SafeLink Wireless is an American wireless provider that offers Lifeline discounts and benefits to eligible low-income customers. It offers free monthly phone and wireless services with free unlimited talk and text, and a certain amount of high-speed data every month. Qualifying customers can also receive a free smartphone.
In addition to the free Lifeline and ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) plans that are funded by the government, SafeLink also offers paid plans, which are refill plans used to add more data to customers’ free Lifeline/ACP monthly plans. In this article, we will take a closer look at SafeLink’s plans, especially the SafeLink Wireless $15 Unlimited Plan.
SafeLink Wireless $15 Unlimited Plan
SafeLink Wireless $15 Unlimited Plan is SafeLink’s second most affordable refill plan. As it offers a decent amount of additional monthly data for a low price, it is also one of the most popular SafeLink refill plans.
The SafeLink Wireless $15 Unlimited Plan is a paid refill plan that offers the following benefits:
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited text
- 3 GB of monthly data
The data is at 4G LTE speed and streams at DVD quality.
This is a 30-day plan, therefore, you should make sure to use the monthly data within 30 days of purchase, as the remaining data will not get transferred to the next monthly cycle. The plan is only available in the U.S. states where SafeLink offers its services.
You can either order a one-time refill or choose the monthly auto-pay option.
Note: The plan’s name can be misleading, as the word ‘Unlimited’ may make you expect to receive unlimited monthly data. However, unfortunately, that is not the case. Instead, you can only receive 3GB of additional monthly data.
In case you also need information How To Get SafeLink Government Free Phone 2022
What Other Plans Does SafeLink Offer?
As mentioned before, SafeLink is a Lifeline and ACP provider that offers numerous Lifeline and ACP benefits to qualifying customers.
The company also offers a variety of different government-funded plans. The plans vary between states (in certain states customers can receive a larger amount of monthly data and minutes than in others). Moreover, the plans depend on whether the customer is eligible to receive just the Lifeline benefits, only the ACP benefits, or do they qualify for both government assistance programs. The Lifeline + ACP plan is the most valuable type of plan in all states and it offers unlimited talk minutes and the largest amount of monthly data. Note: As all Lifeline subscribers automatically also qualify for the ACP program, make sure to apply for the ACP program as well, as this way you will be able to get SafeLink’s most valuable monthly plan.
SafeLink Wireless offers the following free government plans:
- Lifeline Only Plan – it comes with unlimited monthly texts, a certain amount of monthly minutes (depending on the location), and up to 4.5 GB of monthly mobile data
- ACP Only Plan – it comes with unlimited monthly texts, a certain amount of monthly minutes (depending on the location), and up to 10 GB of mobile monthly data
- Lifeline + ACP Combo Plan – it comes with unlimited monthly texts, a certain amount of monthly minutes (depending on the location), up to 25 GB of monthly high-speed data, and up to 5 GB of hotspot data (as well as a free Android smartphone)
SafeLink’s refill plans include:
- An Additional Minute Plan for $10 a month – it comes with 500 minutes, texts, and 500 MB of monthly data
- An Additional Minute Plan for $12 a month – it comes with 1000 minutes, 1000 texts, and 1 GB of monthly data
- A Tribal Lands Only Data Plan for $5 a month that offers 10 GB of high-speed data
- A Tribal Lands Only Data Plan for $15 a month that offers 40 GB of high-speed data at 4G LTE speeds with DVD-quality video streaming
- An Unlimited $15/Month Plan – the plan described in the previous chapter
- An Unlimited $20/Month Plan – it comes with unlimited minutes (and texts) and 4 GB of monthly data
- An Unlimited $30/Month Plan – it comes with unlimited minutes (and texts) and 14 GB of monthly data
- An Unlimited $39/Month Plan – it comes with unlimited minutes (and texts) and 40 GB of monthly high-speed 4G LTE data with DVD video streaming quality
All of the refill plans offer 30 service days. After 30 days the benefits will expire and you will not be able to transfer them to the following month.
All plans include unlimited domestic long-distance calls and nationwide calling. Plans also offer other features, such as caller ID, call waiting, voicemail, etc.
