Q Link is an American telecommunications company that provides wireless service to Lifeline-eligible citizens. If you are a Q Link Wireless customer who is planning to buy a new phone and transfer your SIM card to the new device, or if you wish to subscribe for Q Link services and transfer your phone to their network, or if you simply wish to transfer a Q Link SIM card to a new phone, then you have come to the right place. In the following chapters, you will find out exactly how to transfer a Q Link SIM card to a new phone.
How to Transfer a Q Link SIM Card to a New Phone?
Here you will everything you need to know about transferring a Q Link SIM card to a new phone. We will break it down into three stages – what to do before the transfer, the transfer process, and what to do after the transfer is complete to ensure your Q Link SIM card will work properly with your new phone.
What do you need to do before transferring a Q Link SIM card to another phone?
There are several steps you need to take before starting the transfer process to ensure that the transfer will even be possible and that it will work as it is supposed to.
Check Q Link SIM compatibility
If you have a Q Link SIM card and if you are planning to buy the new device at Q Link, you won’t have a problem, as all the devices that are sold at Q Link are compatible with their SIM cards. However, if you are planning to bring your own phone, which you have purchased somewhere else, you will first need to check Q Link SIM compatibility. Luckily, Q Link offers a simple online eligibility test. To check your new phone’s compatibility, go to qlinkwireless.com. Enter your device ID (ESN, IMEI, or MEID) and press ‘Continue’. This will tell you whether you can use your phone with a Q Link SIM card. If you are having trouble finding your device’s ID, you can find the instructions on how to find it on the same website. They provide detailed steps for both iPhones, Android phones, Windows devices, and others.
Follow the Q Link’s BYOP eligibility rules
Q Link has a set of BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) eligibility rules, you must follow if you wish to proceed with the transfer. They state that all contractual and financial obligations must be met with your current provider for a phone to become eligible, your phone must not be flagged as lost or stolen by your current provider (if it is, ask them to unflag it), and the phone must not be leased.
You can read one of our past articles How To Replace Qlink Wireless Phone
Check That Your Phone Is Unlocked
When it comes to transferring a SIM card to a phone that has been using another network, it is of utmost importance to make sure that the phone is unlocked. Most phones are encrypted to only work with a certain network and not to work with others. As such, only the devices locked to the Q Link network and unlocked devices will work with Q Link. There are three ways to determine if your phone is unlocked.
- You can check your settings. Note that this method is not 100% accurate. If you have an iPhone, go to ‘Settings’, ‘Cellular’, and ‘Cellular Data’. If you see ‘Cellular Data Network’, it means your device is likely unlocked. If you have an Android phone, you can go to ‘Settings’, ‘Connections’, ‘Mobile Networks’, ‘Network Operators’, and press ‘Search Now’. If various carrier names show up, your device is probably unlocked.
- You can contact your carrier and ask if your phone is unlocked.
- You can simply try switching the SIM card. If your SIM card will work with your new device, it means it is unlocked.
If your phone turns out to be locked, you can always unlock it. Simply contact your previous carrier and ask them to unlock your phone. Keep in mind that your phone must be effectively paid off before they unlock it for you.
Back up Your Contacts
Transferring a SIM card from one phone to another may mess up your contacts and other data. As such, it’s best to back up your contacts and the remaining data before you do the transfer.
Prepare to transfer
Prepare to make the transfer by making sure that the size of the SIM card fits the phone. SIM cards come in three different sizes. If your SIM card doesn’t match your phone, you may get the right SIM card size for free from your carrier.
When it comes to transferring a Q Link SIM card to a new phone, there are two options – to simply move the SIM from one device to another or to get and activate a new SIM. The second option is considered the most reliable one for long-term transfers. So, regardless of whether or not your SIM card is compatible with your phone, you should consider activating a new SIM card and simply transferring the number.
Transfer Q Link SIM card to new phone process
To successfully transfer the Q Link SIM card to your new phone, follow the process described below, regardless of whether you decide to use an old SIM card or to activate a new SIM card.
- Step 1: After checking if your SIM card is compatible with the network and doing all the other steps listed above, turn off your phone and carefully remove the SIM card. It may be located in the SIM tray on the side or top panel or underneath your phone’s back cover, behind the battery. You can open the SIM tray with the ejector tool.
- Step 2: Locate the SIM tray on your new device and insert the SIM card in its correct size into the new phone.
- Step 3: Turn on your new phone.
- Step 4: Contact Q Link customer service to activate your SIM card if it is not automatically activated.
After transferring – How do I activate a SIM card in another phone?
Once you have inserted a Q Link SIM card into another phone, you must activate the phone. To activate the phone/SIM card follow the instructions below.
- Step 1: If you haven’t done so already, locate your SIM card tray, choose the right SIM card size, and insert your SIM card into the phone’s SIM slot. Afterward, turn the device on and follow the on-screen instructions to activate the phone.
- Step 2: You may have to perform a Network Reset, which will connect you to the Q Link Network.
If you have an iPhone, go to ‘Settings’, click ‘General’, scroll down and press ‘Reset’, and finally select ‘Reset Network Settings’. Enter your iPhone password and confirm. Wait for the device to complete the process.
If you have an Android phone, go to ‘Settings’, scroll down and press ‘Reset’ or ‘Network Reset Settings’. Choose ‘Network Reset’ and follow the instructions. Wait for the device to complete the process. If you are experiencing any difficulties, you may adjust your phone’s APN settings.
- Step 3: Transfer your phone number. To complete the activation and transfer your number call 1 (305) 260-6232. Note that you will have to provide your account number and PIN from your current carrier.
- Step 4: Download the My Mobile Account app. Download and install the app from Google Play or iPhone App Store. Launch it and log in using your Q Link phone number. This app will enable you to manage your account. You can also do so by visiting qlinkwireless.com/login.
Read one of our past articles Qlink Wireless Phone Upgrade Guide
What Happens if You Switch SIM Cards to New Phones?
In order to physically move your SIM card from one device to another, the only condition is that the SIM card fits into the device. If the card will work or not is a different question.
If the phone is unlocked the SIM card should work on the device. You will be able to turn it on, make calls, send messages, and use its other features. However, if the phone is locked and not compatible with your SIM card, you will get a notification that says ‘Invalid SIM’ or ‘No SIM Card’ or something similar. In this case, you should follow the steps written above.
In case you also need information Qlink SIM Card Replacement Guide
Can I Put My Q Link SIM in Another Carrier’s Phone?
Again, if it’s a compatible SIM card size then you can put it in another phone. However, if the phone is locked to another carrier, it won’t work. In this case, you must ask your previous carrier to unlock your phone and note that they will only do so if you have already paid off the device in full.
Will I Need a New SIM Card for My Phone if I Bring It To QLink?
In case you already have a SIM card for the phone you are planning to bring to Q Link and if you wish to activate it, you will first be required to enter its last 4 digits on their official website to see it’s compatible with their network. If your SIM card is compatible with Q Link, you will have to activate your phone to start using the service. Do so at support.qlinkwireless.com. If your SIM card is not compatible with Q Link, you will have to get a new one. If you verify your address at Q Link they will send you a free SIM card kit without shipping expenses or activation fees. Once you receive it, follow the exact instructions on how to insert it provided at support.qlinkwireless.com, and afterward, you can activate your phone.