider that offers discounted monthly services to eligible customers.
Qualifying low-income households can get:
- Free monthly unlimited text messages
- Free monthly unlimited talk minutes
- Up to 25 GB of free high-speed data
- Up to 5 GB of hotspot data
- A free smartphone
Customers can also purchase an upgrade phone and a paid upgrade plan.
SafeLink’s upgrade paid plans include:
- A $10 additional minute plan that includes 500 minutes, 500 texts, and 500 MB of data.
- A $12 additional minute plan that includes 1000 minutes, 1000 texts, and 1 GB of data.
- A $5 Tribal Land Only data plan that includes 10 GB of high-speed data for 30 days.
- A $15 Tribal Land Only data plan that includes 40 GB of high-speed data for 30 days and DVD streaming quality.
- A $15 unlimited plan that offers unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 3GB of data for 30 days.
- A $20 unlimited plan that offers unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 4GB of data for 30 days.
- A $30 unlimited plan that offers unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 14GB of data for 30 days.
- A $39 unlimited plan that offers unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 40GB of data for 30 days.
How to Apply for SafeLink Wireless’s Services?
Applying for SafeLink Wireless services may be quick, but it does come with certain conditions.
You must qualify
First of all, as only Lifeline and ACP-eligible customers can apply, you must make sure that you qualify for the government assistance programs. You must be at least 18 years old (or an emancipated minor), the only applicant in a household, and a resident of one of the states where SafeLink Wireless operates.
Moreover, according to the government rules, you must meet the Lifeline and ACP eligibility criteria.
Your household is Lifeline-eligible if it meets one of the following requirements:
- Its annual income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- A member participates in a Lifeline-qualifying benefit program, such as SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, FPHA, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit, or certain Tribal programs.
Your household is ACP-eligible if it meets one of the following requirements:
- Its annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- A member participates in Lifeline, a Lifeline-qualifying benefit program listed above, WIC, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, or the household has received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
You must be able to prove your eligibility
During the application process, you will be asked to prove your eligibility by providing copies of certain acceptable documents.
- To prove your Lifeline/ACP income eligibility, you must provide a copy of a valid official document that includes your full legal name and your income, such as a current income statement from your employer or paycheck stubs, Current income statement from your employer or paycheck stubs, child support award, divorce decree, etc.
- To prove your Lifeline/ACP program participation-based eligibility, you must provide a copy of a valid official document that includes your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the issuing establishment, and an issue date within the last year or a future expiration date, such as an approval letter, benefit award letter, benefit verification letter, or statement of benefits.
You may also be required to provide copies of documents that verify your identity, age, address, SSN, life, emancipation status, or other personal information.
You must apply
Finally, to apply, visit https://www.safelinkwireless.com. Key in your ZIP code in the provided search box and press ‘Start’. If the company offers its services in your area, you will be redirected to the provider’s online application form. Fill it out by providing the required personal information, address, device information, eligibility, and more. Only the applicants who qualify will be approved and will receive the amazing Lifeline and ACP benefits listed above.
To add any of the upgrade plans listed above, you must be an approved customer. Then, simply visit https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Web/www/default/index.html#!/upgradePlan, choose the plan that fits your needs, and press ‘Add plan’. Follow the on-screen prompts to place the order. The process is the same as placing any other internet order.