Cricket Wireless is a popular U.S.-based wireless service provider, currently owned by AT&T. It was founded in 1999 and has since acquired over 10 million subscribers. The company offers a decent selection of mobile devices ranging from basic flip phones to the most advanced Android smartphones and iPhones, affordable prepaid plans with no annual contracts, no credit check, and no hidden fees, AT&T’s reliable nationwide coverage, frequent promotional deals and discounts, great customer service and fast shipping, the ability to bring your own phone, and more.
In case you wish to join a large number of Cricket customers but you either can’t find your dream phone in their selection or you already have a device you love, you should take advantage of their Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program and bring an unlocked compatible device to Cricket. But how to determine whether or not your phone is compatible with Cricket? You can find out this and everything else there is to know about Cricket Wireless compatible phones in the chapters below.
How to Check Cricket Phone Compatibility
Thanks to Cricket’s simple compatibility checking process, determining whether your phone is compatible with Cricket Wireless services or not is as simple as it can get.
- Step 1: Go to your browser and either visit Cricket’s main website, press ‘Shop’ in the main menu and then select ‘Bring Your Phone’ or you can go directly to cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone.
- Step 2: You will see the entire BYOP process (Unlock your device, Check device compatibility, Select a SIM card and plan). Under ‘Check your device’s compatibility’, you will be required to enter your phone’s 15-digit IMEI number and press ‘Check’.
In case you don’t know your phone’s IMEI number, you can either dial *#06# to get the device ID number or locate it in your phone’s settings. You can get more specific instructions on how to find your IMEI number by clicking the type of device you have (Android, Apple, or Data only device).
- Step 3: Once you have entered your 15-digit IMEI number in the provided box and pressed ‘Check’, the system will immediately notify you whether or not your device is compatible with Cricket’s network and services.
Note: Before you check your phone’s compatibility, make sure it is unlocked, as only unlocked devices can work on Cricket’s network. If your device isn’t currently unlocked, you can ask your original wireless provider to unlock it for you. They will do so, as long as your device meets their requirements (it cannot be under contract, flagged as lost or stolen, or otherwise ineligible to be unlocked).
7 Best Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones 2023
Here is the list of the 7 best phones that are compatible with Cricket Wireless. Note that as soon as phone manufacturers produce new phones, the newer models may also be compatible with Cricket Wireless and may replace some of the following smartphone models.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G
When it comes to top-notch smartphones, Samsung is one of the best brands in the world. The company offers high-end devices with the most impressive and advanced features. The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G is one of the latest phones by Samsung. It is famous for its unbeatable camera abilities and other high-tech features.
The phone’s specifications are beyond amazing:
- Internal storage: 128GB/256GB/1TB (no card slot)
- RAM: 8/12GB
- OS: Android 12
- Display: 6.8-inch
- Resolution: 1440 x 3088 px
- Camera: 108MP (quad)
- Selfie Camera: 40MP (single)
- Battery: 5000mAh Li-Ion
- Ultra-grade camera (one of the best on the market)
- Great display
- S Pen with a wide-ranging functionality
- Long battery life
- Powerful and smooth performance
- Charging speed is not that impressive
Apple iPhone 13
iPhones are high-quality, reliable, advanced, and durable. If you prefer iPhones over Android phones, then the Apple iPhone 13 may be right for you. This is the brand’s latest model that comes with the most impressive features and specifications, including:
- Internal storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB (no card slot)
- RAM: GB
- OS: iOS 15 (up to iOS 15.6)
- Display: 6.1-inch
- Resolution: 1170 x 2532 px
- Camera: 12MP (dual)
- Selfie Camera: 12MP (dual)
- Battery: 3240mAh Li-Ion
- Great sturdy design
- Bright OLED screen
- Excellent 5G performance
- High-quality speakers
- Great camera
- Decent battery life
- No 120Hz refresh rate
