Welcome to the world of Excess Telecom, a leading wireless telecommunication company in America. With licenses in 47 states and a growing customer base of over 100,000 satisfied individuals in 21 states, Excess Telecom is dedicated to providing premium wireless services at affordable rates. It understands the importance of staying connected with loved ones worldwide and strives to make it accessible to all.
But here’s the exciting part – Excess Telecom goes beyond just wireless services. As an Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provider, the company also extends its support to those in need by offering free internet service. Now, the question arises: does Excess Telecom also provide free tablets to eligible low-income customers, and if so, how to get an Excess Telecom free tablet? Let’s dive right in!
Does Excess Telecom Offer Free Tablets?
Excess Telecom is an Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provider.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government assistance program by the FCC designed to help households that are struggling to afford internet service. The program’s purpose is to connect people in need to jobs, virtual classrooms, critical health services, emergency services, and more.
All ACP providers offer a discount on monthly broadband service, but only some ACP providers also offer a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a desktop computer, a laptop, or a tablet if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Excess Telecom is one of those ACP providers that offer both free internet service and data, plus, a new tablet. However, only ACP-eligible customers can get free wireless service and tablets from Excess Telecom.
Read one of our past articles Free Government iPhone
Process of Getting an Excess Telecom Free Tablet in 2023
Getting an Excess Telecom free tablet is the end step of a rather simple yet unbending application process. To get to this final step, you must first:
- Make sure you qualify for ACP.
- Prepare the documents that are required for the Excess Telecom free tablet application.
- Apply for an Excess Telecom free tablet and other benefits.
- Only if your application gets approved, will you receive the free device.
How to Get Excess Telecom Free Tablet in 2023
n order to receive an Excess Telecom free tablet, you must be ACP-eligible. To know whether or not you are ACP-eligible, you must review the ACP eligibility criteria.
- Program-based eligibility. You can qualify for Excess Telecom free wireless service and tablet if you are currently enrolled in any of the government assistance programs listed below:
- CalFresh, Food Stamps, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans & Survivor Benefits
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Income-based eligibility. You may also qualify for Excess Telecom’s ACP program if your household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- You may also qualify if you or any of your household members have received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
In addition, you can only qualify for an Excess Telecom free tablet if the provider offers its services in your state of residence.
In case you also need information Government Free Phone
What Documents Are Required for Excess Telecom Free Tablet Application?
When you apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program, the provider will try to confirm all of your provided information automatically. However, if the provider will be unable to verify some of the information and automatically approve your application, they may ask you to provide some documentation to verify your identity or prove your eligibility.
Excess Telecom may ask you to provide any of the documents listed below:
- An official document verifying your identity. For example, your passport, state ID, other government-issued ID, U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. Military ID, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, Tribal Identification Number, or Social Security Number.
- An official document showing your address. For example, your Driver’s license, state ID, Tribal ID, or another government-issued ID, utility bill, mortgage or lease statement, most recent W-2, or tax return.
- An official document proving your qualifying assistance program participation. For example, an approval letter, benefit award letter, statement of benefits, and benefit verification letter.
- An official document proving your household income. For example, a prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub, a Social Security statement of benefits, Veterans Administration statement of benefits, Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, or a similar official document showing your income, a retirement/pension statement of benefits.
Only adults who are 18 or more years old and emancipated minors can participate in the ACP program. Therefore, in case you are an emancipated minor, you must also provide an official document proving it, such as a court document, or a certificate.
Note: Make sure to only provide copies of the documents instead of the original ones.
You can read one of our past articles Emergency Broadband Benefit AT&T Guide
Application Process for Getting an Excess Telecom Free Tablet in 2023
Applying for the Excess Telecom free tablet and service is easy. All you have to do is to follow the simple steps listed below:
- Step 1: Check Excess Telecom’s coverage and availability in your area. If you are a resident of a state where Excess Telecom offers its services, you can proceed to the next step.
