What Should I Do if My TruConnect SIM Card is Broken, Damaged or Not Working?
A SIM card is a smart card that you insert into a mobile phone (the device’s SIM card slot, to be more precise). It carries the owner’s unique identification number, personal data, account and service information, and a kind of antenna that connects the phone with the carrier’s service and enables the carrier to enjoy their monthly voice minutes, text messages, and data. If the SIM card is removed or damaged, the phone can no longer connect to the carrier’s network and use the services.
As such, it is vital that each phone has a SIM card and one that is functioning properly. While generally, SIM cards are well-protected in the phone’s SIM slot, it is still possible for the card to become damaged. Possibly you damaged your TruConnect SIM card while placing it into the SIM slot, perhaps you spilt the card or the phone containing it, or maybe it started malfunctioning on its own.
Whatever the case may be, you should act quickly. First, make sure to restart your phone as doing so may fix any unusual glitches or issues. Secondly, turn off your device, carefully take out the SIM card, and make sure that it has no scratches, dust, or dirt that may interfere with the contact. Once you do so, slowly reinsert the SIM card, making sure that it fits the card slot perfectly. If that doesn’t work, contact TruConnect’s customer support service. They should either help you identify the problem or send you a TruConnect SIM card replacement.
What to Do if My TruConnect SIM Card Got Lost or Stolen?
If your TruConnect SIM card is broken or damaged, you may need a TruConnect SIM card replacement. You may also need to receive a replacement card if your original SIM got lost or stolen. Obviously, a lost or stolen card won’t be able to do its job, as such, you will either have to find the original card or order a new one.
If your TruConnect SIM card is missing, contact TruConnect’s customer support service as soon as possible as anyone who may find the SIM card (or the person who stole it) may insert it into their own device and thus use your monthly minutes, texts, and data, inducing additional expenses. All expenses induced before you report the missing SIM card to the provider will be regarded as your responsibility and you will have to cover them. However, once you notify TruConnect about the incident, your account will be temporarily deactivated, which will protect it and actually make the missing SIM card a useless piece of plastic.
If you lost your SIM card along with your phone also try the following:
- Search for it by retracing your steps
- Use a tracing app to find the device
- If the phone was surely stolen, contact local authorities
- If your phone was insured, contact your insurance company and file a claim
How Do I Replace My TruConnect SIM Card?
If you need a TruConnect SIM card replacement for whatever reason, you should follow this simple procedure:
- Contact TruConnect’s customer care service. The support team is available:
- Keep in mind that the company’s customer support service is available from Monday to Saturday from 5 AM to 9 PM.
- Request to speak to a representative and tell them that your TruConnect SIM card is either not working or missing. The agent will explain your options and if the SIM card is missing, they will deactivate it.
- Order a TruConnect SIM card replacement. As an existing TruConnect customer (and thus Lifeline and/or ACP subscriber), you should expect to receive your TruConnect SIM card replacement in a few days and free of charge.
Alternatively, you could also order a TruConnect SIM card online by signing into your account at my.truconnect.com and requesting a replacement.
How to Activate TruConnect Replacement SIM Card?
Regardless of whether you are trying to activate the original SIM card or a replacement one or if you are using the original phone or a new device, you must follow the standard TruConnect SIM card activation process:
- Turn off your TruConnect-compatible phone.
- Insert your TruConnect SIM card into the device’s SIM card slot.
- Turn the device back on.
- Dial 611.
- You should receive a text message saying ‘Welcome to TruConnect’. If you don’t get this message, contact the company’s customer support.
- In some cases, you may then be required to set up the APN settings. This process varies by phone model, however, it should not take lots of time.
If you need extra guidance, you can contact TruConnect’s customer support team or visit one of their local stores.
Is My TruConnect 4G LTE SIM Card or 5G SIM Card Compatible With Any Other Providers’ Devices?
TruConnect is a generous wireless provider that offers free monthly services and devices to Lifeline and ACP-eligible customers. In addition to offering free Android phones (or Wi-Fi hotspots), TruConnect also allows customers to bring their own devices to TruConnect.
However, you can’t just bring any mobile device, insert your TruConnect SIM card in its SIM card slot, and expect it to work flawlessly. The device you bring must be:
- Carrier-unlocked (if it’s not, contact the provider and ask them to unlock the device remotely)
- Compatible with TruConnect’s network and services
To check whether or not your phone is compatible with your TruConnect SIM card, contact the company’s customer support service.
How to Transfer My TruConnect SIM Card to Another Phone?
Transferring a TruConnect SIM card to another phone requires only a few quick and simple steps:
- Make sure that you have a TruConnect SIM card and a TruConnect-compatible phone.
- Turn off the device and open its SIM card slot.
- The TruConnect SIM card comes in three different sizes. Choose the size that will fit your phone and insert it carefully into the phone’s SIM slot.
- Turn the phone back on.
- Activate the SIM card and start enjoying your services.
How Do I Transfer a Lost Phone Number to My TruConnect New SIM Card?
Your phone number is connected to your SIM card. As such, if you lose your original SIM card or it stops working, you should contact TruConnect’s customer support service and simply ask the representative to transfer your lost phone number to your TruConnect replacement SIM card.
Where Can I Buy a TruConnect Replacement SIM Card?
TruConnect’s services are only available to eligible Lifeline and ACP subscribers. As both Lifeline and ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) are government assistance programs, you shouldn’t pay a dime to receive a TruConnect SIM card replacement. After all, TruConnect also offers free monthly services and Android smartphones to qualifying customers.
If I Forgot TruConnect SIM Card PIN, What to Do?
In case you forgot your TruConnect SIM card PIN and you are unable to access your phone, don’t panic! If you enter too many wrong PIN codes, your SIM card will become blocked and you will have to enter your PUK code instead.
You should be able to find both your PIN and PUK code in your original SIM card kit.
You may also be able to get your PIN and PUK codes by contacting the company’s customer support service.
Can I Track My Lost TruConnect Phone and SIM Card?
In case you lost both your TruConnect SIM card and phone, you may be able to track it down.
- First of all, you can try calling the phone or retracing your steps.
- Secondly, try to use a tracking app, however, this will only work if your phone’s GPS function is turned on.
- Lastly, you can ask TruConnect to help you track your device.
In case you also need information How to Get a TruConnect Free Tablet