- Big notch
- Relatively slow fast charging
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
This is another one of Samsung’s masterpieces. This is a smartphone that is jam-packed with the latest features, however, it has the traditional flip phone design, which many people find more practical, as it protects the display and makes the device smaller. Its specifications include:
- Internal storage: 128GB/256GB (no card slot)
- RAM: 8GB
- OS: Android 11 (up to 12)
- Display: 6.7-inch
- Resolution: 1080 x 2640 px
- Camera: 12MP (dual)
- Selfie Camera: 10MP (dual)
- Battery: 3300mAh Li-Ion
- The most affordable foldable smartphone
- Amazing foldable design
- IPX8 water resistance rating
- Overall excellent display
- Large cover display
- Limited battery life and relatively slow charging
- Less than impressive image quality
- If you take photos or videos while the phone is folded, the images/videos are square
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
In 2021, Apple launched its latest series of iPhones, which included the already-mentioned iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max, which is the most advanced Apple phone up to date. It features some of the most advanced features in the world and its specifications are just as impressive:
- Internal storage: 128GB/256GB/1TB (no card slot)
- RAM: 6GB
- OS: iOS 15 (up to 15.6)
- Display: 6.7-inch
- Resolution: 1284 x 2778 px
- Camera: 12MP (quad)
- Selfie Camera: 12MP (dual)
- Battery: 4352mAh Li-Ion
- Sturdy, outstanding design
- Bright and accurate OLED screen
- Class-leading battery life
- High-quality speakers
- Great performance
- Overall great photo and video quality
- 120Hz refresh rate is not widely available
- Less than impressive fast charging
- The chipset is prone to heavy throttling
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Instead of the classic flip design, Samsung came up with a cool fold design, which also makes the device smaller and more portable. Not only has the device a special design, but as it is one of the brand’s latest phone models, it is also jam-packed with advanced features. The phone’s specs include:
- Internal storage: 256GB/512GB (no card slot)
- RAM: 12GB
- OS: Android 11 (up to 12)
- Display: 7.6-inch
- Resolution: 1768 x 2208 px
- Camera: 12MP (triple)
- Selfie Camera: 10MP (single)
- Battery: 4400mAh Li-Ion
- Refined and durable design
- IPX8 waterproof rating
- Nice displays (120Hz on the cover screen)
- S Pen
- Excellent stereo speakers
- Solid camera system
- A bit disappointing battery life and charging speed
- Snapdragon 888 chipset underperforms
Motorola Razr model XT2071-3
In the world of smartphones, Motorola is a giant that must be included in such a list. In addition to other smartphones, the brand also offers this advanced smartphone with an amazing flip design, which makes the device particularly practical. The specifications include:
- Internal storage: 256GB (no card slot)
- RAM: 8GB
- OS: Android 10 (up to 11)
- Display: 6.2-inch
- Resolution: 876 x 2142 px
- Camera: 48MP (single)
- Selfie Camera: 20MP (single)
- Battery: 2800mAh Li-Po
- Latest processor for fast connectivity and excellent gaming
- Incredible cameras (both main and selfie)
- A handy folding display
- Fast charging and a decent battery life
- Water-repellent coating
- No wireless charging
- No 3.5 mm port support
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The list of the best phones that are compatible with Cricket Wireless wouldn’t be complete with a phone model from Google. The brand offers high-quality smartphones that are loaded with the newest and most exciting features. This particular model offers:
- Internal storage: 128GB/256GB/512GB (no card slot)
- RAM: 12GB
- OS: Android 12
- Display: 6.71-inch
- Resolution: 1440 x 3120 px
- Camera: 50MP (triple)
- Selfie Camera: 11.1MP (single)
- Battery: 5003mAh Li-Ion
- Durable and water-repellent design
- Great display with 120Hz
- Amazing UI
- Great performance and graphics
- Good camera quality
- Disappointing battery life with underwhelming charging speed
- Inconsistent color tuning between main and UW cameras
- Chip throttles under peak performance
Other Unlocked Phones That are Compatible With Cricket Wireless 2023
In case you wish to bring your device to Cricket, you can check to see whether it is listed on the list of phones that are compatible with their network below. To make sure, also check your phone’s compatibility at cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone.
