Verizon is one of the four (or since the merger of T-Mobile and Sprint – three) major U.S. carriers. The carrier is known for its huge nationwide coverage, the largest 4G LTE network in the country, reliable services, a large variety of plans, and a vast selection of high-quality devices – including smartphones, watches, laptops, and tablets.
The company is also known for often offering special promotional deals and big discounts on both plans and devices. These deals have limited time and Verizon tends to update the offers frequently. However, in this article, we will review current Verizon tablet deals and find out all there is to know about Verizon tablets in general.
Does Verizon Offer Free Tablets
Verizon often offers special deals on tablets for both new and existing customers. These devices come with a large discount or can be paid for in several (generally 24) low monthly installments. However, the provider rarely offers tablets that are completely free of charge. They may do so in the future, but currently, none of the discounted tablets comes for free.
In case you also need information Verizon Wireless Lifeline Discount Phone
Best Verizon Tablets Deals
Verizon almost always runs promotional deals on tablets and laptops. In comparison to some other carriers and wireless service providers, Verizon often updates its deals and it offers devices from the most reputable brands, such as Apple, Samsung, and Lenovo.
Currently, Verizon offers three limited-time deals on tablets. You can get the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e. The prices of monthly installments starting at $15.83 (previously, it was $19.99 a month). The retail price is $479.99 and you will be required to pay 24 monthly installments. This deal will save you $100. However, if you purchase Samsung Tab S7+, Samsung Tab S7, Samsung Tab S5e, or Samsung Galaxy Book S device, make sure to select the Unlimited plan, as only with this plan you will get a discount. This deal is available for both new and existing customers.
- Apple iPad mini. The price starts at $22.08 a month and you will be required to pay 24 monthly installments. The retail price is $529.99. If you buy the iPad and select an Unlimited plan, you will be able to save $100. This deal is available for both new and existing customers.
- Samsung Chromebook Plus. The price of monthly installments (there are 24 installments) starts at $12.49 (it used to be $24.99). The retail price of the device is $599.99. To save the $300, you must select the Unlimited plan. This deal is available for both new and existing customers.
What Others Tablets Are Compatible With Verizon Wireless
You need to keep in mind that Verizon offers their ‘Bring Your Own Device’ option. As such, there is a wide range of compatible phones and tablets that may be used with their services. Of course, you need to check the compatibility in advance. You may do so by visiting verizon.com/bring-your-own-device and clicking the ‘Check Compatibility’ button.
Even though there are many tablets that are potentially compatible with Verizon Wireless, we cannot list them. The only ones that we can definitely claim are compatible, are the ones currently offered by Verizon itself. These models are listed below.
- Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2021)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Apple 11-inch iPad Pro (2021)
- Apple iPad Air (4th Generation)
- Apple iPad (8th Generation)
- Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2020)
- Apple 11-inch iPad Pro (2020)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G
- Apple iPad mini
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
- TCL TAB Family Edition
- TCL TAB 8
You can read one of our past articles 12 Best Verizon Unlocked Phones
Verizon Tablet Plans Deals
Verizon Wireless offers for most of the tablets listed in the previous section various payment methods. You can choose to pay for your new device in full in advance, or you can go with a monthly payment. The latter usually come in 24 or 30 monthly installments.
However, not all customers are eligible for the installment payment option. So, make sure to check the details provided for every particular tablet.
Moreover, Verizon Wireless offers some ways to save on your tablet purchase. Special discounts may be unlocked by adding a new line or upgrading an existing line (t.i. to take a more expensive plan with more data or other benefits).
Furthermore, you can get an additional discount by trading in your current device. This will typically give you a discount of about $100.
As a general rule of thumb, you can consider the following: the higher the price of your plan, the higher the discount you can get on your tablet. So, if you need the most abundant plans, you can make use of them and get a noticeable discount.
How Do You Activate A Verizon Tablet?
