Verizon Wireless is one of the most advanced communications systems in the world today, which promises the digital world millions of people every day. Verizon Wireless is one of the most co-operative partners with the federal government lifeline assistant program. Elderly, low-income families who are unable to buy cell phones for advanced communications systems after providing financial support to their families, Verizon wireless donate free cell phones or provides discount to them. In this article, I will discuss how to get a free cell phone from Verizon Wireless and about their free plan.
Verizon Wireless Phone Really Free?
One Important Questions We Can Be In Dilemma Does Verizon provide cell phones? The most common answer is yes. Eligible are receive free cell phone and free voice minute, free text message, free internet data, and sometimes receive reduce call rate on Verizon monthly bill. But It depends by state.
Qualify Requirement For Verizon Wireless Free Government Phone
If there is a low income single or family, then Verizon Government free will be able to apply for the phone. Low income means if your income level is below 135% or below government poverty policy. Also, if you qualify under Government’s other LifeLine Aid program, then you can apply for Verizon Government Free Phone. The program list of Government LifeLine is given below.
- Only for Medicaid not Medicare
- Veterans and survivors pension benefits
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps/SNAP):
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA Section 8)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
You can also qualify if you stay federally recognized tribe land by participating in any program above or below.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families/Tribally administered (TANF)
- Head Start (only those meeting its income standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Other assistance programs in North Carolina (or residing state)
What Document Need For Qualify Verizon Wireless Free Government Phone
- Previous year’s state, federal or tribal tax return
- Pension benefits papers
- Social security benefits papers
- Divorce latter of child support papers
- Veterans Organization benefits papers
- Joblessness restitution benefits statement
- Current salary proclamation from employer
- Tribal notification letter of interest in the agency of Indian Affairs General help
Note: Never send your original document Couse they will not return your documents.
Virgin Wireless Lifeline Program Qualify Area
Virgin Wireless offers free mobiles at a few State A’s, Iowa, North Dakota, New York, and Wisconsin. These states do not provide places at all, at certain locations.
- For the State of New York available counties: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, St Lawrence.
- For the State of Iowa available counties: Adair, Audubon, Cass, Crawford, Guthrie, Harrison, Madison, Monona, Shelby.
- For the State of North Dakota available counties: Burleigh, Cass, Grand Forks, and Morton.
Verizon Wireless Free Government Phone Application Process:
If you want to apply for Verizon Wireless Free Phone then you should check in your state first if Verizon has been enlisted for free cell phone at your state. If you can see Verizon on the Free Phone Provider List in your state, you can go to their website and click on the Lifeline program verizonwireless.com/lifeline to apply Or Visit the lifeline, national verifier, online at checklifeline.org or call support center 8000.234.9473 or print the application from Verizon wireless lifeline program. If you want to fill-up form through the website, you have to give the identity based on your last name, first name, date of birth, last 4 digits of a social security number.
If you would like to apply directly without applying online, follow the instructions below:
If you are located in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Delaware, Washington, DC, Rhode Island, New York, and Virginia, please send along with the application and documents.
- USAC lifeline support center,P.O.Box 7081,London,KY 40742.
If you reside in Connecticut, Maryland, and Massachusetts return the USAC application with the necessary program evidence record if applicable, to:
- Verizon Lifeline support center, P.O. Box 4848, Trenton, NJ 08650-4848
If you are located in New Jersey please send along with the application and documents.
- New Jersey SHARES, 1901 N Olden Ave Ext, Suite 40, 2nd Floor, Ewing, NJ 08618
If you would like fax, you can send along with the required proof of letter to the state in which you reside.
- Connecticut 1.877.306.2190, Maryland 1.888.806.7954, Massachusetts 1.877.306.6175, New Jersey Shares 1.609.883.0133
If approves lifeline discount eligibility so call at 800.417.3849 if Verizon provides the lifeline benefits in your region.
Application Restriction For LifeLine Assistant Program
- Only one in a family will be able to get discounts on Lifeline.
- One cannot accept benefits from more than one wireless service provider.
