What Is Verizon ACP?
Verizon is one of the largest carriers in the United States. It offers countless high-quality devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and watches, accessories, versatile plans, entertainment, home internet, Fios TV, the largest 4G network in the country, and much more.
Verizon also participates in the FCC’s new Affordable Connectivity Program, also known as ACP. The Affordable Connectivity Program was implemented by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to assist eligible households in need to pay for internet services. The program provides access to affordable internet services and thus helps eligible households connect to their virtual jobs, classrooms, healthcare, and other services.
Qualifying households can receive a discount of up to $30 a month ($75 a month for eligible Tribal households) on plans with internet access.
If I Have Verizon EBB, Will I Automatically Get Verizon ACP?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is the successor of the old Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). The EBB program was created as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was designed to help provide low-income people with affordable internet service. As the program proved to be vital for so many Americans, the government has deiced to extend and modify it into the new ACP program.
On December 31, 2021, the old EBB program has ended and the new ACP program started. Until that day, Verizon customers were able to sign up for Verizon EBB. If they did so, they will continue to receive similar EBB benefits until March 1, 2022. Afterward, they will be able to enroll in the new ACP program. Former EBB customers won’t receive the new Verizon ACP program automatically. Instead, they will be required to prove their eligibility by reapplying.
In Which States Is Verizon Wireless ACP Offered?
Verizon is a nationwide carrier that operates in most U.S. states. As such, it offers its ACP discounts in the following states:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
How to Qualify for the Verizon ACP?
To qualify for the Verizon ACP program you must meet two requirements. First, you must be a resident of one of the states where Verizon offers its ACP services. Secondly, you must be ACP-eligible.
ACP eligibility criteria are determined by the FCC, therefore they are universal for all ACP providers. A household is ACP-eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Has a gross annual household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participates in one of the qualifying Lifeline programs, such as:
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Tribally administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Has been approved to participate in the National School Lunch Program and receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
What Documents Are Required to Apply for the Verizon ACP?
When you apply for the Verizon ACP program (or another ACP program from any other provider), you may be asked to provide some additional information and documentation to verify your identity or prove your eligibility. However, the provider will try to verify the information automatically. In case they are unable to do so and need some additional information, you will be notified. You can submit your documentation online or via mail. Make sure to never submit originals. Instead, make copies using a copy machine, scanner, camera, or smartphone.
Depending on your eligibility criteria and the information the provider is unable to verify, you may need to provide some of the following documents:
- To verify your identity, provide an official document that includes your full legal name and date of birth. Document examples include: a valid passport, government, military, state, or Tribal ID, driver’s license, birth certificate, certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization, Green Card, etc.
- To verify your address, provide an official document that includes your full name and your physical address. Document examples include: a valid government, state, or Tribal ID; driver’s license, utility bill, mortgage, lease statement, most recent W-2, or tax return.
- To prove that your annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you must provide an official document that includes your full name and annual income. Document examples include: prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub, a Social Security statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, a retirement statement of benefits, an unemployment statement of benefits, etc.
- To prove your participation in a qualifying government assistance program, you must provide an official document that includes your full name, the name of the program, the name of the establishment that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months. Document examples include: benefit award letter, approval letter, statement of benefits, benefit verification letter.
To participate in the ACP program on your own, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor. Therefore, emancipated minors must prove their emancipated minor status with an official document, such as a court document or a certificate of emancipation.
Find more qualifying document examples at acpbenefit.org/how-to-apply/show-you-qualify.
How Do I Sing Up/Apply for Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program?
Applying for the Verizon ACP benefit is simple.
If you are currently not enrolled in the Lifeline program, you can apply for the Verizon ACP by following the instructions below:
- Apply for ACP with USAC at acpbenefit.org.
- After USAC determines your eligibility, call Verizon to sign up for their ACP program:
- For Fios Internet service, go to verizon.com/acpconsent or call 1.800.Verizon to enroll in ACP
- For LTE Home, 5G Home, Mobile, or Mobile Hotspot plans or wireless internet service, go to verizon.com/acpconsent or call 1.800.922.0204.
