Which Discount Service Does Straight Talk Offer Now?
Straight Talk Wireless is a wireless cell phone and no-contract phone plan provider that is owned by TracFone. The brand is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that doesn’t own its own network towers but instead purchases the right to use towers from other nationwide carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
In addition to providing customers with high-quality mobile devices from reputable brands and monthly wireless plans without any contracts, Straight Talk also participates in a government assistance program that enables it to offer discount services to eligible low-income clients. Straight Talk currently offers ACP mobile internet services.
Does Straight Talk Offer Lifeline Program Discount Services?
The government offers two government assistance programs that offer discounts on wireless services. The first is Lifeline, which offers discounts on monthly phone and broadband services and cell phones, and the other one is the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) which offers discounts on monthly internet services and connected devices.
Unfortunately, currently, Straight Talk does not participate in the Lifeline assistance program nor does it offer Straight Talk Lifeline service or product discounts.
How to Get Discounts From Straight Talk if the Straight Talk Lifeline Discount Service is Not Available?
Even though the Straight Talk Lifeline service is currently not available, low-income people can still get discounts at Straight Talk. The company namely participates in the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and offers ACP discounts on mobile internet services.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a brand new government assistance program that has recently replaced the now-expired Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), which offered discounts on monthly internet services and devices during the Covid-19 pandemic.
What is Straight Talk ACP?
Straight Talk’s Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP is an assistance program that is financed by the government and provides discounts on monthly internet services. The program offers a discount of up to $30 on monthly wireless service plans. ACP-eligible Straight Talk customers can receive a wireless service plan with unlimited talk and text completely free of charge. The amount of included monthly data depends on the customer’s state of residence, which also determines whether or not the customer can receive any additional benefits.
What is the Process to Get Straight Talk ACP Discount Service
As Straight Talk Lifeline service is currently not available, you may wish to receive Straight Talk’s ACP service and benefits. In order to do so, you must go through a simple yet important process that will determine if you are really unable to pay for monthly internet services yourself. Without this process and the included eligibility criteria, everyone would want to enroll and there simply wouldn’t be enough funds to help people in need.
- First, you have to make sure that you qualify for Straight Talk’s ACP government assistance program. You can see the eligibility requirements in the following section.
- Once you are certain that you qualify, you have to prove it to the provider as well. To do so, you may have to provide certain official unexpired documents that prove your eligibility.
- Apply for the Straight Talk ACP program. Read more about how to do so in the section ‘How to Apply’.
- If your application gets accepted, you will be notified via email. Soon afterward, you will be able to start enjoying the program’s benefits listed below.
How to Qualify for Straight Talk ACP Discount Service
Applying for the Straight Talk Lifeline service may currently not be possible, however, you can apply for the company’s ACP program instead. In order to do so, you must meet certain requirements.
- To qualify for the ACP program, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- To qualify, you must be a resident of one of the states where Straight Talk offers its services. You can check out whether or not the company’s ACP services are available in your area by visiting data.usac.org/publicreports/CompaniesNearMe/Download/Report, entering your ZIP code or city and state, and pressing ‘Search’.
- To qualify, you must meet at least one of the following ACP eligibility criteria that are determined by the government:
- Your annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You or any other member of your household participates in Lifeline.
- You or any other member of your household participates in any other of the following Lifeline-qualifying federal or Tribal assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Tribally administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- You or any other member of your household participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- You or any other member of your household received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
What are the Important Documents Required While Applying for Straight Talk ACP?
All applicants must prove their eligibility to receive the service discount. They must provide proof that they participate in one of the qualifying assistance programs, meet the income requirements, or meet any other ACP eligibility criteria above. Depending on your eligibility criteria and which other personal information the company is unable to verify, you may be asked to show:
- Proof of income. The copy of the official document must include your full legal name and annual income. Document examples are:
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree
- Child support award
- Proof of qualifying assistance program participation. The copy of the official document must include your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last year or a future date. Document examples are:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
- Proof of identity. The copy of the official document must include your full legal name and date of birth. Document examples are:
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Government assistance program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document (does not need to include the date of birth)
- Proof of address. The copy of the official document must include your full legal name and your physical address. Document examples are:
- A valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Proof of emancipation (for emancipated minors only). The copy of the official document must include your full legal name and confirmation of emancipated minor status. Document examples are:
- A court document
- A certificate of emancipation
Make copies with a scanner, copy machine, camera, or smartphone. The copies must not be dark or blurry. Above all, make sure to never submit original documents.
How to Apply for Getting Straight Talk Discount Service
You can apply for the government assistance program through the government or directly through Straight Talk.
If you decide to apply through the government, you can do so online by visiting checklifeline.org/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true or at acpbenefit.org. When redirected to your state’s application form, make sure to fill it out by providing all the required information and documentation. If approved, contact Straight Talk, select a plan, and have the ACP discount applied to your bill. Alternatively, you can also print out an application and send it via mail.
You can also apply by visiting myacpbenefit.com/en/#!/acp/marketplace/landing. Enter your legal first name, last name, ZIP code, and email address. Select whether or not you need a new phone number and if not, enter your existing number. Start the application process by pressing ‘Continue’.
Find out more about the provider’s ACP program and application process at straighttalk.com/acp.
What are the Straight Talk ACP Free and Discount Service
Straight Talk ACP-eligible customers can receive a free wireless service plan that includes:
- Unlimited free talk
- Unlimited free text
- A certain amount of free monthly data (the exact amount depends on where you live, however, several state plans offer unlimited monthly data as well)
Depending on where you live, you may qualify for additional benefits as well. You can read more about the company’s ACP program at straighttalk.com/acp.
In addition, by applying for the company’s ACP service, you will also have the opportunity to enjoy Straight Talk’s other quality services, including:
- Access to a nationwide network (which one depends on which one has the best coverage in your area)
- High-speed data
- Streaming quality
- Reliable network services
- No contracts and no hidden fees
- Regular special offers on plans and mobile devices
- Auto-refill discounts.
What if I Am Having Issues With the Straight Talk ACP Enrollment Form? How Do I Get Help?
In the unlikely event that you are experiencing any issues with the Straight Talk ACP enrollment form or if you have any questions at all, you can simply contact the company’s reliable and responsive customer support service.
If you are already a Straight Talk customer, you can contact the company’s text helpline at 611611. Just text your question about the phone or service to this number.
If you are not a Straight Talk customer yet, you have several other options. First, you can visit the company’s official website and chat with a representative. Secondly, you can send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lastly, you can contact the company’s support service by phone. Keep in mind that there are several different phone numbers depending on what you wish to ask.
Find more contact options at straighttalk.com/support/contact.
You can read one of our past articles Is My Phone Compatible with Straight Talk?
Is There Any Other Way to Get Straight Talk Discount Service
In addition to the Straight Talk ACP discounts, which are only offered to eligible low-income customers, the company also offers frequent promotional deals.
The company’s special offers change on a regular basis, depending on availability. Check out the provider’s current deals at straighttalk.com/deals/all-deals.
Keep in mind that these deals come with certain conditions. To receive a discount, you may be required to switch to Straight Talk’s services, add a new line, get a select unlimited plan, trade in an old device in good working condition, or buy another device at full price.
The company also provides several monthly payment options, which can bring you additional discounts.
Moreover, Straight Talk enables customers to bring their own devices to their services, which saves the clients additional costs. In order to do so, the device one is planning to bring must be carrier unlocked and compatible with the company’s services. You can check your phone’s compatibility by texting ‘BYOP’ to 611611.
In case you also need information How To Switch Phones On Straight Talk