Standup Wireless is a wireless provider devoted to offering affordable prepaid plans and their Lifeline Assistance plan. It is one of the smallest wireless companies providing Lifeline assistance plans. Their services are available in 22 states and Puerto Rico.
Standup Wireless promises a simple and seamless shopping experience, high-value plans, and terrific customer service. Depending on the area and state, they offer free and highly discounted plans, and in some states, those eligible can even get a free phone. Moreover, they provide you with the option of bringing your own phone, which can be highly convenient.
Herein we will provide you with all the details that will help you make an informed decision about whether Standup Wireless is a good choice for you or not.
What is the Process of Getting a Standup Wireless Free Government Phone in 2023
As mentioned before, Standup Wireless is a nationwide Lifeline provider. The Lifeline Assistance program is a government-supported program offering households with low income and those who have a family member participating in a government-supported program a $9.25 monthly discount on telecommunication services.
As of 2021, the company also participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program – a new government assistance program that offers discounts (o up to $30) on monthly broadband services.
While all Lifeline and ACP participating companies offer discounts on phone, wireless, and internet services, Standup is particularly generous with its government assistance program benefits, offering free wireless services, free phones, and even tablets with a huge ACP discount.
The process of getting a Standup Wireless free phone and plans is rather simple but vital.
- First, you have to know that according to the government rules only eligible low-income households can enroll in the program and receive the benefits. To make sure your household qualifies as well, check out the Lifeline/ACP eligibility requirements in the next section.
- Obviously, you will also have to prove your eligibility criteria. To do so, you will be required to provide copies of certain official documents that prove your eligibility and verify your personal information during the application process.
- Then, you can apply for the Lifeline/ACP benefits at Standup Wireless or through the National Verifier. If accepted, enjoy the Standup Wireless free phone and plans.
How to Qualify for Lifeline and ACP to Get a Standup Wireless Free Phone in 2023
The number one requirement for all potential applicants is that in order to enroll in any government assistance program, they must be at least 18 years old. Emancipated minors can also apply.
In addition, the applicant must be a resident of one of the states where the company offers its services.
NOTE: Standup Wireless is only available in the following states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Residents of Puerto Rico may also use Standup Wireless’s services.
Standup Wireless Lifeline Eligibility Criteria
To apply, you must also meet the universal FCC-determined Lifeline and/or ACP eligibility criteria. A household is Lifeline-eligible and can receive a free government phone from Standup Wireless if it meets one of the following requirements:
- Household income is 135% or lowerthan the federal poverty guidelines (https://www.lifelinesupport.org/do-i-qualify/federal-poverty-guidelines/).
- A household member participates in one of the followinggovernment assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs
- Tribal assistance programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Standup Wireless ACP Eligibility Criteria
A household is ACP-eligible if it meets one of the following requirements:
- Household income is 200% or lowerthan the federal poverty guidelines (https://www.lifelinesupport.org/do-i-qualify/federal-poverty-guidelines/).
- A household member participates in one of the followinggovernment assistance programs:
- Any of the government assistance programs that make you Lifeline-eligible (listed above)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
Document Requirements for Standup Wireless Lifeline Program
Standup Wireless Lifeline Program follows standard Lifeline Assistance and ACP requirements. To apply you will need to provide the information and documents listed below.
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (or Tribal identification number)
- Identity proof(ID card, driver’s license, or similar; here is a full list of ID documents that may work: https://standupwireless.com/lifeline/eligibility/)
- A card or award letter to prove participation(if applying based on participation in a government assistance program)
- Income proof: a pay stub or tax return to prove your income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines (if applying based on a low income)
NOTE: For more details regarding the documents needed to prove participation or low level of income, visit https://standupwireless.com/lifeline/eligibility/, scroll down to the “PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY” section, and click on a specific program (more information will be displayed below).
How to Apply for a Standup Wireless Free Phone
There are several options on how to apply; by far the easiest and fastest one is to do so online.
To apply online, visit https://lifeline.standupwireless.com/?referralId=10000, enter your email and your ZIP code, and click the “CHECK AVAILABILITY” button. If you are in an area that is covered, you will get to continue the process. Simply follow the instructions and enter all the necessary information.
For those who need help, they offer support to guide you through the entire process via phone call. Call Standup Wireless support at 1-800-544-4441 if you need help.
Another option is to apply via mail service. In this case, you can send your filled-in application along with all the documentation either to the Standup Wireless headquarters (preferably).
NOTE: We weren’t able to find any information regarding Standup Wireless’s local representative. If you are interested in learning if you can apply locally or even in person, call 1-800-544-4441 or send an email at [email protected].
If you will be applying via mail, you will need to print out and fill in the Lifeline Assistance application. You can find it here: https://www.usac.org/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/documents/forms/LI_Application_UniversalForm.pdf.
