Does Tag Mobile Still Provide Free Government Phones?
Tag Mobile is one of the leading Lifeline providers in the U.S. The wireless telecommunications company offers free government phones, free monthly minutes, text messages, data, nationwide coverage, and other discounted cell phone services to eligible low-income individuals and families.
If you are interested in becoming a Tag Mobile customer, you have come to the right place, as in this article you will find out everything there is to know about how to get a Tag Mobile Lifeline free phone, what kind of phones do they offer, how to activate the device, how to upgrade it, and much more.
In case you also need more information about free phone visit Government Free Phone
Where Does Tag Mobile Provide Free Phone?
Tag Mobile is based in Dallas, Texas, however, they provide free phones in other areas as well. The company provides free phones and services in the following states:
While only residents of the states listed above can become Tag Mobile members, their network and services are available throughout the entire country.
How To Get Tag Mobile Lifeline Free Government phone?
Discounted or free Lifeline services and smartphones are offered to eligible customers who meet Tag Mobile’s eligibility requirements. The customer must be either:
- A government assistance member,
- Or his or her household income must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty level.
The exact eligibility requirements for Lifeline service may vary by state. However, in most cases, you may be eligible if you participate in one or more of the following government aid programs:
State-specific eligibility programs for Lifeline service
To see how the eligibility requirements differ by state, you can either visit Tag Mobile’s website at tagmobile.com/LifeLine/state-eligible-government-program and select your state at the red eligibility box or you can check the requirements by state below.
- Arizona: Eligible customers come from households that meet the income qualifying standard and participate in one (or more) of the following programs: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Veterans Pension and Survivors Pension Benefit Program, Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or Tribal Head Start.
- Arkansas: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- California: Eligible customers participate in one (or more) of the following programs: CalFresh-Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid “Medi-Cal” (not Medicare), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Women-Infants and Children Program (WIC), National School Lunch Program (NSL), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs), Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs), Welfare-to-Work (WTW), Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN), Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Tribal TANF, Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Federal Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefit.
- Colorado: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Iowa: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Kentucky: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Louisiana: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Maine: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Maryland: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Michigan: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Minnesota: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Missouri: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Nevada: Eligible customers must meet the income qualifying standard and participate in one (or more) of the following programs: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing or Section 8, State Program, Veterans Pension and Survivors Pension Benefit Program, Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance, or Head Start.
- Oklahoma: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Pennsylvania: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- South Carolina: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Texas: Eligible customers must participate in one (or more) of the following programs: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid (includes CHIP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), Veterans Pension or Survivors Benefit Programs.
- West Virginia: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
- Wisconsin: The same eligibility requirements as Arizona.
If you live in any of the qualifying states listed above and you believe that you meet your state’s eligibility requirements, you can enroll for Tag Mobile’s Lifeline program and sign up for a free government phone by visiting Tag Mobile’s official website and choose the ‘Lifeline’ option on the menu above and press the ‘Enroll’ button in the drop-down menu or at tagmobile.com/Lifeline/Enrolment. To apply for the program, you must complete a Lifeline application online or in-person with an authorized Tag Mobile agent or dealer.
Among other things, the Lifeline application process will also verify that your household is not currently receiving Lifeline service from another provider and that you qualify to receive the program’s benefits through participation in at least one of the government programs listed above or through the minimum income requirement.
What Are The Benefits Of Tag Mobile Free Government Phone?
Becoming a Tag Mobile Lifeline member and customer comes with a long list of benefits. Eligible low-income consumers qualify for and may get:
- Free phone service
- Free voicemail
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- Easy switching
- Additional minutes and prepaid plans
- Free voice minutes
- Unlimited global texts
- A free basic cell phone (note: smartphones are only available in California)
The exact benefits that you get if you qualify for Lifeline service depend on the state.
Eligible Tag customers in California will receive:
- A free smartphone
- Unlimited monthly talk
- Unlimited monthly global messages
- 500 MB LTE for the first 3 months and from the 4th month onwards, 1 GB of monthly data (after reaching the monthly data limit, the data speed will drop to 2G or 3G)
Eligible Tag customers in other states will receive:
- A free basic phone
- 3 GB of LTE data
- 1000 free monthly voice minutes
- Unlimited free monthly text messages
How Do I Activate Tag Mobile Free Government Phone?
Once you apply for Tag Mobile’s Lifeline program and in case you qualify, you will receive both a free phone and a free SIM card.
To activate your free Tag Mobile phone, simply follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: Receive your free phone and SIM card and unpack the received packages.
- Step 2: Locate the phone’s SIM card slot and determine which SIM card size will fit into the slot. Before you open the slot, make sure the device is turned off.
- Step 3: Choose the SIM card size that will fit into the phone’s slot and insert the SIM card into your free phone.
- Step 4: Turn on your mobile device. The device should automatically be activated.
- Step 5: Make a test call to see if everything works properly.
- Step 6: In case you experience any issues or if the phone needs additional activation, call Tag Mobile customer service at 1-866-959-4918. Tell them about the issue and follow the provided prompts to get your device fully activated.
Tag Mobile also allows customers to bring their own devices. In case you decide to do so, make sure to bring an unlocked phone and to follow the instructions provided at tagmobile.com/blog/steps-to-bring-your-own-device-to-tag-mobile.
If you need to activate your phone due to non-usage, keep in mind that Tag Mobile can reopen your closed account within 30 days from the date your account was closed. To reopen your account, contact Tag Mobile’s customer service at 1-866-959-4918 or at chat support at tagmobile.com. If it has been more than 30 days since your account was closed, you will need to reapply for the service.
What To Do If Tag Mobile Phone Gets Damaged, Stolen, Broken, Or Lost?
