What to Do Before TruConnect Tablet Activation
TruConnect Mobile is a popular American free phone service and wireless internet provider that provides free plans, hotspots, and Android phones to eligible customers through their Lifeline Assistance program and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). In addition to a free Android smartphone or hotspot device, qualifying customers can also receive a special ACP discount of $100 on an 8-inch LTE Android tablet. ACP-eligible clients can purchase the device for only $10.01. The device obviously comes with a TruConnect SIM card.
In order to use your free monthly services with unlimited talk, unlimited text, international calls to certain countries, up to 14 GB of monthly data, and other benefits with your tablet, you must activate the tablet and the SIM card containing your account information. In this article, we will find out exactly how to do that. But before we proceed, let’s take a look at what to do before starting the application process.
- The first thing you must do is to check out whether or not you even qualify for the program. To qualify for TruConnect’s government assistance program, you must qualify for Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), the two FCC-funded government assistance programs that provide discounts on phone, wireless, and internet services and devices. Both programs have two main eligibility criteria. You can either qualify based on a low income or your participation in another qualifying government assistance program, such as Medicaid, SNAP or Food Stamps, SSI, WIC, certain Tribal programs, etc.
- If you do qualify, you must also be able to prove it. Before you apply, make sure to gather all the valid official documents that prove your eligibility.
- Apply for TruConnect’s assistance program. Do so by visiting truconnect.com, entering your ZIP code and email address, pressing ‘Enroll Now’, and following the on-screen prompts to fill out the application form and submit the proof documentation.
- If your application gets approved, expect to receive a free SIM card kit, a free phone or Wi-Fi hotspot (if eligible), and an ACP tablet (if eligible). If you receive both a phone/hotspot and a tablet, you can decide whether you wish to use the SIM card (and TruConnect services) with your phone or tablet. Regardless of which device you choose, you can activate it by following the simple process described in the following chapter.
How to Activate a TruConnect SIM Card on a Tablet
If your tablet has a SIM card slot, then you can activate the SIM card on a tablet in the same manner as you would activate it on a phone. So, in order to activate your TruConnect SIM card and account, follow these simple instructions:
- Fully charge your device (tablet or phone) and make sure to power it off.
- Prepare the TruConnect SIM card in the right size to fit the device’s SIM slot.
- Locate the device’s SIM slot, open it, and carefully insert your TruConnect SIM card into the slot, making sure it fits perfectly.
- Then, turn the tablet or phone back on.
- Dial 611.
- You will then receive a message welcoming you to TruConnect’s network and services. If you don’t receive this message, contact the company’s customer support service and ask them to solve the issue.
- You can double-check if the SIM card and device were activated by trying to place a call or use data.
How to Activate a TruConnect Tablet
To activate a TruConnect tablet, follow these steps:
- After receiving your TruConnect tablet, make sure to charge it fully.
- Then, turn it on and connect to Wi-Fi.
- As TruConnect only sells Android tablets, go to your Play Store.
- Search for the TruConnect application and install it.
- Open the application and follow the on-screen prompts to install the device.
How Long Does TruConnect Tablet Take to Activate?
Both the technical TruConnect tablet activation and the TruConnect SIM card activation on a tablet are very simple processes that only take a couple of minutes. After you have completed the TruConnect tablet activation, the device will be shortly activated and you will be able to enjoy the device and free services in a matter of minutes.
Why Should You Activate Your TruConnect Tablet
Having a tablet without a SIM card comes with all sorts of perks. You can use the practical and portable device for work, education, reading, watching videos, contacting your loved ones through internet-based communication apps, gaming, playing music, etc.
However, if you decide to activate a SIM card on the tablet, you will also be able to use the device to make and take phone calls, make international calls, send and receive text messages, use your free service’s monthly data, and much more. Activating your TruConnect tablet will simply provide you with more options.
However, if you prefer, you can also use your TruConnect SIM card and services on your TruConnect compatible phone.
How Can I Deactivate My TruConnect Tablet?
In order to deactivate your TruConnect tablet, you must contact the company’s customer support service. Tell them the reason why you wish to deactivate the device (perhaps it got lost or stolen, or you have another reason) and ask the representative to deactivate your tablet.
Your tablet will also be automatically deactivated if you don’t use the free services for more than 30 days in a row or if your prepaid account balance falls to zero.
How Can I Reactivate My TruConnect Tablet?
In order to reactivate a deactivated TruConnect tablet, contact the company’s customer support service and ask them to reactivate your device, SIM card, and account. You may be asked to pay a reactivation fee. Note that TruConnect can’t guarantee that the same phone number will be available once your account has been inactive for a while.
How to Unlock My TruConnect Tablet
Depending on your tablet’s security measures, you may need to unlock it by entering your PIN code. In case you type in the wrong PIN one too many times, you will only be able to unlock it using your PUK code. Both your PIN and PUK code should be provided at the top left corner of the TruConnect SIM card kit. The codes should also be available on your TruConnect online account. Moreover, if you are unable to find the codes to unlock the device, contact the company’s customer support service.
In case you also need information How to Unlock a TruConnect SIM Card
Why Does TruConnect Wireless Data Sometimes Not Work on My Tablet?
Several things may be causing this issue. For example, the contact between the SIM card and the tablet may be interrupted, the card may not fit the slot properly, you may be in an area with poor signal, the weather, terrain, and physical obstructions may be interfering with the network, etc.
Does the TruConnect Tablet Have Unlimited Data?
The amount of data doesn’t depend on your tablet but on your account. Depending on where you live and which plan you qualify for (Lifeline, ACP, or Lifeline + ACP), you may be able to receive up to 14 GB of monthly data. You can top-up your data with a refill plan.
Does TruConnect Tablet Have Hotspots?
Yes, the 8-inch Android tablet should have a hotspot feature.
How Long Does It Take to Transfer My Number From Old Phone After Activating TruConnect Tablet?
It depends, the process may take up to two days.
Does the TruConnect Tablet Have Internet?
Yes, all tablets are Wi-Fi enabled.