- It is non-transferable benefits. You can’t transfer these benefits to any others.
- Lifeline applicants must provide two proofs of identification.
- Applicants must be provided documents where they live in and must be Verizon wireless provider area.
- You must choose a landline or a wireless number, can’t apply for both.
- You cannot place calls outside the US with a LifeLine discount phone.
- I can’t provide false statements. If you give false information you will be punished.
Verizon Wireless Phone Replacement Policy
Replacing physically damaged phones
Physically damaged phones are caused when you do something irresponsible about your phone. For instance, wetting or dropping your phone causing damages like breaking the screen.
You can replace your physical damaged phone through the following ways;
- Make your claim on Asurion’s website within 60 minutes of the damage. On your claim, you should explain in detail what happened. If the damage was not severe, your phone will be repaired. If it’s beyond repair, it will be replaced immediately. However, you must be enrolled in one of the device protection options:
- Verizon protection multi-device.
- Total equipment coverage.
- Total mobile protect multi-device
- Extended warranty.
- Total mobile protect multi-device for business among others.
- If you are not enrolled in any of the above protection options, You can call (866) 406-5154 for guidelines on how to buy your own certified pre-owned replacement device.
Replacing lost or stolen phones
Replacing your stolen phone under Verizon is an easy process. Immediately you lost or stolen your phone, you should:
- Visit Verizon offices to suspend or deactivate the phone and avoid any unauthorized use. You can also contact them immediately on 800.922 for quick deactivation. You can also report the theft to the police with your phones IMEI for tracking.
- To replace, visit Asurion’s website and file your claim on condition that you are enrolled in any of the above-mentioned device protection options.
Replacing manufacturing defects
Manufacturing defect means your phone has a mechanical or electrical damage. These phones are replaced immediately under Verizon certified like-new replacement policy. The policy allows you to replace your phone with exact features to your previous phone. That means the same model, same color, similar internal features, and same size.
You can replace your manufacturing defective phone through calling (866) 406-5154 for help. For Florida residents, you should replace this phone through filing your claim to the Asurion website.
Verizon Wireless Plans For 2020
1. Verizon Wireless Lifeline Discount Plans
If you qualify for Verizon Lifeline, you will get a discount of $ 9.25, on the other hand, if you live in the Federal Recognized Tribal Lands, you will receive a $ 25 discount additionally.400 anytime minutes in the local coverage area for mobile to mobile calling.
You can also read if needed: Free Government Cell Phone Companies With Plans
2. Verizon Wireless Shared Data Plans
Short or small plan: If someone is browsing the limited Internet and listening to limited videos and music, there is no need for them to take a higher internet plan. The Verizon think for them and start a low cost an internet plan 2GB within $35 and an additional charge $20/month each line per smartphone. If your allotted 2 GB internet is used, you can buy 1 GB for only $ 15. This plan is a shared plan.
Verizon 5 GB plan: If you want to use the internet on one phone and want to get everything for a lower cost, then Verizon has a simple plan for them that you can get 5GB plan with add on additional $5 on 2 GB data plan, which means if spend $40 Someone will get 5GB of data.
Verizon wireless medium plan: If someone thinks that his 2GB plan is not being done, he can double it only by adding $ 15, that is, the 4GB plan. After using the data that you will be able to use next month if you wish. The additional charge for this plan is $ 20 / month each line per smartphone includes taxes and fees. This plan also shared plans.
Verizon wireless Large plan: If someone thinks Small Plan and Medium Plan are not enough for him, and he sometimes wants to watch TV online and listen to music, he wants to watch movies, there is a chance to purchase 8GB of data on Verizon for $70.This plan also additional charged $20/month each line and each smartphone includes taxes and fees. Verizon This plan is also good for small families.
3. Verizon Wireless Single Device Plans
Verizon’s this plan is for those who do not have a smartphone, they can use basic phones, tablets, hotspots, wearable if they wish.
Plan for Basic phone: This plan is for basic phones, Unlimited talk time and text can be done on this plan, and can only use 500 MB data for downloading ringtones. Taxes and fees must be paid for all prices. Then if anyone wants to buy extra data, the price for each 500MB is $5.