If you are currently enrolled in the Lifeline program, you do not need to contact USAC. Instead, just visit verizon.com/acpconsent or call Verizon at one of these phone numbers:
- Call 1.800.VERIZON to enroll in the ACP with Fios Internet
- Call 1.800.922.0204 to enroll in ACP for LTE Home, 5G Home, Mobile, or Mobile Hotspot plans.
To see if your address qualifies, go to verizon.com/home/promo/affordable-connectivity-program, scroll down and select the type of service you desire. Then, follow the provided instructions.
What Are the Benefits if I Am Qualified for the Verizon ACP
The Verizon ACP offers several different options and subprograms that offer different benefits.
The Verizon ACP covers both home and mobile plans with internet access, such as:
- Current and older Unlimited data and bundled data plans
- Current and older usage-based data only and bundled usage-based data plans
- Mobile Hotspot plans: Premium, Pro, Plus, and Essential
- Fios Mix + Match Internet (at any speed)
- Traditional Fios bundles
- Verizon 5G Home Internet
- Verizon LTE Home Internet
- Verizon HIS
- Verizon Prepaid
- Fios Prepaid Internet
Verizon ACP benefits include:
- The basic Verizon ACP program offers a discount on plans with internet access of up to $30 a month ($75 a month for eligible households on Tribal lands). It offers access to an ultra-fast internet connection.
- The Maryland Emergency Broadband Benefit (MEBB) provides a discount of up to $15 a month to eligible Maryland residents for internet service charges in addition to the basic $30 a month ACP discount. Maryland customers must be enrolled in the Federal ACP to receive the MEBB discount.
- New Fios customers will receive a free Mix + Match internet plan, while existing Fios customers may get a Mix + Match internet plan or a traditional Fios bundle with internet.
- New and existing Verizon 5G Home customers who qualify for the ACP will receive the basic $30 a month ($75 on Tribal lands) monthly subsidy.
- New and existing Verizon LTE Home Internet customers who qualify for the ACP will receive the basic $30 a month ($75 on Tribal lands) monthly subsidy.
- Verizon HIS customers who qualify for the ACP will receive the basic $30 a month ($75 on Tribal lands) monthly subsidy. This discount can be used on all HIS plans
What Rules Apply to Me When I Participate in Verizon ACP
The Verizon ACP is a government-funded program, as such, it comes with a list of rules and restrictions. The limitations of Verizon ACP include:
- Only eligible households can enroll in the Verizon ACP.
- Only one ACP discount is available per eligible household.
- You may transfer your ACP benefit to another provider at any time. However, you can only receive one ACP discount from one provider at a time.
- In order to keep the subsidy, you must use the service at least once every 30 days. In case you don’t use the internet in 30 days, you may no longer be able to receive the ACP discount.
- The ACP program is funded by the Congress. In case the program gets discontinued, the FCC will announce its end date and Verizon will inform you about it. Afterward, you will be charged the undiscounted rate if you continue to receive the service. You will also be able to cancel the service.
Read more about the Verizon ACP program at verizon.com/home/promo/affordable-connectivity-program.
Verizon ACP FAQs
Can I Get a Free Tablet or Device With Verizon ACP?
No. While some ACP providers offer both discounts on monthly internet service and a one-time discount on a connected device, Verizon does not offer discounts on devices. In case you also need information How To Get Free Tablet From Government
Can Another Member of My Household Also Receive Verizon ACP Benefits?
No, each eligible household is only entitled to receive one ACP benefit.
If I Have EBB Already, What Should I Expect From ACP?
The main difference between EBB and ACP benefits is that EBB offered a larger discount on monthly internet service ($50 for eligible non-Tribal households and $75 for eligible Tribal households).
What Happens if I Leave Verizon? Can My ACP Be Transferred to a New Provider?
Yes. You can transfer your ACP benefit to another provider at any time. However, you can only receive the benefit from one provider at a time.
How Long Will Be the Verizon ACP Last?
The ACP is a long-term assistance program with no set expiration date. If the program ends, the FCC will notify you at least 60 days before the service expires.
What Will Happen to My Services When the Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program Expires?