- Standup Wireless headquarters address: Box 13006, Oklahoma City, OK 73113-1006
NOTE: Standup Wireless offers free phones only in certain states.
Standup Wireless Customer Service
If you have any questions or if you are stuck in the middle of the application process, use one of the below methods to get in touch with Standup Wireless support. One of their professional assistants will take care of you and help you out.
- Call: 1-800-544-4441 (Monday – Saturday 8am – 10pm EST, Sunday 9am – 6pm EST)
- Email: [email protected]
- Sales Inquiry: [email protected]
- HQ Address: StandUp Wireless, PO Box 2148 Norcross, GA 30091
What are the Standup Wireless Lifeline and ACP Benefits That You Can Get With a Free Phone in 2023
As mentioned before, StandUp Wireless is a particularly generous Lifeline and ACP provider. Instead of only providing discounts on phone, wireless, or internet services, the company provides qualifying households with many other perks as well, including:
- Unlimited monthly talk
- Unlimited monthly text
- 10GB of high-speed data (4G/5G)
- Unlimited additional data at lower speeds
- Nationwide coverage
- A Standup Wireless free phone
- A discounted ACP tablet for only $10.01 (this is a limited-time offer for ACP subscribers only)
- Additional features, such as voicemail, call waiting, international calls, etc.
Standup Wireless Plans and Paid Plans
All plans offered by Standup Wireless:
- Lifeline-Only plan ($0): 1000 min, unlimited texts, 4.5GB of data
- Lifeline & ACP plan ($0): unlimited min, unlimited text, 10GB of high-speed data, additional data
ACP plans at retail prices are listed below. Note that ACP subscribers will receive a $30 discount off the retail price of the rate plan of their choice.
- $30: unlimited min, unlimited texts, unlimited data with 5GB of high-speed data
- $40: unlimited min, unlimited texts, unlimited data with 10GB of high-speed data
- $50: unlimited min, unlimited texts, unlimited data with 12GB of high-speed data
- $60: unlimited min, unlimited texts, unlimited data with 16GB of high-speed data
- $75: unlimited min, unlimited texts, unlimited data with 25GB of high-speed data
- $110: unlimited min, unlimited texts, unlimited data with 60GB of high-speed data
NOTE: All plans offered by Standup Wireless come with a special ‘First Month FREE’ offer. Moreover, there is no activation fee. All of the above plans can be purchased online: https://shop.standupwireless.com/plans.
Check here to see all the company offers Free Government Cell Phone Companies With Plans
How Do I Receive a New Tablet From Standup Wireless
Certain ACP providers offer eligible customers a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase internet-connected devices if the customer pays a mandatory co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50. Luckily, Standup Wireless is one of those providers.
Currently, Standup Wireless offers discounted tablets for only $10.01. The provided tablets work on Wi-Fi and Standup’s mobile network. However, this is a limited-time offer and it is only available to ACP-eligible customers.
To receive a Standup Wireless free tablet, you must first be approved for the ACP government assistance program. Once accepted, Standup will send you a separate email to order your tablet.
If you are already a Standup customer, you can start by signing into your account at https://myaccount.standupwireless.com/login. If not, you can start by applying at https://standupwireless.com/apply-now/.
Best Free Phones at Standup Wireless
As mentioned above, Standup Wireless offers free phones in only certain states. Moreover, they provide very limited information regarding which types of devices are available for free. If you are located in areas where you are entitled to a free phone, it will be chosen by Standup Wireless and delivered to you.
Moreover, Standup Wireless does offer one smartphone model to all of its customers in its online store. To help you decide if this might be the right device for you, we decided to provide you with a detailed description of that phone.
Vortex Sync is the newest phone from the Vortex lineup. It is equipped with better hardware at an affordable price. Designed with a sleek form factor for ease of use. Running Android 8.1 Oreo GO Edition, the first generation in the Sync lineup utilizes a Quad-Core 1.25Ghz CPU. This model comes with a white case.
At Standup Wireless you can choose between BLACK or WHITE model. They are both currently discounted by $20.