The first thing, you should do if your phone gets lost or stolen is to protect your personal information. To minimize the potential damage, make sure to act as soon as you realize that your mobile device is missing. In this case, do the following:
- Deactivate your mobile device through remote access
Most smartphones have an in-built feature called the Kill switch, which enables users to remotely deactivate their phones. You can do so with the help of some popular web portals, depending on the phone you have.
- Consider changing your credentials and getting a SIM change notification
What To Do If Your Tag Mobile Phone Is Malfunctioning
In case of an out-of-box device malfunction, Tag Mobile will replace your device free of charge if you contact their customer service within 15 days of receipt of the device.
What To Do If Your Tag Mobile Phone Gets Lost, Stolen, Damaged, Or Broken
In case your phone gets lost, stolen, damaged, or broken, make sure to contact Tag Mobile customer service at 1 (866) 959-4918 or Tag chat support at tagmobile.com and speak to a representative who will help you with available options and may even block your phone. This is by far the most important thing to do and make sure to do it as soon as possible, as Tag Mobile will hold you responsible for any usage occurring before you notify them of the alleged loss or theft.
How To Upgrade A Tag Mobile Phone?
Tag Mobile’s Lifeline plan includes a predetermined amount of talk minutes (depending on the state), text messages, in some cases data, and a 911/E99 compliant mobile device. The model of the free mobile device is determined by the company and cannot be chosen by the customer. However, the customer has the right to waive his or her free cell phone in order to upgrade to a better or more advanced device for an additional cost. The additional cost will depend on the device the customer chooses to upgrade to.
To upgrade your phone, simply contact Tag Mobile’s customer service by phone at 1-866-959-4918 or online at tagmobile.com. Tell them that you wish to upgrade your free phone and they will explain your options.
What Free And Compatible Phones Does Tag Mobile Provide?
The free mobile phone Tag Mobile provides its Lifeline-eligible customers depends on the state (in California you may receive a smartphone, in other states you can only receive a basic phone), the date (offers change), and availability. There is no way to know which mobile device you could receive free of charge. However, you could contact Tag Mobile’s customer service and ask them in advance. If the free phone you could receive doesn’t meet your expectations or needs, you can always upgrade it for a better model.
In addition to a basic cell phone or mid-range smartphone you could receive for free, Tag Mobile also offers some other cell phones, which are all compatible with their services, including:
- CellAllure CoolDuo Black
- CellAllure FashionC
- CellAllure Miracle-S
- CellAllure Fashion2Plus Black/Gold
Tag Mobile also has a Bring your own phone program, which allows their customers to bring their own mobile devices to Tag Mobile. Not all mobile devices are compatible with Tag Mobile’s services. The general compatibility rule is that the device is unlocked. California residents can check their phone’s compatibility at tagmobile.com/StatePages/California-Lifeline-BYOP, while residents of other U.S. states can call Tag Mobile’s customer service and a representative will check your phone’s compatibility and guide you through the process.
Read one of our past articles How To Get A Free iPhone
Which Is TAG Mobile Customer Service Support?
Tag Mobile customer service support is a team of professionals available every day to any costumers that may have any service, device, or billing issues or inquiries. The company’s customer service is available toll-free at (866) 959-4918, by chat at tagmobile.com, and by email at tagmobile.com/Support/ContactUs. The chat is available from 9 am to 2 am CST from Monday to Friday. Their customer care phone number is also available from 9 am to 2 am CST from Monday to Friday, as is their recertification support number (1-866-302-5348) and agent relations number (972-337-2330). Tag Mobile’s customer service support is responsive and reliable and they will be able to help you, regardless of the question or problem you may have.
TAG Mobile Others Thing You Should Know
Can I get Tag Mobile free phone if I don’t qualify for government Lifeline assistance?
No, the only way you can get a Tag Mobile free phone is to qualify for government Lifeline assistance. Their other phone prices range from $70 to $90.
How good is Tag Mobile Government free phone?
The government-provided Lifeline free phones are never the latest and most advanced smartphones, regardless of the Lifeline provider you choose. At Tag Mobile, most customers may hope to get a free basic phone and California residents can expect to receive a mid-range smartphone. Nonetheless, the provided free phone is durable, reliable, and it comes with all the basic features.
How long does Tag Mobile take for a free phone?
Once Tag Mobile approves your completed Lifeline application, you can expect to receive your free phone within 7 to 10 business days.
How good is the Tag Mobile coverage area?
Tag Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), which means it doesn’t have its own cellular towers. Instead, the company uses Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile’s networks. Each customer only gets access to one of these networks, however, all of these carriers have excellent coverage and as Tag Mobile will make sure you get access to the network that has the best coverage in your area, there is really nothing to worry about. You can check out the coverage in your area at tagmobile.com/Support/Coverage by entering your ZIP code.
How good is the Tag Mobile network?
Tag Mobile runs on Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile’s network. These are three of the four largest and most reliable networks in the U.S. They offer the best signals, coverage area, and reception. As such, Tag Mobile’s network is pretty amazing.
Is Tag Mobile GSM or CDMA?
As we have mentioned before, Tag Mobile uses Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile wireless networks. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA technology, while T-Mobile uses GSM phones. As such, Tag Mobile uses both GSM and CDMA phones.
Is there any BYOP option in Tag Mobile?
Yes, Tag Mobile offers customers to bring their own phone (Bring Your Own Phone program), however, the phone they decide to bring must be compatible with Tag Mobile services and SIM cards. You can check the compatibility and find out how to bring your own device to Tag Mobile at tagmobile.com/BringYourPhone/Bring-your-phone.