Terracom Wireless was founded to help people with low-income get connected. They believe that everyone deserves a chance of having a cell phone and the ability to stay connected in this modern age, where being connected gives one a great number of opportunities. Not to mention the fact that it helps people stay in touch with friends and family, and also make an enormous difference in case of emergencies.
Terracom Wireless offers its own Lifeline program, which includes free plans and free phones for those who qualify. Herein we will cover all the detail you might need to decide if Terracom Wireless is the right wireless provider for you.
Government Lifeline Program Terracom Wireless
The Lifeline Assistance program is a government-supported program offering households with low income and those who have a family member participating in a government-supported program a $9.25 monthly discount on telecommunication services. Terracom Wireless offers an even more generous version of the Lifeline program.
Qualify Requirements for Terracom Wireless Government Phone (Lifeline Program)
In order to have a chance of getting a free government phone from Terracom Wireless, you must standard quality requirements for the Lifeline program:
- Household’s income is 135% or lower than the federal poverty guidelines (https://www.lifelinesupport.org/do-i-qualify/federal-poverty-guidelines/).
A household member participates in one of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs
- Tribal-specific programs (Tribal Lifeline (additional benefits)): Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Head Start
Document Requirements for Terracom Wireless Lifeline Program
Terracom Wireless Lifeline Program follows standard Lifeline Assistance requirements. To apply you will need to provide the information and documents listed below.
- Full legal name
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security number (or Tribal identification number)
- Identity proof (ID card, driver’s license, or similar; here is a full list of ID document that may work: https://www.lifelinesupport.org/how-to-get-lifeline/prove-my-identity/)
- A card or award letter to prove participation (if applying based on participation in government assistance program)
- Income proof: a pay stub or tax return to prove your income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines (if applying based on a low income)
How to Apply for a Terracom Wireless Free Phone
There are several options on how to apply; by far the easiest and fastest one is to do so online.
To apply online, visit https://www.terracomwireless.com/ and click the “START APPLICATION” button at the top-right side of the homepage. On the next page enter your zip code and click ‘GO’. Then follow the instruction and fill in the form.
Another option is to apply via mail service. It this case, you can send your filled-in application along with all the documentation either to the Terracom Wireless headquarters (preferably) or to one of their local dealers.
If you prefer to apply in person, you can visit one of Terracom Wireless’s local dealers/representatives with all the necessary documentation.
Unless you apply online, you will need to print out and fill in the Lifeline Assistance application. You can find it here: https://www.usac.org/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/documents/forms/LI_Application_UniversalForm.pdf.
Since Terracom Wireless operates nationwide, it makes no sense for us to list specific local dealers’ addresses. Use Terracom Wireless’s store locator to find the most convenient location for you: https://www.terracomwireless.com/payment_locator.php.
Terracom Wireless headquarters address: P.O. Box 13006, Oklahoma City, OK 73113-1006
NOTE: If you have additional questions regarding the Terracom Wireless Lifeline program, visit https://www.terracomwireless.com/terms.php or contact their customer car using the information below.
Terracom Wireless Plans
Terracom Wireless offers specific variations of the Lifeline programs in certain states. In most of the states, in which Terracom Wireless operates, qualified customers can choose between a voice base plan or broadband base plan. They also offer a single non-Lifeline plan. All details are provided below.
Terracon Wireless is available in 21 states (Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin).
Terracom Wireless Lifeline Plans
NOTE: All plans listed below have no monthly fee – FREE PLANS
Oklahoma & Washington Terracom Wireless Lifeline plan:
- Tribal Voice Base Plan 2000 MOU: This plan includes 2000 voice minutes, and unlimited texts for free each month. Unused minutes do not roll over.
- Tribal Broadband Base Plan 2000 MOU and 3GB: This plan includes 2000 voice minutes of local calling and unlimited texts plus 3GB of Data at no charge each month.
- Voice Base Plan 1000 MOU: This plan includes 1000 minutes and unlimited texts.
- Broadband Base Plan 500 MOU and 3GB: This plan includes 500 voice minutes, unlimited number of texts, and 3GB of data
know about more free phones in Oklahoma, please visit Oklahoma free phones and plans
Kansas Terracom Wireless Lifeline plan:
- KS Voice Base Plan 1840 MOU: This plan includes 1840 voice minutes, and unlimited text for free each month. Unused minutes do not roll over.
