StandUp Wireless is a wireless company that offers both prepaid services and Lifeline and ACP discounts. StandUp Prepaid provides affordable prepaid plans, phones, and a convenient ‘bring your own phone’ program. StandUp’s Lifeline and ACP program, on the other hand, offers eligible low-income households a free assistance plan with unlimited monthly talk and text, 10GB of high-speed data, unlimited additional data, nationwide coverage, and a free phone.
Even though the company offers both prepaid and free, government-funded services and devices, the StandUp Wireless activation process is more or less the same either way.
Confirm Before Starting StandUp Wireless Activation Process
Before you can begin your StandUp Wireless activation process, you must have:
- An active StandUp Wireless account.
- A StandUp Wireless phone (it can be a device provided directly from StandUp or a carrier-unlocked compatible phone that you brought to StandUp’s services yourself).
- And a StandUp Wireless SIM card kit with a SIM card that fits your phone.
To receive all of the above, you must become a StandUp Wireless customer.
9 Steps For StandUp Wireless Activation
The StandUp Wireless activation process is quite simple, regardless of whether you have Lifeline/ACP services or a prepaid account. All you have to do is to follow the process below:
- Prepare your StandUp Wireless phone (original or compatible) and your StandUp SIM card.
- Turn the phone off and charge it fully.
- Find the phone’s SIM card slot and open it.
- Pop out the SIM card in the right size and carefully insert it into the slot.
- Close the slot.
- Power the phone back on.
- Call 611 to activate your service.
- In case this fails, call StandUp’s customer support service from another phone and ask the representative to activate your phone. They will be able to do so remotely.
- Once your StandUp account gets activated, you can start enjoying your services.
Follow The Steps To Become A StandUp Wireless Lifeline/ACP Subscriber
- Make sure that you qualify for the company’s Lifeline and/or ACP benefits. You can qualify based on your low income (your household income must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline for Lifeline and at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline for ACP) or based on your participation in another government assistance program (such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, FPHA, WIC, Tribal assistance programs, etc.).
- Make sure that you are at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor, that you are the only applicant in your household, and that you are a resident of one of the states where the company operates.
- Collect the documents that can prove your eligibility (low income or program participation). Make clear copies of official valid documents that contain all the required information.
- Apply by visiting “standupwireless.com”, entering your ZIP code and email address in the provided boxes above, and pressing ‘Begin Application.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to provide all the personal and eligibility information and to submit your proof documentation. Submit the application.
- If your application gets approved, you will be notified and you will receive your SIM card (and phone).
If you are a StandUp Prepaid customer, you can subscribe by visiting “standupprepaid.com”. Choose a plan and a phone or BYOP SIM card, and place the order. You will receive the activation kit via mail.
Make Sure Your StandUp Service Stays Active
If you are a StandUp Prepaid customer, you must just make sure that you pay all of your bills and expenses and that your account remains in good standing.
If you are a StandUp Lifeline and/or ACP subscriber, you must do the following:
- Use your Lifeline/ACP benefits at least once every 30 days. You can make a phone call, send a text message, use data, or purchase a top-up plan. If you don’t use your benefits for 30 days and then for additional 15 days, your service will be deactivated.
- Re-apply for Lifeline/ACP benefits once a year. Every time you are approved for Lifeline/ACP benefits, you can only receive the free services for 1 year. After a year, you need to reapply. Doing so enables the government to make sure that you still qualify for the benefits.
Obviously, you must also follow the company’s terms and conditions. Violating them may also result in your account being deactivated.
How Long Does the StandUp Wireless Activation Process Take?
The StandUp Wireless activation process usually only takes a few minutes. After you have followed the activation steps described above, your service should be activated more or less momentarily.
If your service is still not activated after an hour or more, make sure to contact the provider’s customer support service. See the contact details in the last section.
How Can I Know If My StandUp Wireless Activation Process Was Successful?
When your StandUp Wireless activation process is successfully completed, you will receive a text message welcoming you into the network and service.
Moreover, you can check whether or not your account has been successfully activated by trying to make a phone call or use your monthly data. If you are able to do so, your service is surely active and you can enjoy your benefits.
What to Do If I Have Any Other Questions About the StandUp Wireless Activation Process?
In case you have any other questions about your StandUp Wireless activation or service in general, make sure to contact the company’s customer support service.
- StandUp Wireless Lifeline/ACP support is available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at 1-800-544-4441. The support team is available from Monday to Saturday from 8 AM to 10 PM ET and from 5 AM to 7 PM PT.
- StandUp Wireless prepaid customers support is available via email at email@example.com and via online chat at standupprepaid.com. The support team is available from Monday to Saturday from 8 AM to 9:30 PM ET and from 5 AM to 6:30 PM PT.