Have you ever heard of enTouch Wireless before? If not, you have been missing out. It is one of the most popular and generous Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program providers in the country. It offers free and discounted services and devices to eligible low-income households.
However, before you commit to its services, it’s important to know what network does enTouch Wireless use and if it has good coverage in your area. Let’s begin!
Does enTouch Wireless Have Its Own Network Infrastructure?
enTouch Wireless is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), as such, it doesn’t have its own network towers and infrastructure. Instead, it’s partnering with a larger carrier and has an agreement to use the carrier’s network. Thanks to this agreement, enTouch’s customers have access to a nationwide network, even though enTouch doesn’t have any network infrastructure itself.
What Network Does enTouch Wireless Use?
Certain MVNOs are very vocal about the network they use (especially if they use their owner’s network). However, enTouch Wireless is not one of them. Instead, the brand only proudly reveals that it offers America’s premier 4G LTE network.
Nonetheless, according to customer reviews and other revelations, enTouch runs on Verizon’s nationwide network. Verizon offers the largest 4G network in the country with a large number of reliable towers and a huge coverage area.
How Do You Know if The enTouch Wireless Network is Available in Your Area?
As mentioned before, Verizon has a huge coverage area, the largest in the country, in fact. As such, the chances that enTouch’s Verizon network is available in your area are pretty high. Nonetheless, all carriers have unevenly distributed towers, as such, certain remote areas of the country still don’t have a strong and reliable signal.
To make sure whether or not enTouch’s network is available in your area, go to entouchwireless.com/coverage/ and take a closer look at the company’s coverage map.
Note: The map is not a guarantee of coverage, but an approximation instead. The actual coverage and service quality may vary.
How Does enTouch Wireless’s Network Compare to Others?
enTouch Wireless uses Verizon’s nationwide network. In other words, it uses one of the best networks in the country.
In fact, most MVNOs run on the network of one (or more) of the largest three carriers – Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. As such, the only reasonable thing to do in order to figure out how enTouch’s network compares to others is to compare the networks of these three huge carriers.
- Verizon has the largest 4G network. It covers 70% of the entire territory and reaches over 99% of the country’s population. However, it has the smallest 5G coverage, which covers 11% of the territory.
- AT&T comes in second both in terms of 4G and 5G networks. Its 4G network covers 68% of the territory and the 5G network covers 18% of the territory.
- T-Mobile, on the other hand, has the smallest 4G coverage, reaching 62% of the land, and the largest 5G coverage, which is available in 41% of the territory.
Advantages and Disadvantages of enTouch Wireless Network
Like all other MVNOs, enTouch Wireless comes with certain pros and cons.
- enTouch has the privilege to use Verizon’s huge and reliable network.
- The company doesn’t have to worry about network infrastructure maintenance. Instead, it can focus on providing the best services for its customers.
- While Verizon’s customers must pay lots of money to purchase a plan and access Verizon’s network, enTouch’s clients can access the network free of charge.
- During times of congestion, network owners tend to prioritize their clients over the customers of their MVNOs. As such, you can expect to experience patchy coverage in times of congestion.
- MVNOs have little to no control over the network, as such, they are unable to help you if any network-related issues arise.
Moreover, both network owners and carriers are susceptible to issues due to obstructions, terrain, weather, and other uncontrollable factors.
What to Do if I Have Any Other Questions About enTouch Wireless Network?
Do you have any additional questions about enTouch Wireless’s network that we haven’t covered in this article? If so, don’t worry, as you can simply contact the company’s customer support service and the representative will be able to help you out.
You can contact the company by phone at 1.866.488.8719, via email at [email protected], or at entouchwireless.com/contact. The customer support hours are from Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 10 PM CT.
What Kinds of Services and Benefits Does enTouch Wireless Offer?
enTouch Wireless offers Lifeline and ACP benefits to qualifying customers, as such, it offers discounts on phone, wireless, and internet services.
Households that qualify for both assistance programs can receive a free cell phone service with:
- Free unlimited text messages
- Free unlimited talk minutes
- Free unlimited monthly data
- Free international calling
- Plus, a free 5.5-inch Android smartphone from a reputable brand
These benefits and others come with no contract or hidden fees.
enTouch Wireless offers its services to eligible households residing in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.