TruConnect is a government Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program provider that operates in 37 states and offers eligible low-income customers of those states discounted and free monthly services and devices. The company offers free monthly high-speed data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and a free Android smartphone to qualifying customers.
While these benefits are pretty amazing, at a certain point you may decide to cancel your TruConnect service. Stay tuned to find out how.
Why Would You Want to Cancel TruConnect Service?
TruConnect is one of the most generous Lifeline and ACP providers in the country. However, there are many potential reasons why you would want to cancel the service. For instance:
- You may move to a state where TruConnect doesn’t offer its services.
- You may no longer be Lifeline/ACP-eligible.
- You may wish to switch to another Lifeline/ACP provider that suits your needs better.
- Your TruConnect phone got lost or stolen and you must cancel the service to protect your account.
What Do You Need to Do Before You Cancel TruConnect Service?
You can cancel your TruConnect account temporarily (if your phone got lost or stolen) or permanently.
When canceling your account permanently, make sure to do it right, otherwise, you may lose some precious data. Here is what you should know and take into consideration:
- Make sure to back up your data. This is especially important if you have received a TruConnect free phone, as the company may decide to take it once you cancel your service.
- Ensure that your account is in good standing and that you have no debts or unfinished matters with TruConnect. You can only cancel your service when all your affairs are in order.
- Decide if you wish to keep your number or get a new one when you switch to a new company. Make sure to make your wishes known during the cancellation process and keep in mind that TruConnect has the right to deny you access to your old number.
- Find a new provider, regardless of whether you are switching to another Lifeline/ACP provider or a general wireless company. Check the provider’s plans, devices, and coverage, and if you are planning to bring your own device, make sure the device is compatible with the new provider’s services.
- During the cancellation process, you may be asked to provide some documentation about your service. Therefore, make sure to prepare it in advance, thus ensuring a fast and smooth cancellation process.
How to Cancel TruConnect Service?
There are several different ways to cancel your TruConnect service. Either way, you must contact the company’s customer service. Choose how you wish to do that and follow the instructions below.
- You can contact the company’s customer service by phone. Call (800) 430-0443 and follow the prompts to speak to a representative. Explain that you wish to cancel your service and make sure to explain why and for how long (temporarily or permanently). Mention if you wish to keep your number. Answer any additional questions the agent may have and provide all the required information about your account. Make sure to call any time from Monday to Saturday from 5 AM to 9 PM PST.
- You can contact the company’s customer support online. You can either go to https://www.truconnect.com/contact-us and fill out the contact form or visit the company’s website and press the ‘Chat Now’ button, which will enable you to speak to an agent and cancel your service.
- You can also contact the company through a social media account. They have Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
- Alternatively, you can visit a TruConnect store and cancel your service in person. Find a store near you at https://www.truconnect.com/locations.
Note: After the first 15 days of service, you may terminate your service and account for any reason. However, if you do, depending on when you do it, you may be required to pay an early termination fee under your Service Contract. Pre-paid service is not subject to an early termination fee or minimum initial term. After de-enrolling, you won’t receive any refund.
Can Your TruConnect Service Get Cancelled Automatically?
In addition to canceling the service yourself by contacting the company, the provider also reserves the right to cancel your services. The company can do so in the following cases:
- If your device has been reported lost or stolen.
- If you are no longer annual or you failed to complete the annual recertification on time.
- If your account was inactive for 45 days or more.
- If you violate any of the company’s terms and conditions. See them at https://www.truconnect.com/terms-and-conditions.
How Long Does it Take to Cancel TruConnect Service?
How long the cancellation process will take depends on how and why you do it and if you wish to keep your number. It can take from a few minutes to a few days.