Sky Devices is an American Android mobile phone manufacturer. The headquarter is located in Miami, Florida and their goal is to create high-quality mobile devices with great designs, powerful technology, durability, and at affordable prices. The company is committed to value and focusing on quality, therefore they offer a 12-month warranty on all devices.
Several Lifeline providers offer free Sky Devices government phones. However, no Lifeline provider allows you to choose the phone you will receive. A free government phone is usually a mid-range smartphone with decent but not too advanced specifications. Unfortunately, there is no way to know exactly which model and brand you will receive when applying for a free government phone at a Lifeline provider. As such, it may also be a device by Sky Devices. In this article, we will discover all there is to know about Sky Devices government phones, therefore, make sure to keep reading.
What Are the Specifications of Sky Device Government Phone?
If any Lifeline providers offer Sky Device mobile phones for free, they probably offer the Sky Devices Elite A55 smartphone.
The specifications of the Sky Devices Elite A55 smartphone are:
- Processor: 1.25 GHz Quad-Core
- Operating System: Android™ 7.0 Nougat
- Memory: 16GB ROM + 2GB RAM
- Display: 5.5-inch HD 720 x 1280 px
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 77.8 x 8.1 mm (the device is identical in size to an iPhone 11 Pro Max)
- Camera: Rear: 13MP + 2MP. Front: 8MP
- Data: LTE 150 Mbps
- Bands: 2G 850/900/1800/1900 3G 850/1900/2100 LTE B2/B3/B4/B7/B17/B20
- Dual Micro SIM
- Battery: 2800mAh
- Battery Life: Stand by 150 hours, talk time 12 hours
How To Get Sky Devices Government Phone
Lifeline is a federal FCC program designed to help make communication services more affordable and attainable for low-income people. There are many Lifeline providers throughout the country and they provide a discount on monthly telephone service, broadband internet service, and sometimes even on mobile devices. Many Lifeline providers offer free mid-range smartphones to Lifeline-eligible consumers.
As it is usually impossible to know exactly what model and brand you may get from a specific provider, a Sky Devices phone is also an option. Currently, you may get a Sky Devices free phone from Cavery Communications.
To get a Sky Devices or any other free government phone, you must be Lifeline-eligible.
Here are the ways to qualify for Lifeline
- You can qualify based on income. You can get Lifeline if your income is 135% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines. You can check whether you qualify based on income at lifelinesupport.org/do-i-qualify.
- You can qualify based on participation in a Federal or Tribal assistance program. You can get Lifeline if you or any other member of your household participate in a Federal assistance program, such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
If you live on Tribal lands, you can get Lifeline if you or another member of your household participates in any of the Federal assistance programs listed below or in a Tribal assistance program, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
If you are Lifeline eligible, in order to get a free government phone, you must find a Lifeline provider in your state of residence that offers free smartphones to Lifeline-eligible consumers. Once you do so, simply apply for their Lifeline program on their official website and you may receive a free smartphone by Sky Devices or any other Android manufacturer.
How To Apply For A Free Government Phone?
Different Lifeline providers have different application procedures and requirements. Generally speaking, a Lifeline-eligible customer is required to follow the simple steps below:
- Step 1: Make sure you are Lifeline eligible. Most Lifeline providers offer a Lifeline eligibility calculator, which can tell you whether you qualify or not.
- Step 2: Find the official website of a Lifeline provider that offers free smartphones in your state of residence.
- Step 3: When on a provider’s website, apply for the program by filling out an application form.
Cavery Communications & Consulting offer free government Sky Devices phones (Sky Devices Elite A55 smartphones to be precise) and they also offer Lifeline-eligible customers unlimited free calling and texting, and 3 GB of monthly data on AT&T’s nationwide network.
To apply for a free Sky Devices government phone at Cavery Communications, simply follow the simple steps below:
- Step 1: Visit caverycommunications.com/lifeline-program-information/lifeline-phones-required-information/free-sky-devices-elite-a55-smartphones.
- Step 2: Read the requirements (also listed in the next section of this article).
- Step 3: Scroll down and fill out the provided application form. When you are done, press ‘Submit’.
What Is Required When Applying for the Sky Device Government Phone?
While or after filling out the application form, you may also be asked to provide certain documents that prove that you are Lifeline eligible.
- If you qualify based on income, you may be required to show proof of income, such as a tax return or three consecutive pays stubs, when applying for the program.
- If you qualify based on participation in a Federal or Tribal assistance program, you may be required to show proof of participation, such as a benefit letter or official document, when you apply for Lifeline.
You may also be required to provide documents that confirm your identity, address, etc.