You can read one of our past articles SafeLink Offers Free Tablets- Is It True
How Do I Add More Minutes to My SafeLink Phone?
If you are a SafeLink Wireless customer, it means that you enjoy free monthly services with a certain amount of monthly texts (these tend to be unlimited), minutes, and data.
Lifeline + ACP plans that offer the best benefits include unlimited minutes in all states. However, Lifeline Only and ACP plans often come with a limited amount of monthly talk minutes. If that is the case for you and it turns out that the amount of monthly minutes you get for free is simply not enough to cover your needs, you can simply add more minutes.
You can add more minutes by following these simple steps:
- Go to SafeLink’s official website at safelinkwireless.com.
- Log into your SafeLink account.
- See the main menu on the top of the page and press ‘My Service’.
- Press ‘Paid Plans’. Alternatively, you can go directly to safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Web/www/default/index.html#!/upgradePlan.
- See the selection of refill plans and choose the one that best fits your needs.
- Press ‘Add Plan’.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. You may have to provide your phone number and other details.
- Pay for the added minutes. You can pay with a credit card or choose another online payment option.
Alternatively, you can purchase additional minutes, a SafeLink Wireless $15 Unlimited Plan, or any other plans at recharge.com, Target, Cellular Depot USA, Wireless Refill, USA Prepaid, or PrePaid Phone Zone. All of these resellers follow the same principle. Simply select the plan you need, add it to your cart, and place your online order.
If you need more information How to Add SafeLink Minutes
How Do I Add More Data to My SafeLink Phone?
In case you have insufficient monthly data, you can also add additional data to your account. You can either choose a Tribal Data Only plan (if you are living on Tribal lands) or an Unlimited plan.
To do so, follow the same process described in the previous chapter. Instead of adding minutes, in this case, you will simply focus on adding monthly data. You can do so at safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Web/www/default/index.html#!/upgradePlan or at any of the resellers mentioned above.
Where to Buy SafeLink Wireless Refill
As we have established before, there are several places where you can buy a SafeLink Wireless refill plan, including:
- SafeLink’s official website at safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Web/www/default/index.html#!/upgradePlan.
- Recharge.com at recharge.com/en/us/safelink-wireless.
- Target (online or in-store)
- Cellular Depot USA
- Wireless Refill
- USA Prepaid
- PrePaid Phone Zone
If you are purchasing the plan online, simply review the selection, select the plan that best fits your needs, read the details, add the item to your shopping cart, and then proceed to place the order. While placing the order, you will be required to provide some personal information, including your name, address, and phone number, and you will have several payment options. Once you have placed your order, expect to receive the refill plan shortly.
SafeLink Wireless Related FAQ
How Do I Contact SafeLink Wireless?
In case you have any questions about SafeLink’s refill plans or you experience any issues, make sure to contact the company’s customer support service. You can do so via chat on their official website, by phone at 1-800-SafeLink (723-3546), or via mail at PO Box 160490, Hialeah, FL 33016-9997.
How Much Free Data Do You Get With SafeLink Wireless?
It depends on the state and the plan you qualify for. However, you can get up to 25 GB of high-speed data a month, plus an additional 5 GB of hotspot data.
How to Check SafeLink Wireless Balance?
To check your balance, you can simply text BALANCE to 611611. You can also log into your account.
How Many Days Can SafeLink Wireless Credit Be Used After Recharge?
All SafeLink plans come with 30 days of service.
What Are SafeLink Wireless Unlimited Talk and Text Plans?
SafeLink offers several unlimited refill plans. All of them offer unlimited talk and text and a limited amount of monthly data. See the selection of unlimited plans at safelinkwireless.com/Enrollment/Safelink/en/Web/www/default/index.html#!/upgradePlan.
What Network Tower Does SafeLink Use?
SafeLink is an MVNO that uses Verizon’s towers and offers customers access to Verizon’s nationwide network.
Is SafeLink Unlimited Data Really Unlimited?
Not really. All plans have a limited amount of data. Once you reach that amount, you may still be able to access the internet, but at lower speeds.