- Step 2: Check your ACP eligibility. You can probably get an idea of whether or not you are ACP-eligible by reviewing the ACP eligibility criteria listed in the ‘How to Get Excess Telecom Free Tablet?’ section. To make sure, you determine your eligibility with the Nation Verifier at https://getinternet.gov/apply?id=acp&awsl=link-from-how-to-apply. This way, you will apply for ACP on a national level. The application simply requires you to provide all the required information and documentation.
- Step 3: Get in touch with Excess Telecom to tell them you wish to receive free monthly service and an Excess Telecom free tablet. You can contact them by phone at +800-615-0898, via social media, or by chat on their official website at excesstelecom.com.
- Step 4: Pick your plan or apply for Excess Telecom free internet service and tablet. To apply for the Excess Telecom free tablet and internet service, visit excesstelecom.com and enter your ZIP code in the provided box. Once you do, press ‘Check Now’. Then, simply follow the provided instructions to select a plan and fill out the application form to apply for the Excess Telecom free tablet and service. Once your application gets approved, you will be notified and you will receive the free tablet soon, depending on availability.
How to Check Excess Telecom Application Status
If you applied first through the National Verifier and you haven’t heard back from them after a few days, you can check your National Verifier application status by contacting the ACP Support Center. You can do so by phone at (877) 384-2575 or by email at [email protected].
If you are awaiting a response from Excess Telecom, you can contact the company’s customer support service at https://www.excesstelecom.com/contact-us/, 1-800-615-0898, or via social media.
However, generally, you don’t have to contact anyone or check your application status in any way, as both the National Verifier and Excess Telecom will surely contact you as soon as they reach a decision about whether or not you qualify for the program.
List of Tablet Models That Excess Telecom Offers for Free in 2023
Like most other ACP companies, Excess Telecom does not disclose which tablet model a customer may receive in advance, as the offer depends on the plan, the state, and availability. Nevertheless, according to customer reports, you may be able to get one of the following tablet models:
- Alcatel Joy Tab 2
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPad Mini
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet
- Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2020
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E
- Samsung Tab S3
Excess Telecom Lifeline and ACP Plans That You Can Get With a Free Tablet
In case you are ACP-eligible, a resident of a state where Excess Telecom offers its services, and if you qualify for the Excess Telecom ACP program, you will receive several benefits other than the Excess Telecom free tablet.
- You will receive free premium wireless internet service, which will allow you to stay connected with your loved ones, jobs, education, emergency services, and more.
- You will receive a discount of up to $30 a month for broadband services ($75 a month on qualifying Tribal lands).
- You will be able to choose from the following ACP plans and select the one that best fits your needs:
- Standard (free) with unlimited minutes and texts, 15GB of data, and customer support
- Prepaid Advantage ($12 a year) with unlimited minutes and texts, 25GB of data, and customer support
- Prepaid Deluxe ($60 a year) with unlimited minutes and texts, 31GB of data, and customer support
- Prepaid Premium ($420 a year) with unlimited minutes and texts, 60GB of data, and customer support, as well as a new tablet every 6 months (for tablet users only)
- You will become a part of the connected Excess Telecom community.
- You will get nationwide coverage.
- You will become a customer of a provider that offers reliable services and has a responsive customer care service.
How to Install a SIM Card Into an Excess Telecom Free Tablet?
Your Excess Telecom tablet will arrive via mail along with a free SIM card and it will have a SIM card slot. To install the SIM card into the slot, follow these instructions:
- Turn off the tablet and locate its SIM card slot.
- Open the slot and pop out the SIM card in the size that will fit the slot.
- Make sure the SIM card is clean. Insert it into the slot carefully, making sure that the metal chip is facing the right side.
- Close the SIM slot and turn the device on.
- You can then proceed to activate the device by following the instructions in the kit.
How to Check Excess Telecom Coverage in Your Area?
As Excess Telecom doesn’t offer a convenient coverage map online, it’s best to contact the company’s customers support service and ask the agent to help you determine if the coverage is good in your area. The agent will tell you about the signal strength and data speeds in your area.
Moreover, as Excess Telecom is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) and it uses T-Mobile’s network, you can also check T-Mobile’s network coverage map online.
What Network Does Excess Telecom Use?
