Does TruConnect Offer Government Assistance Benefits?
TruConnect is a telecommunications company that offers free phone and wireless internet service through not one, but two government assistance programs. TruConnect participates in the Lifeline assistance program which offers discounts on phone and wireless services and devices and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) which offers discounts on monthly broadband services and internet-connected devices.
Eligible low-income customers can receive a monthly plan with unlimited talk, unlimited text, free international calling to select countries, and a certain amount of monthly data. Qualifying households can also receive a free Android smartphone or Wi-Fi hotspot. These government benefits are available through TruConnect to qualifying residents of Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
How to Qualify for TruConnect’s Lifeline Program?
To apply for TruConnect’s Lifeline services and receive a free touch screen smartphone and monthly service, you must meet the income-based or program-based eligibility requirements determined by the FCC:
Your household qualifies if the annual income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or if a household member participates in a qualifying government program, such as:
- Medicaid / Medi-Cal
- SNAP / CalFresh
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran and Survivors’ Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Multiple Tribal Assistance Programs
Moreover, the applicant must be a resident of a state where TruConnect offers its services, at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor, and the only applicant in the household, as the benefit is limited to one person per eligible household.
How to Prove Your TruConnect Lifeline Eligibility?
During the application process, you will be required to prove your Lifeline eligibility. To do so, you should make a copy of a valid official document that contains all the vital information.
To prove your household annual income, make a copy of an official document that includes your full legal name and income, such as:
- Prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Current income statement from your employer or paycheck stubs
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Divorce decree
- Child support award, etc.
To prove your program participation, make a copy of an official document that includes your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the institution that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months or a future expiration date, such as:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
Additionally, you may have to prove your:
- Duplicate address
- Social Security Number
It’s best to prepare copies of these documents in advance so that the application process is fast and smooth. Make sure to make clear copies and never submit originals!
How to Apply for TruConnect’s Lifeline Program?
To apply for TruConnect’s Lifeline program, follow these quick and simple instructions:
- Visit truconnect.com/lifeline.
- Enter your ZIP code and email in the provided boxes and press ‘Apply Now’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fill out the application form.
- You will be required to provide some personal information and proof documentation.
- Submit the application at the end.
You may also be required to apply through the National Verifier first. You can do so online at nv.fcc.gov/lifeline or via mail (print out an application at lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf and send it along with proof documentation to Lifeline Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
How Long Does It Take to Get Approved By TruConnect?
After you have submitted your TruConnect application, you will immediately receive a ‘success’ notification and you will be transferred to a webpage that will offer you more information, including your order number. Your order number is an important detail that you may need if you wish to check your TruConnect Lifeline application status via Customer Care service, as such, it is best for you to write it down and keep it handy.
Immediately after submitting your application, it will be under review. However, it may take 3 to 5 business days before the provider has a status update. Once the company reaches a conclusion and has an updated status, you will be notified via email right away.
How to Check Your TruConnect Lifeline Application Status?
As mentioned above, TruConnect will send you an email in regards to any TruConnect Lifeline application status update as soon as the update is official.
However, there are two additional ways to check your TruConnect Lifeline application status:
- First of all, you can check your application status by contacting TruConnect’s Customer Care service. Request to speak to a representative and ask about your Lifeline application status. If you do so, you may have to provide your order number. Your order number will be provided to you immediately after submitting your application. The webpage that will appear after submitting the application and a confirmation email will both contain your order number.
- Secondly, you can check your TruCoonect Lifeline application status online by visiting the company’s official website and signing into your TruConnect account. You will be able to see your application status there.
How Long Does It Take for TruConnect to Ship My Order?
While the approval process may take 3 to 5 business days, the shipping process may take a bit longer. Once your TruConnect application gets approved, the company will ship out your order to the provided shipping address within 7 to 10 business days.
When exactly you can expect to receive the order depends on the item availability, the state, the time of year (shipping companies have significant delays during holidays), and your home address (someone who lives closer to the company’s headquarters will receive the order sooner than someone who lives in another part of the country).
How to Contact TruConnect’s Customer Support Service If You Have Questions?
In case you have any additional questions about the TruConnect Lifeline application status or anything else TruConnect-related, you can contact TruConnect’s Customer Care service.
You can do so online at truconnect.com/contact-us, via online chat, or via phone at (800) 430-0443. If you decide to call or chat, keep in mind that the support team is available from Monday to Saturday from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PST.