Are you one of those people who have recently purchased a Sky Device tablet but are struggling to access its full potential due to it being locked to a specific network? If so, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many users face the same issue of a locked device, which restricts them from using other networks’ SIM cards or accessing certain features. However, there is a solution to this problem – unlocking your Sky Device tablet. In this article, we will guide you on how to unlock your Sky Device tablet easily and without any hassle. So, if you want to know how to unlock your device and use it to its fullest potential, keep reading.
About Sky Devices and Its Tablets
Sky Devices LLC is a mobile device manufacturer in the United States located in Florida that produces durable and high-quality smartphones, tablets, flip phones, and wearables. They focus on utilizing advanced technology and quality materials in their sleek designs to provide affordable and valuable products to customers. The company prioritizes quality and is dedicated to delivering reliable support to its users.
Sky Devices currently offers the following tablet models:
- Platinum View 2
- SKY Vision 2
- Platinum A7
- Elite Octa
- SKY Kid
- Elite T10
- Elite Octa Max1
- SKY PAD 8
- SKY Max View
- Elite T8 Plus
- SKY PAD 10
- SKY Kid 1
See each tablet and its specifications at skydevices.com/portfolio/#tablets.
How and Where Can You Get a Sky Device Tablet?
There are several ways to purchase or get a Sky Devices tablet.
- You can get the device directly from the manufacturer at skydevices.com/portfolio/#tablets.
- You may be able to get a Sky Devices tablet from a wireless company that participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and therefore offers highly discounted tablets to eligible low-income customers through the government. One of the ACP companies that offer Sky Devices tablets through the government is Cavery Communications & Consulting. Other ACP companies are much more secretive when it comes to revealing the available tablet brands and models in advance.
- You can buy a Sky Devices tablet from another retailer or online marketplace, such as Amazon and eBay.
Are Sky Devices Tablets Locked?
Whether or not your Sky Devices tablet is locked to a specific network depends on where you bought or got it.
If you bought the device from Sky Devices directly or another independent retailer, the device should be already unlocked. This means that you can use the device with any SIM card you wish.
However, if the device was purchased from a wireless company (an ACP provider that also offers wireless service plans), it’s likely to be locked to the specific network that the wireless company uses.
There is a simple way of testing whether or not the device is carrier-locked or unlocked.
Simply insert your SIM card into your Sky Devices tablet’s SIM card slot. If you are able to access and use your data, the device is unlocked. If, on the other hand, you get an on-screen message saying ‘SIM not supported’, ‘Enter SIM network unlock PIN’, or ‘Please enter your network unlock code’, it means that the device is locked to a specific network.
How to Unlock Sky Device Tablet
If it turns out that your Sky Device tablet is locked and you wish to use it with another SIM card, you must unlock it.
Perhaps you may think that the device can be unlocked by the manufacturer. However, that is not the case. The manufacturer doesn’t sell locked devices and doesn’t lock them. Instead, the devices are locked by the company that sells them (if the company is a specific wireless company that also offers service plans and access to a specific network).
As wireless providers are the ones that potentially lock the devices, they are also the only ones that can unlock them.
To unlock your Sky Device tablet, follow these simple steps:
- Contact your old provider or where you bought your Sky Device tablet from. The device is only locked if it was provided to you by a wireless company.
- Before you call the company, you must know your mobile number, the make and model of the device, and the IMEI number.
- Explain to the representative that you wish to use the device with another SIM card. The representative will check if the device has been paid off in full. If so and if it hasn’t been flagged as lost, stolen, or associated with fraudulent activity, the agent will remotely unlock your tablet. Note that some providers may charge an unlocking fee.
How Long Does it Take to Unlock a Sky Device Table
After you contact your previous provider – the company that locked the tablet in the first place, and after they determine whether or not your device is eligible to be unlocked (paid off in full, etc.), the agent will immediately start the unlocking process.
In most cases, the agent will be able to unlock your device remotely and immediately (in a matter of minutes).
However, in some cases, it can take longer to get the device unlocked – even up to 20 days and more. The length of the process depends on the provider and the unlocking eligibility of your device.
What to Do Once Your Tablet is Unlocked
Once your tablet has been successfully unlocked by your previous provider, you can insert your new SIM card into the slot, and activate the SIM card. The activation instructions depend on which your new provider is, however, the instructions tend to be included in your SIM card kit. Once the device has been activated, you can use it to access data and other services.
What to Do if My Sky Device Tablet’s Screen is Locked
If you are having problems with your screen lock PIN, password, or your tablet’s face recognition, simply contact Sky Device’s customer support service or your provider’s customer support service. In this case, both the manufacturer and your service provider will be able to help you out.
You can contact Sky Devices at skydevices.com/contact-us.