How Does Xfinity Mobile Work?
Xfinity Mobile is a popular nationwide wireless provider that offers high-quality phones, versatile plans, and other great services. It is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that provides 5G coverage on Verizon’s nationwide network and millions of secure Wi-Fi hotspots. Xfinity Mobile is only available to Xfinity internet customers.
In order to enjoy Xfinity Mobile’s services, you must have a compatible phone. You can either purchase a device directly through Xfinity or bring your own compatible phone. In this article, we will take a closer look at what phones are compatible with Xfinity Mobile.
When it comes to Xfinity Mobile compatible phones, there is a wide selection of phone models to choose from. There are many iOS phones as well as Android-powered devices that are compatible with Xfinity’s network and services. You can see the list of compatible phone models below.
However, in order for the device to be compatible, it must be carrier-unlocked, CDMA-supported, and compatible with Verizon’s network.
Best Xfinity Mobile Compatible iPhones
Many of the best and most advanced Apple iPhones are compatible with Xfinity Mobile’s services, including:
- Apple iPhone 14
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 14 Plus
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 12 mini
- Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone SE
Best Xfinity Mobile Compatible Android Phones
Android fans will be glad to hear that there are also many Android smartphones that are compatible with Xfinity Mobile’s services, including:
- Motorola moto g 5G
- Motorola moto g stylus 5G
- Motorola moto g pure
- Motorola moto g power
- Motorola one 5G ace
- Motorola moto g stylus 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S22+
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A13 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A03s
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
Best Xfinity Mobile Compatible Google Phones
In addition to the best and most popular iPhones and Android smartphones, some of the latest Google smartphone models are also compatible with Xfinity Mobile, including:
- Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Google Pixel 6
- Google Pixel 6a
Best Xfinity Mobile Compatible Other Phones
There are many iOS, Android, and Google phone models that are compatible with Xfinity Mobile’s services. However, Xfinity Mobile currently doesn’t seem to enable customers to bring any flip or feature phones to the provider’s services.
Still, the only way to be certain of whether or not your phone is compatible with Xfinity Mobile and if you will be able to bring it to Xfinity is by visiting Xfinity’s official Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program website at xfinity.com/mobile/learn/byod, pressing ‘Check Compatibility’, and when redirected, following these simple steps:
- Choose your type of device. Press ‘Next’.
- Choose your current carrier. Press ‘Next’.
- Enter your phone’s IMEI number. Press ‘Submit’.
The system will immediately let you know whether or not your phone is compatible with Xfinity Mobile.
Why Are Some Phones Not Compatible With Xfinity?
As you can see from the previous chapter, many different phone models are compatible with Xfinity Mobile, including Apple iPhones, Android phones, and Google phones.
However, not all phones are compatible with Xfinity Mobile’s services – not even if they are listed in the list of the best Xfinity-compatible phones above. Why?
Well, there are several reasons why a device may not be compatible with Xfinity Mobile.
The first issue that may make your phone incompatible with Xfinity Mobile is if the device is carrier-locked. This means that the device will only work with the network of the wireless provider that sold you the device. For example, if you purchased your device from T-Mobile, it will only work on T-Mobile’s network. However, mobile devices can be unlocked after the phone has been paid off completely and if the device is not linked to any fraudulent activity. Different wireless providers have different unlocking eligibility criteria, however, in most cases, the conditions mentioned above should suffice.
Secondly, the phone may be incompatible, if it does not support CDMA technology, as Xfinity uses Verizon’s CDMA network. This means that if you purchased your phone from a GSM carrier, such as T-Mobile or AT&T, it may be a problem, but not necessarily.
Also, it depends on the device itself. Some phone brands and models are simply not compatible with Xfinity Mobile and are unable to connect to its services and network. The only way to determine whether or not your phone is compatible is by visiting xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/device, choosing your phone type, your current carrier (the carrier that sold you the device), and entering your phone’s unique IMEI number. The system will let you know if you can bring your phone to Xfinity or not.
How to Bring Your Phone to Xfinity Mobile
You can enjoy Xfinity’s phone and wireless services with a phone that you have purchased directly at Xfinity or with your own compatible device that you bring to the provider.
If you choose to bring your own phone to Xfinity, you must follow certain steps:
- Step 1: Make sure that your phone is compatible with Xfinity Mobile’s services. Do so at xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/device.
- Step 2: Select an Xfinity Mobile plan.
- Step 3: Get an Xfinity Mobile SIM card in the mail and activate it online from your Xfinity account, over the phone, or with a professional in an Xfinity store. You can also activate your eSIM card online if your device is eSIM-compatible.
- Step 4: Enjoy your Xfinity services. Consider downloading the Xfinity Mobile app in order to view your data usage, change data options, and manage your account.
What Are the Features of Xfinity Mobile Plan?
Once you decide to sign up for Xfinity Mobile’s services and either purchase a new Xfinity phone or bring your own device, you will be required to choose an Xfinity monthly plan that best fits your needs. Luckily, all of Xfinity’s plans come with certain amazing features, such as:
- Unlimited talk
- Unlimited text
- Mobile hotspots
- Access to 4G LTE network
- Access to 5G UWB network (depending on your location and device)
- Wi-Fi calling
- VoLTE HD voice calling
- Visual voicemail
- Auto-connect to numerous Xfinity hotspots
- iOS and Android apps to manage your account
- No activation fees
Best Xfinity Mobile Plans and Phone Deals?