- KS Broadband Base Plan 920 MOU and 3GB: This plan includes 920 voice minutes, unlimited text, and 3GB of data for free each month. Unused minutes and data do not roll over. This plan is only available to subscribers with data capable handsets.
NEBRASKA Terracom Wireless Lifeline plan:
- NE Voice Base Plan 1350 MOU: This plan includes 1350 voice minutes, and unlimited text for free each month. Unused minutes do not roll over.
- NE Broadband Base Plan 690 MOU and 3GB: This plan includes 690 voice minutes, unlimited text, and 3GB of data for free each month. Unused minutes and data do not roll over. This plan is only available to subscribers with data-capable handsets.
All Other States (from the list above):
- Voice Base Plan 1000 MOU: This plan includes 1000 minutes and unlimited texts. Unused minutes do not roll over.
- Broadband Base Plan 500 MOU and 3GB: This plan includes 500 voice minutes, unlimited number of texts, and 3GB of data. Unused minutes and data do not roll over. This plan is only available to subscribers with data-capable handsets.
Terracom Wireless’s ‘My Unlimited Talk and Text Non-Lifeline Plan’ offers unlimited monthly voice minutes for $39.99 per month plus fees and taxes. Text messaging will not be available with an unlimited talk plan. There are no rollover minutes with this plan. Unused minutes will expire each month on the service expiration date.
NOTE: If you have any information regarding Terracom Wireless plans, get in touch with their customer care. Use the information below.
- Online contact form: https://www.terracomwireless.com/contact.php
- Customer Support Hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm, CST. Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Federal Holidays.
- Phone support: 1-888-716-8880
- Address: P.O. Box 13006, Oklahoma City, OK 73113-1006
- Local dealer locator: https://www.terracomwireless.com/payment_locator.php
Terracom Wireless Phones
Terracom Wireless is one of rare Lifeline wireless providers that specifically states that it offers FREE SMARTPHONE. We did our very best to determine what kind of phone should you expect to get, but Terracom Wireless does not determine that part.
Like all other wireless providers, which offer Lifeline plans, Terracom doesn’t let you choose a device. The phone will be selected by the Terracom according to their current availability.
You should expect an entry-level smartphone.
You can call them at 1-888-716-8880 to check which phone are you most likely to get.
What to Do If Terracom Wireless Phone Gets Damaged, Stolen, Broken, or Lost
Stolen from your Mailbox
Terracom Wireless state that they are not responsible for wireless phones that are undelivered, lost, or stolen after the unit has been delivered to your mailbox. You must be prepared to receive the package containing your handset 5 days after enrolling for service.
Damaged, Stolen, or Lost Phone
Mom of the above is Terracom Wireless’s responsibility. They do provide you with an option to purchase a refurbished replacement device for $20 or choose from any of our upgraded devices at their current retail price.
If you participate in certain special partnership programs you may receive a free refurbished replacement device or choose from any of our upgraded devices at their current retail price. You may also purchase a special new replacement device for $20 that comes with a 1-year warranty.
NOTE: Devices purchased at retail come with the warranty specified at the time of purchase.
Defects within the 1st Year – Terracom Warranty
TerraCom and its vendors warrant the devices against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with our published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by or distributed to the end-user.
NOTE: If defects or malfunction occurs after the first year, rules from the previous section apply.
Terracom Wireless Phone Upgrade Policy
Terracom doesn’t have any specific phone upgrade policy set in place. However, as their existing client, you may be eligible for certain discounts (this varies from state to state and even from vendor to vendor).
As an existing customer, you can visit https://www.terracomwireless.com/login.php, where you will be able to see your upgrade or replace phone options after you login.
BYOP – Bring Your Own Phone
Terracom Wireless gives the Lifeline program users a chance of using their own phones. In order to be able to take advantage of that option, your phone must be compatible with their services. To check if your phone is compatible, visit https://www.terracomwireless.com/compatibility.php, where you enter your phone’s ESN.
The Best Free Phones at Terracom Wireless
As mentioned above, we weren’t able to obtain the information on which specific cellphone models are available at Terracom Wireless. As a customer, they do invite you to call them at 1-888-716-8880 to get more details.
If you want to know about more unique companies you can visit Easy Wireless Free Phone, Qlink Free Phones And Service, Verizon Wireless Free Phone, SafeLink Free Phone, Assurance Wireless Free Phone, Free Touch Screen Government Phones