Aside from covering what phones are compatible with Dexcom G6, we will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision. We will start of with the basics, telling you what Dexcon G6 is.
Next, we will take a closer look at how to check your phone’s compatibility with Dexcom G6. Following will be the section where we dive deeper into phones that are compatible with the Dexcom G6 app.
Furthermore, we will take a closer look at Dexcom features and some detailed instructions, including how to connect your Dexcom G6 to your Android phone or iPhone.
We will wrap things up by going over some of the most frequently asked questions, which will provide you with the answers you are looking for.
What Is Dexcom G6?
Dexcom G6 is a new CGM system offered by Dexcom. CGM stands for Continuous Glucose Monitoring and thus something diabetes patients can benefit from greatly.
The key element of Dexcom G6 is the sensor, which can be placed on the abdomen, upper buttocks, or back of the upper arm. The sensor is waterproof, ultra-thin, and discrete, which means users can wear it during the day. This enables real-time glucose levels info and can predict in which way blood sugar levels are headed. With this data, users are in full control and can avoid hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia and all the potentially dangerous side effects.
The sensor alone doesn’t have a display, which means it needs to be connected to another device. There are many options in that aspect. Users can use computers, smartphones, watches, and other portable devices.
Dexcom G6 helps to reduce the guesswork that comes with making diabetes treatment decisions. It is a powerful gadget that every diabetes patient should explore.
In order to use Dexcom G6 the following two steps must first be applied:
- Users insert a tiny sensor wire under their skin using an automatic applicator.
- A small, reusable transmitter connects to the sensor wire and sends real-time readings wirelessly to a receiver. That way users can view the data in real-time. With some systems, a compatible smart device with the CGM system app can serve as the display device.
How Do I Check My Phone Compatibility With Dexcom G6?
So, if you or your loved ones want to give Dexcom G6 a chance, you need to make sure that you have a device that you can use it with. These days smartphones are extremely popular and the majority of users keep them on them all the time. This fact alone makes smartphones extremely suitable for Dexcom G6 displaying devices.
Dexcom offers a compatibility-check webpage on their official website, where users can easily determine whether any of their devices are compatible.
Visit dexcom.com/compatibility and follow the steps:
- Select your country from the drop-down menu.
- Select your language
- Click the ‘Confirm’ button
- Select ‘Search by Device.’ In case you want to search by Dexcom product, select the ‘Search by Dexcom Product’ option. The following steps refer to the ‘Search by Device’ option.
- Select your device’s platform – choose between Android, iOS, or Other.
- Then select your device’s manufacturer.
- Finally, select your device’s model. If your device’s model is not listed, it means that it is not compatible.
- Click the ‘Check Compatibility’ button.
You can read one of our past articles Republic Wireless Compatible Phones
What Phones Are Compatible With The Dexcom And Dexcom G6 App?
There is a very wide range of phones that the Dexcom and Dexcom G6 app is compatible with. As a general guideline, phones that run on Android OS 7.0 or up and iPhones iOS 11.4 have a good chance of being compatible.
Below is a list of the majority of phones. In case your phone is not listed, you may still proceed with the compatibility steps presented in the previous section.
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8+
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9+
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (Sm-J327)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (Sm-J330)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (Sm-J337)
- Samsung Galaxy A5 (Sm-A520)
- Samsung Galaxy A6 (Sm-A600)
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ (Sm-A605)
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (Sm-A750)
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (Sm-J530)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 (Sm-G980/G981)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (Sm-G988)
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ (Sm-G985/ Sm-G986)
- Samsung Galaxy A11 (Sm-A115)
- Samsung Galaxy A21 (Sm-A215)
- Samsung Galaxy A51 (Sm-A515)
- Samsung Galaxy A10 (Sm-A105)
- Samsung Galaxy A10e (Sm-A102)
- Samsung Galaxy A50 (Sm-A505)
- Samsung Galaxy A70s (Sm-A707)
- Samsung Galaxy A71 (Sm-A715)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Sm-N980)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G (Sm-N981)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (Sm-N985)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (Sm-N986)
- Samsung Galaxy M31 (Sm-M315)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (Sm-G780 / Sm-G781)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (Sm-G991)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus 5G (Sm-G996)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (Sm-G998)
- Samsung Galaxy A71 5G (Sm-1716)
- LG G4
- LG G5
- LG G6
- LG G7 ThinQ
- LG G8 ThinQ
- LG V40 Thinq
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 3a XL
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 3a
- Google Pixel 5 5G
- Google Pixel 4a
- Google Pixel 4a 5G
- Nexus 6
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20 Lite
- Huawei PSmart
Dexcom G6 Features
By this point, you know that Dexcom G6 is a CGM system, which means that its key feature is continuous glucose monitoring. It also enables users to avoid regular puncturing for a blood sample and much more.
Below you can find a list of benefits and features that Dexcom G6 users can enjoy:
- The Dexcom G6 is a mobile CGM system including customizable alerts.
- The ability to share glucose data with up to 10 loved ones.
- No need to calibrate with a blood glucose meter.
- Eliminates the need for fingersticks.
- Long-life sensor – approved for up to 10 days of continuous use.
- Sensor is very slim, which makes it very discrete.
- Sensor is water-resistant so users can keep it on while showering.
- Comes with an app for easy monitoring on your mobile.
- Comes with a more advanced app or web app – Dexcom Clarity.
- Compatible with most devices on the market.
How Do I Connect My Dexcom G6 To My Android Phone?
As an Android user, you must first go to Google Play to download the Dexcom G5 Mobile app. The app is called “Dexcom G6” and is free. After downloading the app, you need to install it and run it.
Once inside the up, you need to go through the initial setup. Setting up your username and password is where you start. Next is a welcome video, which we recommend watching. Read all the on-screen information as it will help you to get familiarized with your app.
In the following steps you will also get to set up your low (recommended 85 mg/dL) and high alerts (recommended 240 mg/dL), which will notify you if your blood sugar falls below or raises above the predetermined values.
The next steps are to connect your sensor with your app. You will need to enter your sensor code. You can find this code at the back of your sensor’s box. It is a four-digit code.
The following steps will guide you through the process of connecting the sensor and app via Bluetooth. The majority of work is done by the app. However, make sure to read the instructions and follow the steps.
You will also need to enter your Dexcom G6 sensor’s serial number, which is located at the back of your transmitter’s box.
That is it. Your sensor and your Dexcom G6 app are now connected.
Read one of our past articles What Phones Are Compatible With TruConnect
How Do I Connect My Dexcom G6 To My iPhone Phone?
The steps for connecting your Dexcom G6 to your iPhone are basically the same as the ones for Android phones. The key difference is that you do not go to Google Play to download your app. Instead, you use Apple Store.
The following steps are the same as for Androids, so please refer to the section above.
In case you also need information Phones Compatible with Xfinity Voice
Is Dexcom compatible with Android?
Yes, Dexcom is compatible with most Android devices. However, to ensure that your device is compatible, make use of the ‘How do I Check My Phone Compatibility with Dexcom G6?’ section above.
Is Dexcom compatible with iPhone?
Yes, Dexcom is compatible with most iPhones. However, to ensure that your device is compatible, make use of the ‘How do I Check My Phone Compatibility with Dexcom G6?’ section above.
How many phones can be connected to Dexcom G6?
Only one phone can be connected to the sensor. However, using the app, the data can be shared with up to 10 other users. This means that users can share the information with their loved ones or caregivers, which is extremely practical for children and seniors.