Access Wireless is one of the most reliable, popular, and beloved wireless companies that participate in a government assistance program (Lifeline or the Affordable Connectivity Program). For starters, Access Wireless participates in both assistance programs and therefore receives double governmental funding and offers the most amazing and generous benefits. Eligible customers can receive a free cell phone service with free unlimited talk, text, data, and hotspot. Moreover, qualifying clients will receive a free smartphone. In case you are wondering what kind of phone does Access Wireless give you for free, you have come to the right place. Let’s uncover this question and more.
What Kind of Phone Does Access Wireless Give You for Free – Official Answer
The official answer to the question about what kind of phone does Access Wireless give you for free is “It depends”. Or more specifically:
- It depends on which plan you qualify for (Lifeline Only, ACP Only, or a Lifeline-ACP Combo Plan).
- It depends on the state.
- It depends on availability.
Truth be told, this is the standard answer that most Lifeline/ACP companies will give you. The fact is that these companies are funded by the government and therefore they depend on these funds and any potential variations. In order to accommodate all customers with both a free phone and service plan, they must distribute the received funds wisely. As such, they take any device they can get and then send it to a qualifying client. Instead of offering a fixed selection of phones and allowing customers to choose the one that best fits their needs, Access Wireless (as well as most other Lifeline/ACP companies) simply provides devices that are available at any given moment, place, and for any given customer (depending on which plan they qualify for).
As such, if you apply today in your state, you may receive a completely different device than another person who would apply tomorrow in another state.
Nevertheless, the company promises to provide customers with a smartphone that should come completely free of charge.
What Kind of Phone Does Access Wireless Give You for Free According to Reports
To date, many customers have received a free smartphone from Access Wireless and according to their reports, you can currently expect to receive one of the following phones:
Coolpad Legacy Go
The Coolpad Legacy Go is a budget-friendly phone featuring a 5-inch display, a 5MP rear camera, and a speedy quad-core processor. Running on Android™ Go OS, it’s perfect for daily use.
- 4G LTE network speed
- 5.0-inch FWVGA touchscreen
- Android 8.1 (Oreo Go Edition)
- 1.1 GHz Quad-Core processor
- 8GB internal memory (expandable to 32GB)
- 1GB RAM
- HAC compatibility (M4/T3)
LG Tribute Dynasty
The LG Tribute Dynasty features a vibrant 5-inch HD display, an 8MP rear camera with handy features for effortless selfies, and a 2,500 mAh battery with fast charging. With 16GB of built-in storage (expandable to 32GB), it’s a reliable and feature-rich choice.
- 4G LTE network speed
- 5.0-inch HD display
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
- 1.5GHz Octa-Core processor
- Up to 15 hours of Talk Time battery life
- 16GB internal memory (expandable to 32GB)
- 2GB RAM
- HAC compatibility (M3/T3)
Motorola E5 Play
The moto e5 play offers quality at an affordable price, with an advanced 8MP autofocus camera, a front-facing flash for great selfies, and up to 24 hours of battery life. It’s protected by a water-repellent coating.
- 4G LTE network speed
- 5.2-inch HD display (1280×720)
- Android™ 8.0 Oreo
- 1.4GHz quad-core CPU
- 2800mAh interchangeable battery
- 16GB internal memory (expandable to 128GB)
- 2GB RAM
- HAC compatibility (M4/T3)
Additionally, Access is currently likely to offer other phone models for free, including ZTE Blade Force, LG K30, Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve, LG Tribute Empire, Motorola Moto E6, Samsung A10e, and Motorola Z3 Play. You will likely receive a medium-range smartphone.
Note that the selection may vary between states, plans, and it may change almost instantly. As such, it is really difficult to speculate which device you may receive.
What Kind of Phone Does Access Wireless Give You for Free – How to Be Sure
However, if it’s absolutely necessary for you to know in advance, you can always contact the company’s customer support service, request to speak to a representative, and ask about the device options available at that particular moment, in your particular area, and depending on your particular eligibility criteria (whether you qualify for Lifeline, ACP, or preferably, both).
You can see the company’s contact options at accesswireless.com/contact-us.
What Kind of Phone Does Access Wireless Give You for Free – Alternative Options
When it comes to which device you can use with your free Access Wireless service plan, you have several other options besides receiving a free smartphone from the company.
- You can bring your own phone. It can be a device you already use or you can purchase or receive it free of charge elsewhere. You can purchase it from another carrier or retailer or see if you can get a free phone through a promotional deal, a charity/non-profit organization, an online giveaway, etc. When you decide to bring the device to Access, you must first check its compatibility with the provider’s services and network. To do so, visit accesswireless.com/shop-phones/eligible_phones, read the instructions, enter your phone’s IMEI in the provided box, see the attached instructions on how to find your phone’s IMEI number if necessary, and the system will immediately tell you whether or not your device will work with Access’s services.
- You can purchase a phone from Access Wireless. In addition to offering free phones, Access Wireless also enables you to purchase a phone at a low price from them. It can be considered an upgrade phone. The company currently offers the following phones at reasonable prices:
- NUU A11L
- BLU C5L 2022
- Samsung Galaxy A12
- Motorola G7 Play
- Samsung Galaxy A01
- Apple iPhone 8
- Wingtech Revvl V+ 5G
- OnePlus Nord 100
- See the entire selection at shop.accesswireless.com/product-category/phones/.
What Kind of Phone Does Access Wireless Give You for Free if the Original Device is Malfunctioning, Broken, Lost, or Stolen?
What if your Access Wireless phone is damaged, lost, or stolen? Here’s what you need to know:
- Equipment Malfunction Within the First Year: If your phone experiences a malfunction within the first year, contact Access Wireless support at 1-866-594-3644. They’ll guide you on options for a replacement device.
- Lost or Stolen Phone: In the unfortunate event of a lost or stolen phone, you are responsible for any charges until you report the loss to Customer Care at 1-866-594-3644. Once notified, your account will be temporarily suspended. You have 45 days to either activate a new phone or inform Access Wireless if you find your old phone. Failing to do so within this timeframe will result in account deactivation, loss of any remaining balance, and the possible reassignment of your phone number.
- Replacement Device Eligibility: You may be eligible for a replacement device. The device can be free or paid. Alternatively, you can choose to purchase a new Access Wireless phone from their online store. To determine if you qualify for a replacement, please contact the company’s customer care for assistance.
What kind of a replacement device you will receive depends mostly on which device you originally had. The company will try to provide you with the same or a comparable phone model.
How to Get an Access Wireless Phone for Free?
Access Wireless offers free government phones and plans in over 40 states, including Alabama, Arizona, California, and more. To get a free phone, you must meet eligibility criteria based on income or participation in certain government programs. Required documents include identification, proof of income, or program participation. Apply online, by mail, or by calling their customer care. Once approved, you can enjoy benefits like free texts, voice minutes, and monthly data, as well as additional features like hotspot data and caller ID. Access Wireless has various plans depending on your location, and activation instructions are provided with your phone. Restrictions apply, including one benefit per household and accurate documentation.