Have you ever lost or misplaced your Cricket Wireless phone in the past? This is the last thing that you would wish to happen to anyone. From not be able to keep in touch with your loved ones to losing some of the most important documents saved on your phone, there is a lot of inconvenience that you are likely to experience once you lose your Cricket phone. However, you should not panic as you can now track its location free of charge.
Although you can get more information about the devices using your service via My Cricket Account, be certain that you will not be able to track your lost device using it. Instead, you will have to rely on other techniques in order to track the GPS location of your lost or misplaced Cricket Wireless device. To learn more about how you can track a Cricket cell phone location for free, read this article and you will be all set!
Track A Cricket Phone Location For Free: Step by Step Guideline
Track A Cricket Cell Phone Location For Free (Android)
If you have lost or misplaced your Android and iPhone Cricket phone, here are the methods that can help you to track its location seamlessly. Some of these methods include:
1. Use ‘Find My Device’
One of the easiest ways to track your Android phone’s location is to utilize the ‘Find My Device’ service app. However, to enjoy the benefits of this service, you need to ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- Have an active account on Google Play
- Ensure that you have switched on the Location feature on your phone
- Ensure that you have turned on the ‘Find My Device’ feature
- Make sure that your device is connected to the internet either via mobile data or Wi-Fi network.
- Your device has to be switched on.
To utilize the ‘Find My Device’ service app, here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Go to the Google Play Store and then look out for the ‘Find My Device’ app. Remember that you are doing this on the target phone.
- Download and install that app on the target device.
- Launch the ‘Find My Device’ app on your phone and then switch on the location tracking service.
- Thereafter, go to your phone’s browser and then visit the FindMyDevice website.
- Key in your Gmail address and the start tracking your phone.
As long as your target device is connected to the internet, you will know its actual location within a few seconds or minutes.
2. Create ‘Location Sharing’ on Google Maps
Besides using the ‘Find My Device’ service app, you can also create a ‘Location sharing’ feature on Google Maps and get started. Thankfully, Google Maps now allows you to track your lost Cricket phone using the ‘Location sharing’ feature.
To be able to track your phone using the ‘Location sharing’ feature, you will need to install Google Maps on both the target device and your own phone. Here are the steps that can help you track your misplaced or lost Cricket phone using this method:
- Obtain the target phone and then key in your Gmail account in the contact section.
- Thereafter, open Google Maps on the same device and then sign in with your Gmail account.
- Once you are logged in, tap on the ‘Profile’ icon located at the top of your screen.
- Click on the ‘Location sharing> New Share’ feature.
- Tap ‘Until you turn this off’ option.
- Key in your Gmail account on the target device’s Google Maps.
- Tap on the ‘Share’ button.
- Launch the Google Maps app on your phone and then kickstart the tracking process.
For this method to work, the target phone’s GPS feature has to be switched on all the time. This way, you will be able to track its location with ease.
3. Utilize ‘Mobile Number Tracker’
Apart from the methods that we have discussed above, you can now use the ‘Mobile Number Tracker’ service. Here, you will be relying on the phone number being used on the target device in order to track its exact location. To get started, follow these steps:
- Go to mobilenumbertracker.com on your phone and then choose the country that your target phone is located in.
- Key in the phone number of the recipient
- Tap on the ‘Locate’ option
- Once you do so, you will be able to get details about the location of your target device.
4. Use ‘Where’s my Droid’
You can also track the location of a lost or misplaced Cricket Android phone by using the ‘Where’s My Droid’ service. Since you will not be charged a dime to use this service, be certain that you will enjoy a lot of convenience. To use this service, consider following these steps:
- Visit Google Play Store and then search for the ‘Where’s My Droid’ app.
- Download and install this app on your device.
- Launch this app on your phone.
- Log in using your email and then create a unique password.
- The app will provide you with a number of activation prompts. Follow them to the letter.
- Switch on the ‘location services’ on your phone.
- Adhere to the on-screen instructions so as to connect this app with a Cricket recipient.
- Once you connect this app with the Cricket recipient, be certain that you will see a number of location-engaging features on your screen such as; SIM Monitor, GPS Setup, Ring Setup and so forth. These features can greatly help you locate your lost Cricket Android phone.
Track A Cricket Cell Phone Location For Free (iPhone)
1. Use the ‘Find My iPhone’ Apple service
In case you have lost or misplaced your iPhone, consider using the ‘Find My iPhone’ service and you will be able to track its live location. The good news is that this method is free to use. To use this service to track your device’s location, consider doing the following:
- Log in to the iCloud account using the details that you used on the Cricket phone
- Once you sign in, go to the iCloud settings
- Tap on the ‘Find My iPhone’
- Click on the ‘All Device’ option
- Choose the iPhone that you want to track
- Once you make your selection, the device’s location will pop up on your screen.
2. Use the ‘iCloud Location Tracking’ service
Besides the method that we have discussed above, you are also at liberty to use the ‘iCloud location tracking’ service to track your lost Cricket iPhone model. To utilize this service, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Get the target phone ready
- Go to the Settings section and tap on the iCloud option.
- Tap on the ‘Share my location’ option.
- Select who you want to share the location with
- Sign in to the iCloud account using the Apple ID of your target device.
- Once you are logged in, select the ‘All Device’ option.
- Choose the unit you want to track
- After choosing the model that you want to track, its location will pop up on the map.
However, one needs to ensure that the target phone’s location feature is switched on so that you can track its live location.
3. Use the ‘Find My Friends’ iOS Service
This app can help you track your lost Cricket iPhone model by creating groups. Here, you can share your location for go so that all the participant of the group can be able to establish where you are and so forth. If you want to set up this service on your iPhone model, consider following these steps:
- Go to the iOS App Store and then download the ‘Find My Friends’ mobile app on both your own phone and the target device.