If and when the Verizon ACP expires, you will have two options – to continue on your plan at the regular non-subsidized price or to end your internet service with Verizon.
Verizon ACP Fois FAQs
How Can I Receive the Verizon ACP Benefits for Fois Internet Service?
First, if you are not an existing Lifeline customer, sign up to qualify for the ACP program at acpbenefit.org.
Secondly, new customers can order any Fios Mix + Match internet plan at verizon.com/home/fios-fastest-internet. Complete your order online at verizon.com/home/fios-fastest-internet or call 1.800.Verizon. Existing customers, on the other hand, must have or move to a Fios Mix + Match internet plan or have a traditional Fios bundle (Triple Play, Double Play with data, or Stand Alone data).
Lastly, after your Fios internet installation is done, go to verizon.com/acpconsent or call 1.800.Verizon and mention the ACP program, which will make sure your call gets transferred to the team that can help you apply your ACP discount to your Verizon bill.
If I Have Lifeline on My Fois Internet Plan, Do I Qualify for the Verizon Affordable Connectivity Program?
Yes. If you have a Lifeline discount on a Fios internet plan you will continue to receive the Lifeline discount, plus receive the ACP discount.
Can I Receive the Affordable Connectivity Program For Other Fois Plans and Services?
The Verizon ACP is available for Fios Mix + Match internet plans and traditional Fios bundles with internet. On the other hand, the discount cannot be applied to Fios Mix + Match TV or Fios Digital Voice, nor can it be applied with Fios Forward.
I Am Eligible for the ACP, What Fois Internet Services Qualify for the ACP Subsidy?
New eligible customers can enjoy their ACP benefits on Mix + Match internet plans. Existing ACP customers can enjoy the discount on Mix + Match internet plans or traditional Fios bundles with internet.
Verizon ACP 5G Home FAQs
How Can I Receive the Verizon ACP for My 5G Home Internet Services?
Firstly, if you are not a Lifeline customer, you must apply for the ACP at acpbenefit.org.
Secondly, existing customers are eligible for their current 5G Home service. New customers, can order 5G Home at verizon.com/5g/home/#checkAvailability. Complete the order online at verizon.com/5g/home/#checkAvailability or call Verizon at 1.800.922.0204.
Lastly, after completing your 5G Home set up, call 1.800.922.0204 and make sure to mention the ACP program, as doing so will surely get you connected to the team that can help you apply your ACP discount to your Verizon bill.
If I Have Lifeline, Do I Qualify for the Verizon ACP Benefits?
Yes, Lifeline customers will continue to receive their Lifeline discount from their chosen provider. In addition, they will receive the ACP benefit as well.
Which 5G Home Customers Can Receive the Verizon ACP Benefits?
Both new and current 5G Home customers who are ACP-eligible, will receive the ACP discount.
Verizon Maryland EBB Program FAQs
What Is the MEBB?
The MEBB or the Maryland Emergency Broadband Benefit is a discount funded by the state of Maryland to subsidize the cost of internet service for ACP customers from Maryland. It is operated by the Maryland Office of Statewide Broadband.
How Does the MEBB Program Work?
Maryland ACP customers automatically qualify for up to an additional $15 a month discount for internet service. No action is required. Maryland residents who are not yet enrolled in the ACP must apply at acpbenefit.org. Once enrolled, the MEBB discount will be added to their bill automatically. The MEBB is expected to end when the fund is exhausted or on August 31, 2022, whichever comes first.
If I Already Have Verizon EBB, What Should Except From MEBB?
The MEBB program offers a discount of up to $15 a month for internet service in addition to the ACP discount. It will be applied to the same service as your ACP discount.
What Does the MEBB Cover?
The MEBB program covers all Verizon ACP internet plans, including home plans (Fios Mix + Match internet, traditional Fios bundles, Verizon 5G Home internet, Verizon LTE Home internet, and HIS), mobile plans (current and older Unlimited data and bundled data plans, current and older usage-based data only and bundled usage-based data, and Mobile Hotspot plans, such as Premium, Pro, Plus, and Essential), and prepaid plans (Verizon Prepaid and Fios Prepaid).