Xfinity by Comcast Cable Communications is an American telecommunications company that offers cable TV, internet, telephone, and wireless services. The company offers numerous versatile internet, mobile, home phone, cable TV, and wireless plans, which attract many subscribers from 40 states. In this article, we will take a closer look at Xfinity packages for seniors.
Does Xfinity Offer Packages for Seniors?
Xfinity provides many discounts for senior citizens, including on internet plans, cable TV, and cell phone plans. Senior citizens are one of the most vulnerable groups in our society. They are generally not as tech-savvy as younger adults and they are unable to keep up with all the trends in the world of electronics and telecommunication services. Moreover, as people that are 65 years old or more tend to not work anymore, they also have limited monthly resources. As such, Xfinity packages for seniors are more than suitable for them – they are simple and relatively inexpensive.
In case you also need information How to Qualify for Affordable Connectivity Program Xfinity
Xfinity Cable TV Packages for Seniors
While younger adults may not use cable TV services as much as they used to due to the popularity of streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu, seniors are more likely to be cable subscribers. After all, cable TV is still considered one of the most reliable and simple ways to watch TV.
When it comes to cable providers, Xfinity is one of the leading companies. It offers a large selection of packages, bundle deals (with internet), and senior-friendly features, such as remotes with large buttons, voice search, and a large number of channels.
Xfinity TV deals vary widely depending on your location and package choice, however, these are the most popular ones for seniors:
- Choice Limited TV. It costs $30 a month and includes 10+ channels. You can add channels at any time. This package is suitable for people who want basic live TV, reliable reception, and less focus on On Demand options.
- Limited Basic TV. It costs $18.95 a month and includes 10+ channels. It has expanded access to On Demand shows and movies. It is suitable for occasional On Demand viewers who stick mainly to live TV.
- Xfinity Extra. It costs $65.27 a month and includes 125+ channels, plus thousands of TV shows and movies with the Xfinity Stream app. Suitable for basic cable viewers who appreciate having several options but don’t need premium channels.
- Digital Preferred. It costs $79.99 a month and includes 220+ channels. As it has expanded sports access, it is mostly suitable for sports fans.
- Digital Premier. It costs $99.99 a month and includes 185+ channels. It comes with an X1 TV box, Voice remote, and free Peacock with $4.99 savings a month. It is suitable for premium content fans.
Note: All plans include HD capability, On Demand access, and the ability to download TV shows and movies with the Xfinity Stream app.
Xfinity Cable TV, Internet, and Phone Bundles
These bundles unfortunately don’t have any senior-specific discounts, however, Xfinity offers many bundling deals and other promotional offers. Bundles almost always come with considerable discounts. In this section, you can see the best Xfinity Bundle packages for seniors.
- Select+ More. This is Xfinity’s all-in-one entertainment service. It combines the internet and TV through a streaming dashboard box with DVR. It comes with a voice remote that enables customers to control virtually anything. All of the content is available across all of your screens. It costs $99.99 a month (for 24 months) and offers over 185 channels and fast internet with speeds of up to 900 Mbps. It includes a phone and internet use on up to 12 devices at the same time.
- Xfinity Choice Doubleplay. The bundle combines the Limited Choice TV package and Xfinity internet. It is suitable for seniors who want basic channels and reliable services. This budget bundle costs $54.99 per month for 12 months. It includes TV with 10+ channels and internet speeds of up to 300 Mbps.
Xfinity Internet Packages for Seniors
Nowadays, most seniors use the internet on a regular basis. They need internet services to stay in touch with loved ones and healthcare providers, shop online, pay bills, and make financial transactions through the internet.
Prices for standard Xfinity internet packages start at $30 per month, however, qualifying low-income customers can apply for Xfinity Internet Essentials, which only costs $9.95 per month. Xfinity internet packages are available in 40 states, they offer high internet speeds (up to 6000Mbps), and they come with great bundles.
Xfinity internet packages are structured based on data usage, speed, and bundled services. Here are the most popular senior-friendly internet plans from Xfinity:
- Xfinity Internet Essentials. The plan costs only $9.95 a month and comes with a data limit of 1.2 TB. Download speeds are up to 50 Mbps and activation or installation fees, as well as equipment rental, are all included. It is only available for eligible low-income customers that qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, a government benefit program that offers discounts on broadband services. Luckily, many seniors qualify for this program. Customers also get unlimited access to Xfinity hotspots, free internet skills training, and the opportunity to purchase a low-cost computer at a highly discounted price (starting at $149.99).
- Xfinity Connect. This plan costs $30 a month and comes with a data limit of 1.2 TB. Download speeds are up to 50 Mbps. Self-install kits don’t have any fees and equipment rental can cost you an additional $15 to $25 a month.
- Xfinity Performance Pro. This plan costs $39.99 per month and comes with a data limit of 1.2 TB. Download speeds are up to 300 Mbps. Self-install kits don’t have any fees and equipment rental can cost you an additional $15 to $25 a month.
- Standard+ Double Play. This is a bundle plan that offers internet and TV services. It costs $79.99 per month and comes with a data limit of 1.2 TB. Download speeds are up to 300 Mbps and you get 125 channels. Self-install kits don’t have any fees and equipment rental can cost you an additional $5 to $25 a month.
Cell Phone Xfinity Packages for Seniors
Cellular Xfinity packages for seniors don’t have any particular discounts for elderly customers, however, senior users can choose from a variety of different types of cell phone plans. You can choose a suitable plan based on how much cell usage (monthly talk and text) or data usage you need and depending on if you are a light cell phone user or a heavy smartphone user. Xfinity currently offers these types of mobile plans:
- Pay-As-You-Go plans. These are the most affordable plans.
- Prepaid plans. You can prepay for 30, 60, or 90 days, or a full year.
- By-the-Gig plans. You pay for a minimum amount of data each month.
- Unlimited plans. These plans are suitable for heavy data users, however, they are accordingly pricey.
You can read one of our past articles What Phones are Compatible with Xfinity Mobile
Other Xfinity Benefits That Make the Service Senior-Friendly
While Xfinity may not offer official senior discounts, it does offer certain features that make it one of the best choices for seniors, including:
- Voice remote
- Internet Essentials for qualifying low-income customers
- An initial trial period
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- No-penalty agreements
- Additional senior-friendly accessibility options
Nevertheless, you should also keep in mind certain potential downsides of Xfinity packages:
- After the typical 12-month contract period the monthly service rates tend to go up.
- If you don’t enroll in autopay and paperless ecobilling within 30 days, you will lose the discount.
- There may be some extra fees. For example, TV-only customers may have to pay for installation, cable bills include a broadcast TV fee, regional sports fee, and monthly taxes depending on your state.