Plan for tablets: The plan costs $10 plus text and fees. Unlimited talk, text and 1GB data. Be able to check email, browse websites and social media. Then if anyone wants to buy extra data, the price for each 1GB is $10.
Plan for Hotspots: The plan costs $10 plus text and fees.Unlimited talk, text and 1GB data. Be able to connect Hotspots to other devices and browse websites and emails. Then if anyone wants to buy extra data, the price for each 1GB is $10.
Plan for wearable: The plan costs $10 plus text and fees. Unlimited talk, text and 1GB data. You can use GPS, talk, and text and listen to music on the runway.
Plans for connected home:
- Plan1: Costs $60 for 10GB data. browse websites, social media, and emails, streams some music.
- Plan2: Costs $90 for 20GB data. browse websites, social media, and emails, streams song long time.
- Plan3: Costs $120 for 30GB data. browse websites, social media, and emails, music and streams video download, upload photo to social media.
- Plan4: Costs $150 for 40GB data. HD video, social media, online gaming, and streaming music and many others.
4. Verizon Wireless Unlimited Plans
For people who watch videos, listen to music, and play games on the Internet for a long time, limited internet data is not enough, so they can use the Verizon Unlimited plan. Unlimited data plans are described below.
Start Unlimited Plan: Unlimited talk, unlimited texts, unlimited data and all of the basic benefits like a 6 month Apple Music trial,480p streaming etc. The plan cost for 1 line $70, for 2 line cost is $60 each line, for 3 line cost is $45 each line, for 4 line cost is $35 each line, for 5 line cost is $30 each line
Play More Unlimited plan: Unlimited music and video streaming with millions of songs, HD and premium data like 15 GB LTE hotspot, Apple Music, 720p streaming,5 G access. The plan cost $80 for 1 line, for 2 line cost is $70 each line, for 3 line cost is $55 each line, for 4 line cost is $45 each line, for 5 line cost is $40 each line.
Do More Unlimited Plan: All premium data like15 GB LTE hotspot, Apple Music, 480p streaming,5 G access,500 GB of cloud storage and discount on a connected device plan . When your priority is productivity so this plan cost $80 for 1 line, for 2 line cost is $70 each line, for 3 line cost is $55 each line, for 4 line cost is $45 each line, for 5 line cost is $40 each line.
Get More Unlimited Plan: Unlimited premium performance with extra features like 30GB LTE hotspot, Apple Music, 720p streaming,5 G access,500 GB of cloud storage. The plan cost $90 for 1 line, for 2 line cost is $80 each line, for 3 line cost is $65 each line, for 4 line cost is $55 each line, for 5 line cost is $50 each line. This is best for unlimited plan users.
Just kids plan: This plan is useful for viewing the screen at the time and tracking your child’s location. The plan cost $50 for 2 lines, for 3 line cost is $40 each line, for 4 line cost is $35 each line, for 5 line cost is $25 each line.
5. Verizon Wireless Prepaid plans
If you do not like Verizon’s Shared Plans and Unlimited Plans, you can take Verizon’s prepaid plans, shortly discussing some of the prepaid plans here
For all plans including unlimited talk and text. Mobile hotspot allows all plans except unlimited high-speed plans.
Prepaid phone plans: If you take Verizon’s plan, you get a double bonus, with all plans.
- If you active 3GB plan you will get 6GB data $35 no extra cost.
- If you active 8GB plan you will get 8GB data $45 no extra cost. With the unlimited calls to Canada and Mexico.
- Unlimited high-speed data with unlimited calls to Canada and Mexico. This plan cost $65
Prepaid family plan: For 1 line 1st 6GB cost $40,for 2 line 1st 6 GB $30 each line, for 3 line 1st 6 GB $30 each line.
Why You Choose Verizon Wireless? Verizon Special Benefits
At least 30 wireless companies offer free cell phone service under Lifeline. But Verizon is one of the most popular companies, For those who offer very attractive to customers, Verizon Wireless covers 80% of the state network in the U.S., which other wireless companies do not have.