Cricket Wireless Compatible 5G Phones
- Google Pixel 4A 5G
- Motorola moto G 5G
- Motorola moto g stylus 5G
- OnePlus 9 Pro 5G
- OnePlus Nord N200 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A13 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5G
- ZTE Axon 30 5G
Cricket Wireless Compatible Android Phones
- Alcatel A2X model A508DL
- Alcatel T1 lite model T770B 1
- Alcatel T1 Pro model T799B
- Alcatel TCL A3 model A509DL
- Alcatel TCL A3X model A600DL
- Alcatel TCL 10 Pro model T799B
- Alcatel TCL 20SE model T773O
- Alcatel model T766S
- Asustek ROG Phone 3 model ASUS I003D
- ASUS 1005DC
- ASUS 1005D
- ASUS 1005DA
- Essential PH-1 model PH-1
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4XL
- Google Pixel 4A
- Google Pixel 5
- Google Pixel 4a 5G (G205e) (5G compatible)
- LG G8 ThinQ
- LG G8X ThinQ model LM-G850QM
- LG Journey model L322DL
- LG K30 model LM-X320QMG
- LG K31 model LM-K300QM
- LG K40 model LM-X420QN
- LG K51 model LM-K500QM
- LG Premier Pro model LML413DL
- LG Premier Pro model LML414DL
- LG Premier Pro Plus model L455DL
- LG Q70 model LM-Q620M
- LG Rebel 4 model LML211BL
- LG Reflect model L555DL
- LG Solo model L423DL
- LG Stylo 4 model LML713DL
- LG Stylo 4 model LM-Q710ULM
- LG Stylo 5 model L722DL
- LG Stylo 5 model LM-Q720QM
- LG Stylo 6 model LM-Q730QM
- Microsoft Duo model 1930
- Motorola Edge model XT2063-2
- Motorola Moto E model XT2052-1
- Motorola Moto E5 Play model XT1921-2
- Motorola Moto E6 model XT2005-5
- Motorola Moto G 5G model XT2113-3 (5G compatible)
- Motorola Moto G Fast model XT2045-3
- Motorola Moto G Play model XT2093DL
- Motorola Moto G Play model XT2093-4
- Motorola Moto G Power model XT2041-4
- Motorola Moto G Power model XT2117-2
- Motorola Moto G Power model XT2117-4
- Motorola Moto G Pro model XT2043-8
- Motorola Moto G Stylus model XT2043-4
- Motorola Moto G Stylus model XT2075-5
- Motorola Moto G Stylus model XT2115-1
- Motorola Moto G 5G model XT2113-2 (5G compatible)
- Motorola Moto G7 model XT1962-1
- Motorola Moto G7 Play model XT1952-4
- Motorola Moto G7 Power model XT1955-5
- Motorola Moto G9 Play model XT2083-1
- Motorola Moto G9 Power model XT2091-4
- Motorola Moto Z4 model XT1980-3
- Motorola One Action model XT2013-4
- Motorola One Fusion+ model XT2067-2
- Motorola Razr model XT2071-3
- OnePlus 6t model A6013
- OnePlus 7 Pro model GM1917
- OnePlus 7t model HD1905
- OnePlus 8 model IN2015
- OnePlus 8 Pro model IN2025
- OnePlus 8t model KB2005
- OnePlus 9 Pro 5G model LE2125 (5G compatible)
- OnePlus 9 Pro 5G model LE2115 (5G compatible)
- OnePlus Nord N100 model BE2011
- OnePlus Nord N10 model BE2026
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G (SM-G986U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (SM-G981U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (SM-G988U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy Note20 (SM-N981U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy Note20+ (SM-N986U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (SM-G991U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G (SM-G996U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-998U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G (SM-A516U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy GS10 (SM-G973U)
- Samsung Galaxy GS9 (SM-G960U)
- Samsung Galaxy GS8 (SM-G950U)
- Samsung Galaxy GS7 (SM-G930A)
- Samsung Galaxy GS20FE (SM-G781U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A716U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy ZFold 5G (SM-F916U1) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G SE (SM-A426U1/DS) (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy A02s model SM- A025U1/DS
- Samsung Galaxy A12 SE model SM-A125U1/DS
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G SE model SM-A326U1/DS (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G SE model SM-A426U1/DS (5G compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G model SM-A526U1 (5G compatible)
- Samsung Xcover Pro model SM-A515U1
- Sony Xperia 1 II model XQ-AT51
- Sony Xperia 5 II model XQ-AS62
- Teracube 2E model TR20072EQ
- ZTE Avid 579 model Z5156CC
- ZTE ZMax 10 model Z6250CC
Cricket Wireless Compatible iPhones
- iPhone 6 and later
- iPhone 12 (5G compatible)
- iPhone 12 Mini (5G compatible)
- iPhone 12 Pro (5G compatible)
- iPhone 12 Pro Max (5G compatible)
Cricket Wireless Compatible Flip Phones
- Alcatel A2 model A406DL
- Alcatel My Flip 2 model A406DL
- LG CLASSIC Flip model L125DL
- Nokia 6300 4G (not a flip phone, but a regular phone)
- Punkt MP02 (not a flip phone, but a regular phone)
See the up-to-date list of BYOD Cricket Wireless compatible devices at https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/great-big-network/byod-compatibility.html.
