Standup Wireless is one of the popular wireless providers that offer free Lifeline plans and even free devices in certain states. Herein we will focus on a Standup Wireless replacement phone. We will cover all the details concerning phone replacement.
We will have a look at the Standup Wireless policy, explain what to do if your phone is lost or stolen, and have a look at their upgrade options.
After finishing this article, you will know exactly what your Standup Wireless replacement phone options are and how to proceed in a specific given situation.
Standup Wireless Replacement Phone Policy
As a Lifeline eligible individual or household, you are entitled to a free monthly plan and in certain areas even government free phone. Those FREE phones are, of course, your responsibility. Standup Wireless cannot be responsible for the phone is it is lost, stolen, or damaged. Check out standup wireless free phone and plans
They do, of course, take the responsibility for new phones and any existing errors that a new device may come with. This gives you an initial 90 days to report the existing error and get a FREE replacement phone. See the Warranty Exchange Policy below.
StandUp Wireless Warranty Exchange Policy:
StandUp Wireless customers have up to ninety (90) days from the activation date of their phone to return any defective phone to StandUp Wireless. StandUp Wireless will exchange a defective phone for a new or refurbished phone, at the company’s discretion, during this period-of-time only. For a defective phone replacement, call Customer Care at 1-800-544-4441 or 611 from your StandUp Wireless phone.
If you notice any error or fault on your phone after the initial 90 days, you will have to replace your phone yourself. However, it is always advisable to call Standup Wireless support and explain your situation. Their consultants will provide you with the best advice.
Lost, Stolen or Broken StandUp Wireless Phone
In this section we will cover what exactly should you do is your Standup Wireless phone is lost stolen or broken.
LOST OR STOLEN:
If you lose your phone or if it got stolen, contact StandUp Wireless immediately so that they can suspend your account to prevent any unauthorized usage.
Please go to www.standupwireless.com to chat with Customer Care or call 1-800-544-4441. StandUp Wireless will work with you to review your device replacement options.
If your phone is not working properly, go to www.standupwireless.com to chat with Customer Care or call 1-800-544-4441. StandUp Wireless will work with you to resolve the problem. If this happened within the initial 90 days and it is not your fault (not water damage, drop, …) you will get a FREE replacement as per the policy presented in the previous section.
Standup Wireless Upgrade Policy
Additional phones are available for purchase on the website. For a complete list of available handsets visit https://shop.standupwireless.com/phones, then call 611 from your StandUp Wireless handset to make a purchase.
Standup Wireless currently has only one mobile phone model available – Vortex Sync, which can be yours in the Black or White version. The Vortex Sync is currently discounted from $69.99 to $49.99.
Moreover, Standup Wireless offers a Bring Your Own Phone option for all clients. Those eligible for free Lifeline plans can also bring their existing phone. More details regarding the BYOP option are provided in the following section.
Standup Wireless BYOP
Here are the following steps to follow if you want to use the BYOP option at Standup Wireless:
- Make sure your phone is compatible with our network. See below for more information.
- Add your desired plan to the cart.
- Add a SIM Kit to your Cart.
- Once you’ve checked out, we’ll send you an Active SIM Card.
- Insert the SIM Card into your phone.
- Enjoy your new service provided by StandUp Wireless.
Standup Wireless currently charges $10 for their SIM card, however, it can be free for the Lifeline Assistance eligible households.
The following section will provide you with all the details regarding compatible phones.
Standup Wireless Compatible Phone List
Given the above Standup Wireless BYOP option, they have a rather extensive list of phones that are compatible with their network.
These are the three cases that generally cover basically all various possibilities:
- StandUp Wireless is a GSM Carrier so you need a GSM phone. Phones that come from AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM phones.
- 2G: 1900 MHz
- 3G: 1700 MHz, 1900MHz, 2100 MHz
- 4G (LTE): 700 MHz, (bands 12 and 66), 1700 MHz (band 4), 1900 MHz (band 2), 2100 MHz (band 4), 600 MHz (band 71)
- Some LTE/Global Phones from Sprint and Verizon will work.
- You must have an Unlocked phone. If your phone was advertised as unlocked when you bought it, then it should be fine. However, if you aren’t sure if your phone is locked, here is how you can check:
- Make a phone call using the current SIM card if possible. This is to check that the phone is working properly.
- Shut off the phone and remove the SIM card. Look in the manual or online if you’re not sure how to do this, and if you need a SIM card removal tool, a paperclip works fine.
- Put the new/different SIM card in the phone and power it back on.
- If you’re greeted with a dialog box telling you to enter an unlock code, your phone is SIM locked to the carrier it was originally purchased from.
- If you don’t see this, check that it says you have service if you used a valid SIM card. If you do, your phone is probably unlocked. Try making another phone call.
- If your phone is locked, you will need to call the carrier or manufacturer where your phone came from to unlock the device. Once unlocked, it should be good to use on Standup Wireless.