They have unique applications for simultaneously making calls and sending text messages. Another wireless company does not have this application. Verizon Wireless has a powerful virus and malware protection application. With it, you can use the Internet without worrying about a virus attack.
They offer two types of data plans for Internet users, one costs $ 80 and the other $ 90 dollars, unlimited data can also be used. Verizon Wireless provides high-speed internet services. This speed 18MB per second. Of all other mobile networks, only Verizon offers 3GLTE network services. Verizon Mobile has its own app for free government mobile service plans that customers can download easily.
You can call a discount at any distance within the US with a Lifeline discount phone.
Verizon Wireless Best Phones
Verizon Wireless is a great cellphone provider serving large populations in the US. The company provides several deals. Among them, modern unlocked phones and cheap affordable plans for consumers.
Are you in love with your phone and would wish to bring it to Verizon? Then worry not. This is because the company also allows you to bring your own phone and activate it to Verizon unlocked phones. However, your phone should be compatible. Below is a list of best phones to use with Verizon.
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Verizon approves this phone in its services. The phone comes with amazing features that attract several consumers. It is a fast-charging phone that takes less time to charge helping in power conservation. Besides, it has a long life 4300 mAh lithium battery for sufficient power storage. It has an amazing display size of 6.8 inches, sufficient 256 GB storage, and 12 GB RAM. It also has 10MP front and 16MP ultra-wide rear cameras that never disappoint in the recording of moments.
2. Google Pixel 4XL
This is another Verizon unlocked phone that boasts of amazing features. It has 64 GB memory and three display sizes to choose. Those are 5.6, 5.8 and 6.3-inch display. It has other special features like a motion sensor that allows the user to control screen activities just bypassing your hand above the screen. It is also powered with Google assistance software that enables the filtering of fraud or robot calls.
Last but not least, its camera has two special features: ‘point and shoots’ feature for brilliant and clear images and ‘night sight’ feature for clear and milky features even without a flash.
3. Nokia 7.1
Nokia 7.1 is one of the latest Nokia models under Verizon unlocked phones. It is built with the latest 9.0 pie android, 64 GB memory, and 4 GB RAM with an expandable memory of up to 400GB. The phone has dual cameras of 12+5MP rear and 8MP front for quality images and videos.
It also has brilliant HDR + FHD 5.84 inch screen display with a resolution power of 2220(1080). Finally, the phone has the latest 5.0 Bluetooth connectivity, OTG, fingerprint sensors and operates under both GSM and CMDA network technology.
4. LG Stylo 5
From the great LG Company, LG stylo 5 is an amazing phone ranked among the best Verizon unlocked phones. It boasts of a stylus pen for scrolling, texting and drawing activities. It has a large screen display of 6.2 inches, 5 MP front, and 13 MP high-quality back camera.
It also boosts of a long life 3500 mAh permanently fixed battery and 32 GB internal storage.
5. Motorola Moto G7 Power
Similar to other brands, this phone has super sleek features that rank it as one of the best unlocked Verizon phones. It has a 6.2 HD screen display, 32 GB internal storage, 3 GB RAM, high speed responsive octal-core processor and a high focusing 12 MP, 8 MP back and front cameras respectively.
In also has exclusive Moto experience boosting software to awaken and fasten its actives with simple gestures, long life 5000 mAh battery and a fingerprint sensor for tight security purposes.
Verizon Wireless Customer Care Details, In case You Need Application Help
- Customer Care Website: https://www.verizonwireless.com
- Customer Service Number: 888.294.6804 ( Monday to Friday 7 am to 9 pm, and Saturday to Sunday 8 am to 9 pm local time)
- National Accessibility Number: 888.262.1999 ( Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm ET)
- Mailing Addresses For Customer Service:
P.O. Box 408
Newark, NJ 07101-0408
Among many, the above-listed phones work best under Verizon. As seen, they all have amazing and reliable features for consumers. They are also affordable and easily available in several retail and online stores.