What Are Cricket Wireless Compatible Plans
Cricket Wireless offers many flexible and affordable prepaid plans with no annual contracts and no overages. You can browse the plans at cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans, select a phone or the BYOP program, select the plan that meets your minute, text, and data needs, as well as your budget, and check out.
On Cricket’s website, you can choose how many lines you need, and depending on that the system will show you the plans and rates available for the selected number of lines.
For example, if you only need one line, there are four compatible plans which you can choose from:
- The 5 GB plan for $30 a month comes with 5 GB of high-speed data, unlimited talk, text, and picture messages in the U.S., HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling with compatible phones, and Cricket Call Defense with compatible phones.
- The 10 GB plan for $40 a month ($35 with Auto Pay) comes with 10 GB of high-speed data, unlimited talk, text, and picture messages in the U.S., HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling with compatible phones, Cricket Call Defense with compatible phones, and calls to Mexico and Canada.
- The Unlimited plan for $55 a month ($50 with Auto Pay) comes with unlimited high-speed data, unlimited talk, text, and picture messages in the U.S., SD quality video streaming (480p), Mexico and Canada usage, unlimited texts from the U.S. to 37 countries, HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling with compatible phones, and Cricket Call Defense with compatible phones.
- The Unlimited + 15 GB Mobile Hotspot plan for $60 a month ($55 with Auto Pay) comes with unlimited high-speed data with their fastest speeds, 15 GB of Mobile Hotspot with compatible phones, 150 GB of cloud storage, unlimited talk, text, and picture messages in the U.S., HBO Max with ads, SD quality video streaming (480p), Mexico and Canada usage, unlimited texts from the U.S. to 37 countries, HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling with compatible phones, and Cricket Call Defense with compatible phones.
You can also select 2, 3, 4, or up to 5 lines. Either way, you can choose one of the four plans listed above. The plans come with the same benefits, however, the prices differ depending on the number of lines you need.
You can find out more and review the prices at cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans.
How to Upgrade My Cricket Compatible Phone?
In order to upgrade your Cricket phone, you must first meet certain eligibility requirements, including:
- You must have an existing line of service with Cricket
- You must have a Cricket plan of over $30 a month
- The upgrade phone must be new and purchased from a Cricket store or online at https://www.cricketwireless.com/home.html.
- You can upgrade your phone once every 180 days.
- A $25 device upgrade fee applies to upgrade phones in a Cricket store.
In order to upgrade your phone, sign into your Cricket account at https://www.cricketwireless.com/myaccount.html?route=login#/login. Scroll down to ‘Phone Numbers’ and choose the line you wish to upgrade. Scroll down to ‘Device’ and select ‘Upgrade device’. Then, press ‘Shop smartphones’ to start shopping for a new device. Add the one that best fits your needs to the cart. Review insurance options, add accessories if you wish to do so, and press ‘Check out’. Enter your billing and personal info and select ‘Continue’. Review your order and press ‘Place order’. Once your order has been placed, you will see the receipt screen and receive a confirmation email.
You can also purchase an upgrade phone anywhere else and as long as it is unlocked and compatible with Cricket, you can bring it to the company’s network as well.
Are All Unlocked Phones Compatible With Cricket Wireless?
If you wish to bring your own device to Cricket, the device must be carrier-unlocked. If it is not, make sure to contact your previous wireless provider to unlock it. Most of them will do so remotely, as long as the device is eligible to be unlocked (the eligibility requirements vary by providers).
However, being carrier-unlocked is not enough. The device must also be compatible with Cricket’s network and services. See what types of phones are compatible with Cricket Wireless in the next section.
What Type of Phones Are Compatible With Cricket Wireless? CDMA or GSM?
Before Cricket Wireless was acquired by AT&T, Cricket was a CDMA provider and it used the network of Sprint and other CDMA carriers. After the acquisition by AT&T, Cricket’s CDMA network was shut down and the spectrum got modified for AT&T’s HSPA+ and LTE networks. They terminated their CDMA service in 2015. Since then, Cricket offers devices that use AT&T’s 3G, 4G, and 4G LTE GSM networks. Most phones offered prior to the acquisition wouldn’t work on the GSM network, except for the iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5s. Those compatible iPhones only required new SIM cards, other devices had to be replaced by GSM-supported devices.