As mentioned before, Excess Telecom doesn’t have its own network infrastructure. As an MVNO, it borrows the network from a larger carrier. Excess Telecom uses T-Mobile’s network coverage, which is great news for customers, as T-Mobile offers the third-largest 4G coverage and the single-largest 5G coverage in the country.
Excess Telecom Tablet Replacement or Phone Replacement Policies
Excess Telecom offers a window of 14 days from the date of device delivery for customers to report any defects in their device or accessories. Once notified, the defective device must be returned within 30 days. During this period, Excess Telecom reserves the right to exchange the defective device for a suitable replacement, based on their discretion. If you require a replacement for a defective device, please contact Excess Telecom Customer Support at 1-800-615-0898.
Please note that outside of the warranty window, Excess Telecom is not liable for refunds or replacements for devices, accessories, or Top-Up purchases that are lost, stolen, misused, damaged, or destroyed. In such cases, it is the customer’s responsibility to purchase replacement devices, accessories, or tablets at their own expense.
Excess Telecom Agent Phone Number
There are several ways to contact an Excess Telecom customer support agent.
One is via phone at -800-615-0898.
The second is online at https://www.excesstelecom.com/contact-us/ or via chat.
And the last is via the company’s social media.
Keep in mind that the support service is available from 8 AM to 8 PM PST.
What Services Does Excess Telecom Provide?
Excess Telecom offers the following services:
- ACP discounts on monthly service plans (see the available ACP plans above) and tablets
- Lifeline phone and wireless service discounts and free cell phones for eligible California residents – the free Lifeline plan (only available in California) includes a free cell phone, unlimited monthly minutes and texts, and 6GB of data
- Top Up plans
- A reliable coverage and customer support service
Why Choose Excess Telecom?
Nowadays, there are numerous Lifeline and ACP providers available in all US states. How should you choose the provider that best fits your needs? Well, California Lifeline subscribers and ACP subscribers in most US states have many reasons why they should choose Excess Telecom, including:
- The fact that, unlike many other government assistance program providers that only offer discounts on monthly plans and services, Excess Telecom also offers discounts on devices (so-called free devices).
- The company’s mission is to provide all eligible customers with the quality wireless service they deserve
- You will receive an affordable and connected device
- You will be able to choose from various free or discounted plans to choose the one that best fits your needs
- Excess providers excellent coverage and a reliable customer support service
- With Excess, you will stay connected at all times
Which Brand of Tablets Does Excess Telecom Offer Free or Discounted?
The tablet brand you may get from Excess Telecom depends on the state and availability. For more information contact the company’s customer service.
Are Excess Telecom Free Tablets Completely Free of Charge?
No, due to FCC’s general EBB rules, the customer must pay a co-pay of more than $10 and less than $50 to obtain the EBB tablet.
How Do I Know if I Am Eligible for Excess Telecom’s Ebb Program?
You can check out Excess Telecom’s EBB eligibility criteria in the ‘How to Get Excess Telecom Free Tablet?’ section. To make sure, you can check your eligibility with the Nation Verifier at usac.org/about/emergency-broadband-benefit-program/system-resources/national-verifier.
How Good Is Excess Telecom Network?
Excess Telecom offers nationwide coverage and a reliable network.
What Are Excess Telecom EBB Program Restrictions?
You can only get 1 monthly service discount and one device discount per household. The benefit is non-transferable and the offer is temporary. You can switch EBB providers, however, if you already received a discounted device from one provider, you won’t be able to get another discounted device from another EBB provider.
What to Do if I Have Any Other Questions Regarding Excess Telecom Free Tablets?
In case you have questions regarding Excess Telecom free tablets, simply contact Excess Telecom’s customer care service. You can do so by phone at +800-615-0898, via social media, or by chat on their official website at excesstelecom.com.
What Brand of Tablets Does Excess Telecom Send?
If the above-mentioned customer reports are to be believed, you are likely to receive a device from Alcatel, Apple KonnectONE, Lenovo, or Samsung. ACP providers also often provide tablets from Sky Devices.
The only way to make sure which tablet brand you will receive in advance is to contact the company’s customer support service and ask a representative.