- Let the apps to be installed on both devices.
- Launch the ‘Find My Friends’ app on the target device
- Tap on the ‘Start Sharing Location’ option located at the bottom of your phone’s screen.
- Click on ‘+’ icon so that you can add participants to your location sharing.
- Go to your device and then accept the request that will be sent by this service
- Once you accept the request from the ‘Find My Friends’ app, you will be able to view the location of your target device.
4. Use the ‘Gylmpse Free phone location tracker’
You can also use the Gylmpse Free phone location tracker in order to determine the location of your lost Cricket iPhone device. To utilize this feature, follow these steps:
- Download this app on your target iPhone device
- Once you download the app, install it and then launch it on your device.
- After opening the Gylmpse app on your device.
- Tap on the ‘Share Location’ option located on the top section of your phone’s screen.
- Choose the time you want the phone’s location to be shared.
- Go to your own device and then look out for the Gylmpse app.
- Download that app and then install it.
- Tap on the ‘Request location’ option
- Ensure that you follow the on-screen instructions in order to establish the location of your lost Cricket iPhone device.
Other Tricks On How To Locate Your Cricket Cell Phone Location For Free
Call your number using another phone
Besides the methods that we have discussed above, you can call your number using another phone and be able to track its location. As long as the model is on and someone answers your call, you will be able to establish its location. However, you must ask the other person to tell you his or her location. If he or she is genuine, the recipient will let you know his or her location.
With these details at hand, you can know your phone’s exact location at that moment. Thereafter, you can tell the recipient to keep your phone until you come and pick it. However, if the distance is far, you can instruct the recipient to send the phone to you.
Contact your service provider
If all the methods fails to bear fruits, consider contacting Cricket’s service provider. Here, you can let them know that you lost your Cricket phone and would like to track its location. To help determine your device’s location, the agent on the other end will ask you to submit vital details such as:
- Your phone’s manufacturer and its model
- A detailed description of your Cricket phone. For instance, you can share its recognizable features, among other finer details.
- The particular time and date that you lost your Cricket phone.
With these details at hand, the agent on the other end will help you track your device’s location.
Is It Advisable To Suspend My Service Once My Cricket Cell Phone Is Stolen?
Yes. Once you lose or misplace your Cricket phone, there is a need for you to suspend your service until you get your model back or replace it. To suspend your service, consider contacting this carrier’s customer service on 1-855-309-8343 and let them know that you have lost your Cricket phone and would like to suspend your service.
By suspending your Cricket service, you can be sure that no one will be able to utilize your service before you get your model back or obtain a replacement model. This in turn helps you to avoid excessive charges that you might incur once you misplace or lose your Cricket phone. Once you find your phone or get a replacement, you can now restore your service and continue enjoying Cricket Wireless services.
Way To File A Phone Insurance Claim With Cricket Wireless
Yes. In case you have Cricket Protect, it will be very easy for you to file a claim and get a replacement model. However, your claim has to be approved by 7 PM ET. This way, you can be sure that your replacement model will be shipped on the following business day, thereby allowing you to get connected almost one day after your claim gets approved. However, you need to activate the new model as per the activation instructions that will come with your replacement model.
More importantly, ensure that you file your claim within a period of 60 days from the date that you misplaced or lost your device. To get more details about Cricket Protect, visit “cricketwireless.com/support/protect-my-phone/cricket-protect.html”.
However, if you want to file a Cricket phone insurance claim, ensure that you have the following details at hand:
- Your phone number
- Your billing address
- The name of your phone and its model number
- The time, date, location and other details of the incident
- Your debit card or credit card details so as to cater for any deductibles. (In most cases, you have to pay between $10 and $250 depending on your device. To learn more about the amount that one can pay as a deductible, visit “phoneclaim.com/cricket” )
Once you have these details, contact Cricket Wireless customer support team at 1-855-309-8342 and then file your claim. Better still, visit “phoneclaim.com/cricket” and then choose the ‘Start a claim’ option.
Tips That Can Help You Prevent Losing Your Cricket Cell Phone In The Future
Losing your Cricket cell phone can inconvenience you a great deal. However, you can always avoid such scenarios by considering the following ideas:
- Ensure that you have enabled the ‘Find My Phone’ app on your phone
- Always ensure that you have switched on your phone’s location features. Additionally, your phone should be connected to the internet via mobile data or Wi-Fi network.
- Invest in a docking stand where you can always keep your phone whenever you are not using it. Such is ideal if you normally work from home or from the office.
- If you have to attend a party, ensure that you handover your device to a friend who will be sober throughout the party session.
- Ensure that you invest in a phone insurance solution so that your precious device such as Cricket phone can be protected from loss or theft. Thankfully, Cricket allows you to insure your phone against such perils.
- Ensure that you key in an emergency number and your name on your device’s lock screen. This way, anyone who comes across your phone will be able to dial that number and let you know your device’s location at that moment.
- Get a reliable power bank so that you can always have your phone on your hands even when it is charging. This way, you will not have to leave your device somewhere to charge as you undertake other activities.
- If you have to put your phone on silent mode, let it remain in that mode for some time. The good news is that the silent mode can be timed so that after sometime your phone can start ringing the normal way. As a result, you are likely to hear your phone once you call your phone number using another phone.
- Note down your phone’s IMEI number so that you can provide it upon request by tour carrier or the authorities that operate within your locality.
- Avoid keeping your phone in your back pocket. Instead, keep it in your front pocket or in your purse.