Ever since the acquisition by AT&T, Cricket Wireless uses AT&T’s cellular towers and provides its customers with AT&T’s nationwide network that connects over 99% of the entire U.S. population. AT&T has overall the second-best coverage in the entire country (lagging slightly behind Verizon), as such, most Cricket’s customers get great coverage throughout the entire U.S. territory. However, as AT&T’s towers are not equally distributed, you may get patchy coverage in some remote rural areas. To make sure Cricket offers good coverage in your area, go to cricketwireless.com/map.html and enter your address or ZIP code in the provided box.
What Other Carriers Are Compatible With Cricket Wireless?
Carriers that may be compatible with Cricket Wireless include AT&T and its MVNOs, including:
- Consumer Cellular
- FreeUP Mobile
- Good2Go Mobile
- H2O Wireless
- Red Pocket
- Straight Talk
These are the companies whose devices may be compatible with Cricket Wireless. As Cricket currently uses GSM devices, T-Mobile’s phones may also be compatible with Cricket’s services and network.
Keep in mind that the phone you bring to Cricket Wireless must be unlocked, otherwise, you won’t be able to use it with their services. To make sure your phone will indeed work with Cricket’s services, check its compatibility at cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone.
The services of the listed MVNOs and carriers may also work with Cricket’s devices. However, that depends on their terms and requirements.
What Are the Cricket Compatible Phone Replacement Terms?
If your Cricket Wireless phone got lost or stolen, make sure to report the incident as soon as possible to Cricket Wireless. You can call them at 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) (available Monday-Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm ET and on Sundays from 10 am to 9 pm ET) or contact them via chat on their website (cricketwireless.com/contactus). However, you may only expect to receive a replacement device, if you have Cricket Protect.
In case your phone is not working properly and if it’s still under the manufacturer’s warranty, you may be able to get a replacement directly from the manufacturer.
If you have the Cricket Protect (an optional insurance feature that can be used with both original Cricket phones and BYOP devices), you can file a claim at cricketwireless.com/support/protect-my-phone/file-a-claim both in case if your phone got lost/stolen or damaged/broken. You should also consider canceling Auto Pay or changing your plan. If you have this insurance feature, you may receive a new or refurbished phone of the same model or a model similar in kind and quality. The device’s color, brand, model, and features may be different and compatibility of accessories is not guaranteed either.
How to Activate a Cricket Compatible Phone?
Activating a Cricket compatible device is easy. Simply follow the quick steps below.
- Step 1: Go to cricketwireless.com/activate.html# and press ‘Get Started’.
- Step 2: Select which type of device you have (Apple, Android or others, or Both – multiline).
- Step 3: Once you’ve selected your type of device, you will be asked to turn off your device, insert your Cricket Wireless SIM card (which you have purchased beforehand) into the device, and turn it back on. Once you did so, press ‘I’m Ready’.
- Step 4: Select your purchase location (the location where you purchased your Cricket device or SIM card). You can either select Cricket or Another Retailer.
In case you purchased your Cricket phone/SIM card at another retailer, simply press ‘Continue’ and you will be invited to join the Cricket community. Simply follow the instructions and finish the phone activation.
In case you purchased your Cricket device or SIM card in-store, you must activate it in the store.
If you purchased your Cricket phone or SIM card by calling Cricket Customer Care, you must also call to activate it.
In case you purchased your Cricket phone or SIM card from Cricket’s official website, you can activate it online by pressing ‘Continue’.
- Step 5: If you have purchased your Cricket phone or SIM card online and you pressed ‘Continue’ on the previous step, you can now select whether you are a new or existing customer.
If you are a new customer, simply press ‘Continue’ and you will be required to enter your order number and Cricket phone number. Once you do so, press ‘Activate’ and once the activation process is finished you will be notified.
If you are an existing customer, on the other hand, and you wish to add one or more lines to your account, you will need to provide your username, password, and account PIN. Then, you will be required to sign in to your account and follow the provided instructions to finish the activation process.
In case you also need information Cricket SIM Card Replacement Guide
Where to Buy Cricket Compatible Phone
There are many places where you can buy a Cricket Wireless original or compatible BYOP phone, including:
- Cricket Wireless physical or online store. Cricket’s online store is available at https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/smartphones and the company’s local stores are available throughout the country. Find the nearest one at https://www.cricketwireless.com/stores/.
- Cricket Wireless phone at Amazon. This is an online marketplace, where you can find new, refurbished, and used Cricket-compatible phones.
- Cricket Wireless phone at Walmart. Walmart also sells Cricket phones and carrier-unlocked phones that are Cricket-compatible.
