Reasons for Becoming a Total Wireless Customer and Activating Your SIM Card
Total Wireless, which has recently been purchased by Verizon and renamed to Total by Verizon, is a wireless company that offers affordable plans, prepaid phones, the best wireless deals, and a huge 4G and 5G network.
There can be several reasons why you may want to become a Total Wireless customer and activate a Total Wireless SIM card:
- Cost-effective plans: Total Wireless offers cost-effective mobile phone plans that can save you money compared to plans offered by other carriers. Total Wireless also offers shared family plans that allow you to share data, text, and talk time with multiple lines, saving you money on each line.
- No contract: Total Wireless plans don’t require you to sign a contract, so you have the flexibility to switch to a different carrier or plan at any time.
- Nationwide coverage: Total Wireless operates on the Verizon network, which has a wide coverage area across the United States.
- International calling: Total Wireless offers international calling and texting to over 100 destinations, making it a good option if you need to keep in touch with friends and family abroad.
- High-quality phones and a BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program.
Things You Need Before Beginning the Total Wireless SIM Card Activation
Completing the Total Wireless SIM card activation is necessary in order to enjoy the company’s services, the plan you have chosen, and the nationwide coverage. However, before you begin the activation, make sure to review what you will need during the process.
Things You Should Consider
Before becoming a Total Wireless customer and activating your SIM card, make sure that the company is the right choice for you. Consider the company’s:
- Plans. Review the plans and see if you can find one that perfectly fits your needs.
- Phones. See your Total Wireless phone options to make sure you will be able to get a device that is suitable for you.
- Network. Check if the company offers good network coverage in your area.
- Terms and conditions. See if you can follow Total’s terms and conditions.
Things You Should Do
- Choose a Total Wireless phone at totalbyverizon.com/all-phones or consider the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program.
- Choose a Total Wireless plan at totalbyverizon.com/plans.
- Become a Total Wireless customer.
Things You Should Have
- A Total Wireless plan and service.
- A Total Wireless SIM card.
- A Total Wireless phone (original or BYOP-compatible).
How Can You Receive a Total Wireless SIM Card and Phone?
If you order both a Total Wireless plan and phone (online or in person), you will receive a Total Wireless SIM card and device via mail or a salesperson will give them to you in the store. As soon as you place your Total Wireless phone and plan order, the company will process it, open your account, and send you the SIM card and phone as soon as possible.
On the other hand, if you apply for the company’s BYOP program, which allows you to bring your own phone, so you don’t have to purchase a new one if you already have a compatible device, you will only need a SIM card. First, make sure that your device is compatible with Total’s services. Do so at totalbyverizon.com/kyop. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to order a BYOP SIM card.
What is the Total Wireless SIM Card Activation?
Once you receive your Total Wireless SIM card kit (via mail or in the store), you will also receive instructions about the Total Wireless SIM card activation process. As phones differ slightly, it may be best to follow those instructions, as they will fit your exact device. Alternatively, you can follow the activation instructions listed below:
- Prepare and charge your Total Wireless (original or compatible) phone. Make sure it is turned off.
- Locate your phone’s SIM card slot or tray. Open it. If it’s an old phone and it already has a SIM card in it, gently remove it.
- Pop out the SIM card in the right size that will fit your phone’s SIM slot or tray.
- Carefully insert your SIM card into the phone’s slot or tray. Make sure that the metal contact chip is facing the right side.
- Close the SIM slot or tray.
- Power the device on.
- Text the word ACTIVATE to 611611 or visit totalbyverizon.com/activation and follow the on-screen instructions to activate your service.
- When your service gets activated, you will receive a text message confirming the activation and welcoming you to Total Wireless’s network.
How Long Does the Total Wireless SIM Card Activation Take?
The Total Wireless SIM card activation process doesn’t take a lot of time. You will be able to complete all of the steps described in the previous section within a few minutes.
After you complete your part, it may take a few minutes for the phone and service to connect. However, you should expect to receive a welcoming message within a few minutes.
How to Know if Your Total Wireless SIM Card Activation Process is Completed?
As mentioned before, you will know if your Total Wireless SIM card activation process is completed when you receive a text message welcoming you to the company’s network and services.
However, there is another way to check in case you don’t receive a welcoming message. Simply try to place a phone call, send a text message, or use data. If you are able to do so, it means that your service has been successfully activated.
What to Do if Your Total Wireless SIM Card Activation Process is Unsuccessful?
In case you have followed the Total Wireless SIM card activation process exactly as it is described above or even better, in your activation instructions in the SIM card kit and you are unable to use your services, you should do the following:
- Restart your phone. Sometimes it may help the phone activate the new settings.
- Make sure that your Total Wireless SIM card is inserted correctly and that the chip is facing the right way.
- Make sure that your Total Wireless SIM card is not dirty or damaged. If it’s dirty, wipe it gently with a soft cloth. If damaged, you will be required to order a new one.
- Make sure your phone is not in airplane mode. If it is, turn it off.
- Make sure your phone’s network is selected correctly and that it’s on. You can reset your network or change your phone’s APN settings.
- Make sure that your mobile data option is turned on.
- If nothing else helps, make sure to contact Total Wireless’s customer support service. You can call the support team at 1-866-663-3633. The service operates from 8 AM to 11:45 PM EST 7 days a week. See more contact options and details at totalbyverizon.com/support/contact-us. The agent will help you out with the activation process or any other issues that you may have.
What Are the Benefits of Total Wireless SIM Card Activation?
Activating your Total Wireless SIM card offers one main and very important benefit – it enables you to use your Total Wireless services. The SIM card must be activated in order for your phone to access your service details, which are stored on the card. Once your SIM card has been successfully activated, you will be able to:
- Use your Total Wireless plan.
- Access Total’s nationwide Verizon network coverage.
- Make phone calls, send text messages, and use mobile data.
- Make international calls.
- Receive other prepaid perks of your Total Wireless service plan.