Low-income households and families are trying hard to lower their expenses as much as possible. In order to do so, they tend to give up many goods and services. However, phone and wireless services are not something that can be renounced in this digital age we live in, as we rely on such services and devices too much. Nevertheless, the government is luckily offering two assistance programs that offer discounts on phone, wireless, and internet services and devices. Several companies (including Unity Wireless) participate in these programs and offer free or discounted monthly services and devices. In this article, we will find out if it’s possible to get a Unity Wireless free phone and how to do so.
Can I Get a Unity Wireless Free Phone?
Unity Wireless is a wireless phone company that currently participates in one of the two above-mentioned government assistance programs – the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The ACP program is the newer program of the two. It was launched during the pandemic and it offers a discount of up to $30 (or $75 in eligible Tribal households) on monthly internet services. It also offers a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase an internet-connected device (such as a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer) at a very low price of between $10 and $50.
The second government assistance program is Lifeline. This one offers discounts on monthly phone services and discounted or free cell phones. Unfortunately, Unity Wireless doesn’t currently offer Lifeline benefits, as such, getting a Unity Wireless free phone is currently not possible.
How to Get Unity Wireless Free Phone Service and Tablet in 2023
Unfortunately, Unity Wireless free phones are currently unavailable, as the company doesn’t participate in Lifeline. However, this fact may change quickly, as such, it may be possible to get a Unity Wireless free phone in the future. Still, if you are interested in the other benefits that are currently offered by Unity Wireless (free monthly phone services and a discounted tablet), you can enroll in the program and apply for these benefits by following these simple steps:
- Make sure that you qualify for Unity Wireless’s ACP program and benefits.
- Make sure you have the right documents to prove your eligibility.
- Apply for Unity’s free phone service and other benefits.
Ways to Qualify for Unity Wireless’s ACP Program
To be eligible for Unity’s free phone services, you must meet the ACP requirements set by the carrier. This entails one of the following conditions:
- Ensuring that your income does not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Or that you are enrolled in a government assistance program such as:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Tribal Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Federal Pell Grant recipient in the current award year
- Free and Reduced-Price School Breakfast Program or School Lunch Program, including USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- You may also be able to enroll if you are a student receiving federal aid.
These qualifications, specific to Unity’s program, ensure that individuals who meet the outlined criteria can benefit from their free phone services.
Moreover, according to federal rules, you can only participate in ACP if you are more than 18 years old or an emancipated minor and if the selected provider (in this case, Unity Wireless) operates in your state of residence. You will see whether or not Unity operates in your area as soon as you initiate the application process.
Documents Required to Apply for Unity Wireless Free Phone Service
Throughout the application process, it is crucial to provide copies of your personal and eligibility documents to ensure approval by the carrier’s team. When it comes to personal documents, it is recommended to submit an official document that includes your full name, address, date of birth, and other essential details. Consider the following unique options for personal documents:
- Personal identification:
- U.S. driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident card or Green card
- Certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization
- Government-issued, state, Tribal, or military ID
- Proof of address:
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Utility bill
- W-2 or tax return document
To demonstrate eligibility for Unity’s free phone services, submit a document that verifies your low income or participation in a government assistance program. Consider providing copies of these unique documents:
- Income-related documents:
- Child support award
- Divorce decree
- Current income statement from your employer or paycheck stubs
- Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Government assistance program participation:
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
By submitting these personalized and distinctive documents, you enhance your chances of qualifying for Unity’s free phone services and other benefits.
Unity Wireless Free Phone Service and Tablet Application Process
To begin your journey towards obtaining free phone services and perhaps a discounted tablet from Unity Wireless, take the following steps:
- Prepare a computer or smartphone and open a web browser. If you don’t own any smart devices, you can visit a library and use a computer there.
- Navigate to the website https://www.gounitywireless.com/ and locate the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Once clicked, you will be directed to a page where you must enter your ZIP code and email address. Afterward, proceed by selecting the ‘Continue’ button to initiate the actual application process.
- Throughout the application, provide accurate personal information and attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents as required.
- Double-check and ensure the correctness of all information provided before clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
Following the submission of your application form, the dedicated team at Unity Wireless will diligently review it and provide a response within a few days. If you meet the eligibility requirements, rejoice as you can anticipate receiving your tablet within 7 to 10 days. Embrace the excitement of free phone services, which will commence from the beginning of your next month’s billing cycle.
Note: Unity Wireless may also ask you to apply for ACP through the National Verifier. You can do so at https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply by following similar steps as the ones outlined above.
What Benefits Does Unity Wireless Offer if I Can’t Get a Unity Wireless Free Phone?
As Unity Wireless doesn’t currently participate in Lifeline, it doesn’t offer free phones. However, as the company does participate in ACP, you may be able (depending on whether or not you qualify) to receive certain other, just as amazing governmental benefits from Unity Wireless.
First of all, through Unity’s ACP assistance program, you can receive a free unlimited service plan that offers unlimited monthly talk, text, and data, the opportunity to bring your own phone and keep your number, access to a reliable fast network, free hotspot, and constantly-available social media customer support.
Secondly, through Unity’s ACP program, you can also receive a smart tablet. ACP tablets are often referred to as ‘free’, however, due to government rules, eligible customers must pay a mandatory co-pay of between $10 and $50 to obtain the device. Eligible customers can get a Unity Wireless ‘free’ tablet for as low as $10.01.
Wow, free phone services and an almost-free tablet? These benefits are valued up to $750 a year and saving this much money on phone and wireless services and devices may sound too good to be true. You may be thinking that there must at least be some hidden fees. But the answer is no – not at all. The benefits are entirely funded by the ACP program and the FCC, which manages it.
Where Can I Get a Free Phone if I Prefer a Free Phone Over Unity’s Benefits?
In addition to Unity Wireless, there are many more wireless phone companies that participate in either one or both relevant government assistance programs (Lifeline and/or ACP). Many of them offer free monthly phone services as well as free cell phones. Such companies include:
- Access Wireless (offers free phone service and free phones – apply at https://www.accesswireless.com/)
- Assurance Wireless (offers free phone service and free phones – apply at https://www.assurancewireless.com/)
- AirTalk Wireless (offers free phone service, free phones, and ACP tablets – apply at https://airtalkwireless.com/)
- Cintex Wireless (offers free phone service, free phones, and ACP tablets – apply at https://cintexwireless.com/)
- Easy Wireless (offers free phone service, free phones, and ACP tablets – apply at https://myeasywireless.com/)
- enTouch Wireless (offers free phone service and free phones – apply at https://entouchwireless.com/)
- Life Wireless (offers free phone service and free phones – apply at https://www.lifewireless.com/)
- NewPhone Wireless (offers free phone service, free phones, and ACP tablets – apply at https://newphone.com/)
- SafeLink Wireless (offers free phone service and free phones – apply at https://www.safelinkwireless.com/)
- StandUp Wireless (offers free phone service, free phones, and ACP tablets – apply at https://standupwireless.com/)
- TruConnect (offers free phone service, free phones, and ACP tablets – apply at https://www.truconnect.com/)
Alternative methods of getting a free phone (in case you can’t get it from any of the above-mentioned assistance companies) include:
- Finding a carrier or retailer’s deal on free phones (review the conditions before committing)
- Check your local charities, non-profit organizations, libraries, and schools and ask for help
- Participate in online giveaways or online surveys
- Become a reviewer or marketing agent
- Visit online marketplaces to search for affordable used/refurbished devices