- You may be asked to provide an official document including your date of birth.
- You may be asked to provide an official document including your social security number or Tribal ID number.
- You may be asked to provide an official document including your physical address or your duplicate address.
- You may be asked to provide an official document that proves both your identity and that you are alive.
- Only people 18 or more years old or emancipated minors can qualify for Lifeline. If you are an emancipated minor, you may need to provide an official document that confirms your emancipated minor status.
To submit the required documents, make copies or take pictures of them using a scanner, copy machine, camera, or smartphone. Make sure not to send dark or blurry copies, and most importantly, never submit original copies of your documents.
Depending on your Lifeline provider, you may be asked to submit the documentation online or by mail.
To receive a free California Lifeline program phone at Cavery Communications, the following is required:
- Your street address must be proved. You can do so with a California Driver’s License (make sure it is not expired and that it features a street address, instead of a PO Box or General Delivery) or with a recent (less than 60 days old) mail from the State or County or a bank that features a street address, instead of just a PO Box or General Delivery. You can also prove your street address by providing a recent utility bill, a current income statement from your employer, tax returns, mortgage or lease statement, government assistance program, statement of benefits, social security awards letter, and an unemployment/worker’s compensation statement. All of these official documents will only work if they have your name and street address on it.
- You must prove your Lifeline eligibility. You can prove your eligibility with one of the following cards: Golden State Advantage Card, or State of California Benefits Identification Card. You can also prove your Lifeline-eligibility by providing a document that proves your low income or participation in a qualifying program, such as SSI, TANF, HEAP, etc.
- Do not provide Partnership cards as a partnership card does not work.
Where to Apply For Sky Devices Government Phone
The best place to apply for a Sky Devices or any other government phone is on the official website of a Lifeline provider.
If you really want a Sky Devices government phone, your best bet would be to follow the following steps:
- Find a list of all Lifeline providers in your state of residence.
- Call or contact in any other way (via email, mail, chat, etc.) each Lifeline provider in your state and ask them if Lifeline-eligible customers can receive a Sky Devices free government phone from them.
- If any provider in your state offers Sky Devices government phones and if you are Lifeline-eligible, simply apply for their program on their official website.
If you wish to apply for a Sky Devices government phone in California, you can do so by filling out the application form at caverycommunications.com/lifeline-program-information/lifeline-phones-required-information/free-sky-devices-elite-a55-smartphones.
What Other Benefits Do I Get if I Qualify for Sky Devices Government Phone?
Different Lifeline providers offer different benefits. Generally, Lifeline providers offer:
- Free monthly call minutes.
- Free monthly text messages.
- A certain amount of free monthly data.
- Perhaps a hotspot option.
- A government phone or even a government free tablet (Q Link Wireless).
Cavery Communications, the company that offers Sky Devices government phones, offers:
- Unlimited free calling.
- Unlimited free texting.
- 3 GB of free data each month.
- Access to AT&T’s nationwide network.
Can I Get a Sky Devices Free Tablet if I Qualify for the Sky Devices Government Phone?
It is not possible to get a Sky Devices free tablet if you qualify for the Sky Devices government phone, simply because no Lifeline provider offers consumers both a free phone and a free tablet.
For example, at Cavery Communications you may receive a free Sky Devices government phone. At Q Link Wireless, on the other hand, you may be able to receive a free government tablet by paying a co-pay of $10.01. There is no way to know which tablet model and brand you may be able to receive, as it depends on the state, date, and availability.
In case you also need information Emergency Broadband Benefit Free Tablet
Sky Devices Government Phone Others Thing You Should Know
How Can I Find Out Which Android OS Version Is on My Device?
The exact steps to find out which Android OS version is currently on your device depend on the device itself. For detailed instructions for your exact phone, check your phone’s user guide. Generally, the steps that work for most Android devices are:
- Step 1: Open your device’s Settings.
- Step 2: Press the ‘About Phone’ or ‘About Device’ option.
- Step 3: Press the ‘Android Version’ button to view your version information.
How Do I Update My Sky Devices Phone to the Latest Version of the Android OS?
Mobile phones receive software updates at different times. Generally, you’ll receive a notification on your device, which will inform you that there’s an update available. When an update is available, simply press the ‘Update’ button and allow your phone to process the request and update the OS.
Is It Possible to Bring My Phone to a Lifeline Provider?
Yes, many Lifeline providers offer the possibility to bring your own phone. If a Lifeline provider in your state allows Lifeline-eligible customers to bring their own Android GSM phones, you may be able to bring your Sky Devices phone and use the provider’s free monthly services on your phone.