Here we take a closer look at the exact steps on how to activate a Samsung Galaxy Tab with Verizon services. Other Android tablet models follow very similar steps. Since Apple works slightly differently than Android, we also take a closer look at the activation process for iPads. Moreover, if you need additional help, you may always turn to Verizon support service.
Activating Android Tablets on Verizon
- If powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Verizon logo appears then release.
- Tap the appropriate language then tap Activate. Note: Allow several seconds for activation to complete.
- Once your device is active and you see 4G in the upper right, tap Settings.
- Tap Verizon data.
- Tap Select service.
- Navigate to Activate > Month to month > Activate (*228).
- Wait for your device to complete network activation:
- Press Volume up (located below the Power button) once.
- Press Volume down twice.
- Press Volume up three times.
- Press Volume down four times.
- Tap Skip.
- From the ‘Google account’ screen, tap Skip.
- If presented with the ‘Wi-Fi setup’ screen, tap Skip.
- From the account setup screen, tap Skip.
- From the ‘Location Services’ screen, tap the desired location options to enable or disable then tap Next.
- VZW location services
- Standalone GPS services
- Google location services
- If presented, review the disclaimer then tap Agree.
- Tap Next.
- From the ‘Backup Assistant’ screen, tap Skip.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Exit.
- Tap Begin.
Activating Apple Tablets (iPads) on Verizon
- Press and hold the Power button (top-right edge) to power your new iPad on.
- Swipe up on the display, choose a language then tap a country or region.
- Tap Set Up Manually.
- Tap the desired Wi-Fi network, enter the Wi-Fi password then tap Join.
- To continue, review the ‘Data & Privacy’ info then tap Continue.
- Tap Continue to set up Face ID or Touch ID.
- Enter a passcode then re-enter the passcode.
- Tap a setup option:
- Restore from iCloud Backup
- Restore from Mac or PC
- Move Data from Android
- Don’t Transfer Apps & Data
- Enter your Apple ID and password then tap Next.
- Create an Apple ID
- Forgot Password or Apple ID
- To continue, review the Terms and Conditions then tap Agree.
- To set up your iPad with the recommended settings, tap Continue.
- To get the latest features, security, and improvements automatically, tap Continue.
- To set up Apple Pay, tap Continue then follow the on-screen instructions.
- To set up Siri, tap Continue then follow the on-screen instructions.
- To receive weekly reports about your screen time and set limits for apps you want to manage, tap Continue.
- To share app activity and crash data with app developers, tap Share with App Developers.
- Review the tutorial screens then tap Continue.
- To begin using your iPad, swipe up on the display or tap ‘Get Started’.
Do I Need To Unlock Verizon Tablet
According to the official information provided by Verizon, their LTE devices do not come to SIM locked. This means that you should be able to use any Verizon Tablet with SIM cards offered by other carriers just as long as that carrier offers their own BYOP or BYOD.
For Verizon New SIM Card Activation you can read How To Activate Verizon New SIM Card
Verizon Tablets Related Others Thing You Should Know
Does Verizon Have Deals for Existing Customers?
Like most wireless carriers, Verizon also offers the best deals to new customers or those willing to add an additional line. However, from time to time there are deals also available to existing customers without the need to add an additional line. To see the latest deals, it is best to visit Verizon’s official website.
How Do I Avoid Verizon Upgrade Fee 2021?
If you don’t want to pay any kind of upgrade fee, the best option is to do the upgrade yourself and get rid of 50% of the fee. YOu may need to call customer support to communicate the details.
Does Verizon Offer Tablets Deals for Seniors?
Currently, there are no specific tablet deals for seniors.
Read one of our past articles Verizon Wireless Phones for Senior
Does Verizon Have Special Data Plans for Tablet Users?
The same plans that are available for phones are also available for tablets. However, Verizon also offers the ‘Connected devices’ plan options, which enable you to get Unlimited for your other device (which tables are).