- Screen size: 5″ FWVGA (480 x 960)
- Frequency band: 2G: GSM 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz 3G: WCDMA 850/ 1700/ 1900 MHz 4G: FDD/LTE B2/B4/B12
- CPU: MT6739V/WA Quad-Core 1.25Ghz
- SIM: Dual
- Operating system: Android OS 8.1 Oreo GO Edition
- Memory capacity: 8 GB + 32 GB expandable memory
- RAM: 1GB
- Camera: back 2 MP, front .3MP
- Battery: Lithium-ion battery (2,000mAh)
- Wi-Fi (B, G, N)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPRS, WAP, MMS
- Audio/ video player (MP3, MP4 & 3GP)
- FM radio
- 5 mm audio jack
- Multi task feature
- Screen lock
- Photos and videos
- Call time reminder
- World clock
- File manager
- Color: black or white
- Accessories: User manual, battery, back cover & micro USB charger
- FCC Certified + HAC + GMS Google Certification
- Highly affordable
- All features that top-end smartphones have to offer
- Dual SIM
- Headphones jack
- Only 1GB RAM, which is not enough for more advanced task end multitasking
- Camera can’t compare with high-end smartphones
- Battery could be better
What Phones are Compatible with Standup Wireless
Standup Wireless does offer FREE government phones in certain states. To check if your state falls into that category call their support at 1-800-544-4441. They also offer customers to bring their own phones or to purchase highly affordable smartphones from them.
Some of the Standup Wireless compatible phone models include:
- Alcatel GO FLIP
- Apple iPhone SE
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 13
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3a
- Google Pixel 3a XL
- LG Stylo 6
- LG K51
- LG Aristo 4+
- LG G8 ThinQ
- LG Q7+
- LG V30
- LG V40 ThinQ
- Motorola moto e5 plus
- Motorola moto e5 play
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note8
- Samsung Galaxy Note9
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime
- Samsung Galaxy J3 Star
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Star
Read more about standup wireless compatible phone
What to Do If Standup Wireless Phone Gets Damaged, Stolen, Broken, or Lost
Stolen or Lost Device:
If you lose your phone, contact Standup Wireless immediately so they can suspend your account to prevent any unauthorized usage. Please go to www.standupwireless.com to chat with Customer Care or call 1-800-544-4441. Standup Wireless will work with you to review your device replacement options.
Damaged or Broken Phone:
If your phone is not working properly, go to www.standupwireless.com to chat with Customer Care or call 1-800-544-4441. Standup Wireless will work with you to resolve the problem.
Standup Exchange Policy (Early or Existing Defects):
Standup Wireless customers have up to ninety (90) days from the activation date of their phone to return any defective phone to Standup Wireless. Standup Wireless will exchange a defective phone for a new or refurbished phone, at the company’s discretion, during this period-of-time only. For a defective phone replacement, call Customer Care at 1-800-544-4441 or 611 from your Standup Wireless phone.
Standup Wireless Phone Upgrade Policy
Additional phones are available for purchase on the website (more on that in the section 5.4). Any existing or new customer can purchase a device at any time.
Standup Wireless BYOP – Bring Your Own Phone
Standup Wireless also offers you the ‘Bring Your Own Phone’ (BYOP) option, if your current phone supports their network. For this option, you will have to pay $10 if you are a regular customer or $0 if you are an eligible Lifeline client.
They accept all unlocked GSM phones, meaning all phones from T-Mobile and AT&T should be compatible.
For more details about BYOP option, visit https://shop.standupwireless.com/byo-phone
Why Choose Standup Wireless
One of the reasons why you might want to choose Standup Wireless is definitely their size – being a rather small company enables them to attend to their customers and clients with extra care and devotion.
They offer highly affordable solid smartphones for those looking for a new phone. Moreover, their BYOD (bring your own device) program is also very flexible and compatible with a wide range of devices. Aside from a generous FREE Lifeline plan, they offer highly affordable plans for those, who need more minutes, texts, or data.
They are very flexible when it comes to paying the bill. They don’t just shut off your accounts if you can’t pay on time. Instead, they float you and let you pay in the upcoming days.
How Do I Activate a Standup Wireless Free Phone?
Standup’s phone activation process is as simple as possible. Simply call 1-800-544-4441 or 611 from your phone.
Can I Buy a Phone From Standup Wireless?
If you are unable to receive a Standup Wireless free phone or if you wish to upgrade your free device, you can also buy a handset from the company. All you have to do is to get approved by Lifeline, sign up for My Account, and then you can purchase top-up plans and a phone.
How to Re-certify Standup Cell Phones?
Once a year, government assistance receivers must recertify and prove that they still qualify for Lifeline/ACP. When the time comes for you to recertify your service, the company will notify you via a text message. The notification includes the exact instructions on how to recertify.
What is Standup Wireless Prepaid Service?
Standup Wireless prepaid service is a wireless service that offers prepaid plans, which provide an allotment of minutes, texts, and data in exchange for a monthly fee, which is paid in advance.
Does Standup Wireless Offer Referral Program?
Yes. If you bring a friend to Standup Wireless, you receive 100 free bonus minutes to your monthly balance. There is no limit to the number of referrals.
What Carrier Does Standup Wireless Use?
Standup Wireless is a provider that runs on GSM network technology and uses T-Mobile’s nationwide network.