- Cricket Wireless phone at Best Buy. You can also find a Cricket original or compatible device at Best Buy.
- Cricket Wireless phone at eBay. This is another online marketplace that sells new, refurbished, and second-hand Cricket-compatible phones.
- Cricket Wireless phone at Target. Target is another retailer that sells Cricket original and carrier-unlocked devices.
A compatible BYOP device can also be purchased at any of the compatible carriers and MVNOs (in this case you can only bring the device after it has been unlocked) or at any other retailer that sells Cricket Wireless compatible mobile devices. Make sure to purchase an unlocked device.
Things to Know Before You Buy a Cricket Wireless Compatible Phone
Before you buy a Cricket-compatible phone, which you are planning to use with Cricket’s services, there are certain things that you should take into account.
- First, make sure that Cricket offers the kind of services and devices that fit your needs.
- Check Cricket’s coverage in your area. You can do so at https://www.cricketwireless.com/map.html.
- Check out the reasons why you may want to become a Cricket customer in the first place at https://www.cricketwireless.com/why-cricket.
- If you are planning to buy a Cricket-compatible phone elsewhere, make sure to buy a device that is carrier unlocked and compatible with Cricket’s services and network. Check your phone’s compatibility at https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone.
How to Get Cricket Wireless Discount Service?
If you are an Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) subscriber, you can receive an ACP discount on monthly wireless plans and services. In addition, the company also offers some other discounts and savings, which you can see at https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/discounts-and-savings.
Cricket Wireless Compatible Phone Related Ques and Ans
Is Cricket Prepaid or Postpaid?
Cricket Wireless offers prepaid monthly plans with no annual contracts.
Is Cricket Coverage the Same as AT&T?
As Cricket Wireless uses AT&T’s cellular towers and network, it should be the same, however, during times of congestion, AT&T’s customers have a slight advantage over Cricket’s customers and the clients of other AT&T’s MVNOs.
Does Cricket Wireless Offer Free Phones When Switching?
Cricket Wireless is known for offering many convenient phone deals and discounts, including free phones for new customers who switch to Cricket or add a line. See their current offers at https://www.cricketwireless.com/current-phone-and-plan-deals.
Does Cricket Wireless Have Flip Phones?
Cricket Wireless’s phone selection depends on availability, however, the company currently does offer some flip phones. See the selection at https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/smartphones.
Are Cricket Wireless Phones Unlocked?
No, Cricket Wireless phones are locked to Cricket Wireless services. If you wish to take it to another wireless provider, you can ask Cricket to unlock your phone. However, they will only be able to unlock it after it meets all the requirements. Cricket’s unlocking requirements include:
- The device has been active for at least 6 months of paid service
- The device is designed for use on and is locked to Cricket’s network
- The device has not been flagged or reported as lost or stolen
- The device is not associated with a fraudulent account or activity
Can I Get Cricket Wireless Free Compatible Phones?
Cricket Wireless often offers special deals that may get you an original phone free of charge. In addition, there are many other ways to get a free phone and if the phone is compatible with Cricket’s services, you can bring it to Cricket.
Can I Upgrade Cricket Wireless Compatible Phone Without Paying?
Upgrading a Cricket Wireless original or BYOP device is simple, however, you cannot do it free of charge. You can read more about upgrading your Cricket phone at cricketwireless.com/support/account-management/upgrade-your-device.html.
Can I Put My Cricket SIM Card into Another Phone?
Sure you can put your Cricket SIM card in another phone, however, the SIM card and service will only work in case the phone is unlocked, compatible with Cricket’s services (check at cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone), and after it has been activated. See the activation process above.
Can You Use Your Own Phone With Cricket Wireless?
Yes, Cricket Wireless offers a simple BYOP program, which allows customers to bring their own unlocked compatible devices. Read more at cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone.
What Is Cricket Wireless Customer Service?
Cricket Wireless has a responsive customer supports service. You can contact them by phone by dialing 611 from your Cricket phone or calling 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538). Their phone service is available Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm ET and on Sundays from 10 am to 9 pm ET. You can also contact them via chat at cricketwireless.com/contactus.
Are All Unlocked Phones Compatible With Cricket?
Not all unlocked phones are compatible with Cricket. You can see the list of compatible devices in the ‘Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones List’ section or check your phone’s compatibility at cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone.
What Network Does Cricket Use?
Cricket Wireless uses AT&T’s cellular towers and network.