Xfinity Mobile offers a variety of different plans at different prices that offer different benefits. However, all of the provider’s plans are only available to Xfinity internet customers.
Xfinity Mobile enables customers to build their own plans. This offers clients more flexibility and control, the opportunity to stay connected, and the chance to save lots of money.
Xfinity Mobile offers two types of data plans – Unlimited or By the Gig, depending on the user’s needs for data.
Xfinity Mobile Unlimited Plans
Xfinity’s Unlimited plans all offer unlimited amounts of monthly data, however, the price depends on the total number of lines on your account, including tablets and lines using By the Gig data:
- The 1 line Unlimited plan costs $45 a month.
- The 2 lines Unlimited plan costs $30 a month per line.
- The 3 lines Unlimited plan costs $30 a month per line.
- The 4 lines Unlimited plan costs $30 a month per line.
- The 5 lines Unlimited plan costs +$20 a month per line.
- The 6 lines Unlimited plan costs +$20 a month per line.
- The 7 lines Unlimited plan costs +$20 a month per line.
- The 8 lines Unlimited plan costs +$20 a month per line.
- The 9 lines Unlimited plan costs +$20 a month per line.
- The 10 lines Unlimited plan costs +$20 a month per line.
The benefits of unlimited plans include multi-line pricing, great flexibility that enables you to enjoy multi-line pricing even when you mic shared By the Gig and Unlimited plans, and the freedom to switch any line to By the Gig plans at any time.
Xfinity Mobile By the Gig Plans
This type of plan enables you to choose a minimum amount of shared data, with the freedom to adjust it if your needs change. You can get:
- 1 GB of monthly data at $15 a month.
- 3 GB of monthly data at $30 a month.
- 10 GB of monthly data at $60 a month.
The benefits of By the Gig plans include sharable data, the ability to purchase additional data whenever you need to do so, and the power to manage costs with the Data Saver.
Compare the options and see more plan details at xfinity.com/mobile/learn/plan.
In addition to these great plans, Xfinity Mobile also offers other benefits, including special deals on mobile devices. Although Xfinity Mobile tends to update its offers regularly, it currently offers the following phone discounts:
- Get an iPhone 14 Pro with a $400 discount. This deal is available to new customers, new line activations, and existing customers replacing or upgrading a device. The customer must transfer their number within 30 days. Credits are applied over 24 months of the device payment plan.
- Get a Motorola moto g 5G for free. This deal is available to new customers that transfer their number within 30 days. Credits are applied over 24 months of the device payment plan.
Where to Buy Xfinity Mobile Service Plans and SIM Cards
As bringing your phone to Xfinity Mobile and signing up for the provider’s services also requires us to buy a service plan and SIM card, it’s important to know where exactly we can purchase them.
Keep in mind that Xfinity Mobile services are only available to Comcast Internet subscribers.
What Should You Know About Xfinity Mobile Before You Switch to Xfinity Mobile?
Before you switch to Xfinity Mobile, make sure to consider certain important factors, such as:
- Xfinity Mobile’s services are only available to Comcast Internet subscribers. If you are not a subscriber, you must first subscribe to the company’s internet services.
- Switching to Xfinity Mobile only makes sense if the company has good coverage in your area. Xfinity Mobile’s customers get access to Verizon’s nationwide network, which has the largest 4G coverage in the country. However, as the network towers are unevenly distributed, you must make sure that the network is available in your area. Do so by visiting xfinity.com/mobile/learn/network-coverage. Scroll down and enter your ZIP code at the coverage checker. Press ‘Check Coverage’. The system will inform you which network speeds are available in your area. Make sure that the 4G LTE network is strong.
- Switching to Xfinity also only makes sense if the company’s plans, services, and devices suit your need.
- If you are planning to bring your own phone, make sure that the device is compatible with the company’s services. Do so at xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/device. If your phone is not compatible, you can either buy a new one at xfinity.com/mobile/shop?category=device or switch to another provider instead.
If you need information How to Qualify for Affordable Connectivity Program Xfinity
Xfinity Mobile Phone Related FAQ
What Type of Phone Works With Xfinity Voice?
Some of the phone models that are compatible with Xfinity Voice are Panasonic KX-TG6572R, Panasonic Cordless KX-TGE6663B, Panasonic KX-TGC222S DECT 6.0, Panasonic Comfort KX-TGD532W, Vtech-CS6114 DECT 6.0 Digital, and Vtech CS5119-2 DECT 6.0.
How to Switch to Xfinity Mobile?
To switch to Xfinity Mobile simply contact the company’s customer service and tell them that you wish to sign up for their services. The representative will help you to do so by keeping your number (or receiving a new one if you wish to do so).
What Network Does Xfinity Mobile Use?
Xfinity Mobile uses Verizon’s nationwide network with the largest 4G LTE coverage.
Does Xfinity Mobile Have Good Cell Phone Coverage?
Yes, Verizon has the largest network coverage in the U.S. and Xfinity’s customers get access to its nationwide network.
Is Xfinity Mobile Only for Xfinity Internet Customers?
Yes, only Comcast Internet customers can sign up for Xfinity Mobile.
Is Xfinity Mobile Slower Than Other Cell Phone Providers?
Xfinity Mobile is just as fast as other Verizon MVNOs, however, as an MVNO it has a natural network disadvantage over the network tower owners (Verizon), especially in times of congestion.